RagnarokRevolution

Started by Thinking, Jan 31, 2009, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thinking

Hi There everyone...
I wonder if anyone has ever played at RagnarokRevolution?
Humm......I have been playing there for quite a long time....
there are good and bad things about that server....
the good thing is that the players there are quite friendly....(high level players are not so friendly tough, hahaha....)
and that the drop rate is not too high......:)
what I don't like from that server are that Donation Items are too powerful.....and hence the donators or credits holder are like GOD there.....they could buy so many incredibly strong items/equips......and what I heard is that before there were GTB card and sleipnir(the shoes adding 20% sp and hp, also make u speedy) sold in the credit shop, and then removed....but yet the sold items are not removed...which makes things are even more unfair......
one more weakness of that server is that there are just too few GMs.....T-T
you could hardly find another GM, but only 1 who is online everyday....but that GM is also extra busy....and you could hardly get any reply when u tried to pm......
anyway, I have so many friends there, so actually I am quite satisfied of that server....
Ah yes, one more thing is that, my friend lost his GTB card.....the GTB card just vanished from this equipment....like flash.....tough he is not sure whether he dropped it or not, but he, me, and others think that one will not be that stupid and blind to drop a shield containing GTB card...let's say if he happens to drop it unintentionally, he must be aware of it, and pick it quickly........he asked the GM to help him to check what happened to his GTB...but the owner said he could do nothing? I thought the owner could do something? he once did it, by checking who picked the rare item that he accidentally dropped...but this time he said he could no nothing? I wonder........
this problem made that friend of mine and his other friends including me feel really disappointed.......since the lost card is GTB card....if it is normal card, no one will take it seriously......and my other friend also said he once lost his Maya Card also!!! maybe due to Bug! here is what my friend got from the GM: "Everyone could say a lie about that!".....they are not even willing to check!!! Huh......really disappointed for me....really.......how if u guys were in the position of him?Will u guys keep quiet having lost a GTB card??????????

But still, I think I still like this server very much...tough there are quite many disappointing things....but because of this server...I got so many new friends...learn so many new things.......Thank you to this server! If you guys wanna start to play at a new server....this server is good.......tough when u hit high level, you may feel things are different.....hehehe.....Happy RO!
:)

Kisuka

1) Cash shop items are not too powered, they are balanced well. Most of the items in the cash shop are from kRO's cash shop.
2) GMs/Mods are on as much as they can be, you can always get help via the forums.
3) About the GTB: I never said that I couldn't help him, the person kept spamming my forum pms and ingame pms even though I already told him I was extremely busy with the website renewal (not to mention I have been busy trying to convert the engrish in the moscovia quests for Yaros & eA), I have no time to look through tons of logs for a GTB that possibly never existed on the character or possibly traded to another character to scam another one from the GM Team, if a user dropped his or her card/weapon with the card that's their fault for not looking at it correctly.

Making a review about how I wouldn't deal with the problem RIGHT AWAY is pretty messed up, I'm a busy person and would have gotten to it eventually. But you just couldn't wait, I find that pretty messed up. I told the person 2 or 3 times I will get to it when I can, but you can't seem to wait.

Again, if a player drops the card/weapon or whatever that's their fault, that's no bug. I can assure you there is no bug that makes cards just disappear; the player did something with it, it's his/her own fault.

Thinking

Hi There Kisuka,

Please dun get it wrong, that friend of mine is still waiting you know.....it's us his friends who becomes impatient....to know the truth...hahahaha......
umm...I forwarded your msg to him.....and this is his response:
Hi Kisuka, I am Quarriel
I think I only sent u message via forum twice.....not even three times.....maybe you get the wrong spammer?
Of course if I dropped the card myself, it's my fault......I am not that childish that I would ask you to get me a new one....haha....
but I still feel like knowing actually what happened........
regarding the statement that: 'you said you could do nothing', I heard that from a GM....I have the screenie of that.....if you really didn't say that, I guess it's a misunderstanding...:)
Humm....If you don't believe that I really did have a GTB card....I have the screenie....want me to send you?

Well.....Kisuka...I respect you very much....I have been playing at your server for quite a long time.....and now I would like to say that I am not that crazy of RO that I would lie about something like that......we all have our real lives which is far more important than games right? why should I lie and add my sins just for games? hahahahahaha.......Sorry for the review made by my friend...I will scold him......:)

I am grateful hearing that you saying that you would help me to check it....though I have been waiting for almost 1 week....
but I will always wait you know.......I am looking forward to hear from you........^_^

Zone

Lol, why the hell are you going to ask for items back if you dropped them yourself.
That's the most retarded thing ever, seriously.

Thinking

hahaha.....sorry my friend....I am just reviewing a server......nothing to do with that......
the person who lost it just doesn't feel that he dropped it....he said the thing just vanished.........that's what he wants to find out....by asking for the owner's help.......clear now?

anyway, thank you for reading my review......so happy to know that someone actually did read it...hoho....^_^

Zone

Quote from: Thinking on Jan 31, 2009, 03:05 AM
Hi There Kisuka,

Please dun get it wrong, that friend of mine is still waiting you know.....it's us his friends who becomes impatient....to know the truth...hahahaha......
umm...I forwarded your msg to him.....and this is his response:
Hi Kisuka, I am Quarriel
I think I only sent u message via forum twice.....not even three times.....maybe you get the wrong spammer?
Of course if I dropped the card myself, it's my fault......I am not that childish that I would ask you to get me a new one....haha....
but I still feel like knowing actually what happened........
regarding the statement that: 'you said you could do nothing', I heard that from a GM....I have the screenie of that.....if you really didn't say that, I guess it's a misunderstanding...:)
Humm....If you don't believe that I really did have a GTB card....I have the screenie....want me to send you?

Well.....Kisuka...I respect you very much....I have been playing at your server for quite a long time.....and now I would like to say that I am not that crazy of RO that I would lie about something like that......we all have our real lives which is far more important than games right? why should I lie and add my sins just for games? hahahahahaha.......Sorry for the review made by my friend...I will scold him......:)

I am grateful hearing that you saying that you would help me to check it....though I have been waiting for almost 1 week....
but I will always wait you know.......I am looking forward to hear from you........^_^

Thinking

but the problem is he didn't think that he dropped it my friend..........
he needs a proof that he did drop it....otherwise....considered bug?

ah ah.....anyway...let's hold onto the topic.....I dun want to talk about him again....haha.....
have been scolded....>,>

I guess he could deal with his problem himself....
anybody want to review for RRO? could do it here......to save a space wasted for a topic maybe? hohoho....^^

Zone

Uh, you are saying he didn't think he dropped it, yet you said he said he knows he dropped it.
Quote from: Thinking on Jan 31, 2009, 03:05 AM
Now you are saying that he doesn't think he dropped it and that a bug made the card drop.
Lemme clarify something, there is no such thing as a bug that drops your cards for you.

Thinking

LOLLLLL.......
yes yes....
I think what he meant was: If he really did drop it, he wouldn't be so childish to ask for a new one.....
I think he wanted to use conditional sentence.....
but yet failed at using it....hahahaha......

I think he is just disappointed that the GMs don't believe that he had a gtb and think that he lied.....

I also wonder if there is really such bug........he is convinced by someone who lost his Maya card also.........

ok ok Zone......better dun talk about it anymore...please? otherwise others might misunderstand......^_^

Xeighter

Where did he say that there was a bug that dropped your cards?
All I see was that it vanished, no dropped. Same consequence, but the cause could be different.

And there are bugs as to where you lose things in your storage or inventory.
Especially when upgrading to the latest EAthena.

On a last note: Lay off the f*** periods. Use one and be done with it.

Kisuka

Quote from: Xeighter on Jan 31, 2009, 12:07 PM
Where did he say that there was a bug that dropped your cards?
All I see was that it vanished, no dropped. Same consequence, but the cause could be different.

And there are bugs as to where you lose things in your storage or inventory.
Especially when upgrading to the latest EAthena.
He told me in-game that it was in his inventory while walking in some dungeon then it "disappeared" apparently. The only bug that i can think of in eA trunk right now is the mail bug that doesnt send items to others all the time (messes up a lot, need to add the feature that aegis has that if it fails it returns to you (work T.T) ), other then that though, items don't just "disappear" from someone's inventory for no reason.

@topic: If he dropped the item, heres what happened:
a ) someone picked it up.
or
b ) it got wiped from RRO because after an amount of time on the ground, items disappear (thats on any server you go on, even official).

Xeighter

I'm just saying that someone is linking up two different possibilities and putting words in someone's mouth.

The bug didn't make him "drop" the item, he just said it disappeared [thus no drop-effect] which is possible and not at all outrageous.
Whether he is lying or not isn't what I'm trying to get at, but let's not shove false affairs in someone's throats and then use it to our advantage.

loving_nature

Hi Everyone, the members of RMS forum.....
I am here to clarify....
I am the owner of the lost GTB.......
I realized that the numbers of misunderstandings are increasing here in this topic....
let me clarify everything....
I play at Ragnarok Revolution.....

and what happened was like this:

I suddenly lost my GTB.......I dunno how.......
I just realized it after I came back from training at thor dungeon......and I couldn't find it everywhere....also in my kafra......
I was really upset and dunno what to do....it just happened so fast.....
and I started to tell my friends.....one of them said he once lost his card also....
that's when I became more curious of what happenned actually....
and that's when I asked for help to one GM who was online....
and he/she said, he/she could do nothing since she is lvl 60 GM....
and he/she told me that only Kisuka who is lvl 100 could find out......
and then I quickly sent a message via RagnarokRevolution Forum to Kisuka.....
waiting until the next morning and received no response, I wonder if I sent the message wrongly, then I sent again.......
the reason why I resent is because I want to make sure that he received it since I copied it to sent item box for this second time.......
later in the same day, Kisuka is online in the game, that's when I came to him and ask for his help...and he said he will help when he is free.....and hence I said: okay....I will wait......(this is the correct story, right Kisu? I dun add anything to it, right?)
after that 2 messages via forum and once pms in the game, I haven't contacted Kisu again...so I guess you mistook me for a wrong spammer, Kisu?

and the next day, I asked the same GM again....and after quite some sentences from him/her, this sentence was pmed to me:
'everyone could make a lie like that', which frankly speaking....really made me even more upset.....I dunno if you guys were at my position, will you guys feel the same? it's just....I lost my very precious thing...and I asked for help to the authorities.....
and yet that's the response....they don't believe me......as if I were a liar or the one who makes up a story.......quite disappointed....
okay...after I think of it for a while....I can understand......since it's quite unbelieveable when you hear someone saying that he lost his precious card and looks like asking for a new replacement.....if this kind of thing works, of course all liars could do the same.....
but now let me clarify....I do have the screenie of me having GTB before it was lost.....the screenie below is the proof.....
Shield of Deaf is a shield with GTB card inside.....I guess everyone knows that....

and then.....until my friend posted this here......then Kisu responded.....
and that's when I tried to revise incorrect information posted by my friend.....

Well, it's been almost 1 week.....
actually I does still wait for Kisu's help....
I just want to know what happened to that precious card of mine....
it just vanished before I realized, I really cannot think of a reason why it disappeared......
and what I am willing to ask Kisu is check it....and find out the truth....
I thought this is a normal response from a normal person when this kind of thing happen to him?
no? please give me advice if this action of mine is not reasonable.....
and Kisu......sorry if I have said anything wrong....
I just need to know what happened....I hope you are willing to help....and when you have time......
the screenie below is the proof.....

and for everyone:
sorry if there's something wrong with my post/my friend's
and it's also natural for a owner of a server to defend his server, right?
so please dun consider this topic as a big mess......ok?
Thank you for reading this long reply of mine.....Happy Ragnarok.....^_^

Zone

Still, there is no bug in the eAthena emulator that causes random items to disappear.
I'd go into details to further understand and assist the case, however, this is not RRO forums.

okay im removing the insults, can we try and play nice?

Descent

Quote from: JJJ on Jan 31, 2009, 05:39 PM
okay im removing the insults, can we try and play nice?

That was NOT an insult.

Fact of the matter is, this kid lost his GTB in some way, shape or form, and is now blaming Kisuka and putting a black mark on his server for his own stupidity.

If you people can't handle that, then I'm sorry. I really fail to understand how Zone's post stands and mine gets deleted.

={ i was too lazy to edit out the insult part okay? X3

Poki

JJJ, as a cyborg,  you're never allowed to be lazy.

loving_nature

@descent: please dun get it wrong my friend.....I never said something bad about RRO or put black mark on RRO as u said.....this thread started when my friend reviewed RRO....and there's my problem inside......
and I uploaded the picture bcoz they  couldn't believe....and to convince them that I did have gtb.......
I don't blame Kisuka......why should I? I am not a child anymore.....
I want to solve problems with wisdom...I found that this topic is becoming hotter.....
please know my friends.....I dun want to solve it by debatting in the forum or blackening someone.....

I am just in need of the truth of the incident happened to me....that's all......is willing to know also wrong?
I just asked for his help as a server owner....but from the replies from users in this forum,as if I were really a bad guy.....
is asking for help even wrong?
If yes.....ok then.....now I understand.....I will not say anymore things.....none of them also can change the situation or make situation better......
I hope no one will reply anymore.....I dun want to make things worse....everyone loves peace right? then why make things worse by pointing someone is wrong, or adding fuel to the fire?

Sorry for the problem caused.....on behalf of my friend, I would also like to apologize.....
thank you anyway for the opinions.....

Thinking

Oh my gosh....
things are getting worse here after 1 night......hahahaha.....
Sorry guys if I have made a mistake by reviewing here........

I didn't hv the intention to make u guys think bad about someone, hohohoho....
so.....
please stop giving bad comments to this topic...please?
and thanks anyway for reading my topic.....

Cielte

Can you two lay off the mass amount of periods? Somewhat makes it hard to read.

Pandora

Actually there is such a thing as lost packets sometime that can cause items to disappear, but it's really really rare and there has to be lag, in 3 years I've seen 2 such cases of items disappearing and not dropping anywhere.

As for annoying a gm via pm to recover it, meh to that... gm/admin can be busy, although if they did recover it for someone else in the past, it's usually expected that they should do it again (otherwise people call favouritism).
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Zone

Packet Loss is the user's end though, not caused by the server.
That's no bug, and I still don't see how it would take an item out of your account.
All files are stored on RRO via SQL, the server writes to itself what happens, the client is the GUI for the user input acceptable strings of data to the server. In that case, it would be caused by a wireless connections and a poor signal, while either equipping, dequipping, or transferring the item. While this person says he just disappeared out of no where.

If lag was the cause, the person would have said that. An item doesn't just sit there in your inventory and a packet gets sent to the server telling it to delete a specific item from your character. The only one who can do that is a GM with #/@delitem and still, why would a GM do that? That'd make issues for themselves.

I cannot believe that this item just up and disappeared from this individuals account without the circumstances this person has specified.