Ragnarok Travels

Started by LavosRT, Feb 04, 2021, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shagaru

No u shouldn't give out ur personal phone number for a private game server of any kind. And i don't think any server owner trustworthy enough to hold that information would ever ask for it.
I was on the TravelsRO Discord months before launch when it was only a couple of people. I still remember someone asking for information on the emulator used for TravelsRo considering the admin and that rather polarising rant he had on his homepage. He was banned for (baiting /hmm) after like 2 exchanges questioning him with valid points.
Even if that guy has the best intentions and i agree that having to provide ur phone number is in the least another barrier of entry for a (non-)issue (imo). I dipped that discord at light speed. Now after flying through some of nova's review today i am happy my assesment of character was right at the time and i dodged a potential massiv bullet.
But i get it someone that can be so abrasiv is quite polarising and attracts alot of sympathizers if their opinions overlap on certain topics.
I just hope this has a good ending for everyone that still enjoys their time there.

distilled1

Quote from: Catlaunch on Feb 12, 2021, 04:02 PM
The amount of stockholm syndrome in one singular server is amazing. Bue was right; it IS like a cult at times.
There's no need for people like you, Tenuguu, Bullet, or Bue to be jealous of people writing positive reviews for or defending the server they enjoy playing by calling them cultists or implying they're prisoners of their server.
Just find a server you like, and stop spreading such false negativity for no reason, or are you very upset that Travels is popular? Is it taking away numbers from your server or something?
Quote from: Catlaunch on Feb 12, 2021, 04:02 PM
Is this the excuse every Travels player makes when someone disagrees with them? I've seen this "you got banned LMAO" response more than 10 times when it comes to Ragnarok Travels in the Discord, the RMS forums, the RMS reviews, etc. It just comes off as you gaslighting people. Some people, like myself and others who tried Travels during release, disapprove of Travel's software and practices with security invasions like phone numbers. And sure, yeah, official e-mails and repeating passwords are a good way to leak your information. But you can make up spam e-mails and random password generators to bypass this so-called "problem". With phone numbers the most you can do is use a burner and hope for the best that it works. And if you need the phone number for your password to get reset, good luck explaining that to the admin.
Yeah that's because most of the people who spread negativity towards Ragnarok Travels have literally been banned. Of course they're going to be salty, and then shamed for being banned by legitimate players.
What do you expect? That's like the natural order of things involving sore losers and cheaters.

Check it out for yourself:
Quote from: Imperial Regalia on Dec 26, 2020, 05:22 AM
Spoiler

I haven't gotten a message from you, so I assuming this is concerning the original interaction. As you know, the purpose of account verification is such that there is only one account per person. My initial investigation into this revealed that there are three accounts associated with you (Bullet, Bullet2, and one account I will keep confidential as it differs from your forum handle) and they all have the same password hash, meaning all three have identical passwords. One was registered with an IP from the United States, one with an IP from Malayasia, and one with an IP from Singapore. Two of these three accounts have game accounts and the game accounts also have identical passwords according to the hashes. And, as you mentioned, the characters on one account spend time autofollowing and buffing the characters on the other account.

I don't mind revisiting anything, so you're free to contact me if you want to verify your story.
[close]

Quote from: Imperial Regalia on Dec 12, 2020, 07:13 AM
Spoiler

The poster above me goes by "Nee", and is someone who ragequit Discord because I wouldn't change firewall to be easier for him like it is on rAthena. He doesn't know how to use the skill, doesn't understand even the basics of how to vertical firewall, and demanded that I personally change it for him despite experienced players offering to help him. Yes, people like him actually exist. He even sent me multiple PMs asking me to change it because he told the guy that he played with that he was good at it.

I refused out of basic integrity and was very professional with him. Here is a gallery of him throwing a tantrum and stomping his feet when he didn't get his way. I wouldn't take him seriously as he does not seem right in the head, but frankly I wish him well. This is about all you need to know about how childish he is.

Also, it is clear that you're making things up because you didn't get your way, but try not to radically contradict yourself in the span of a paragraph.
[close]

Quote from: Imperial Regalia on Dec 08, 2020, 04:39 PM
Spoiler

Hi Nova/Atroce,

I understand that you're upset, but your messages on Discord were moderated for repeatedly breaking rules. Donations are voluntary, give no advantages, and ultimately it is childish and entitled for you to complain about what completely optional donations are set to. Just as it is equally childish for you to write a retaliatory review full of misleading information (there is no client delay, and we have some of the best network performance in the world) and manipulatively selected clips of conversations. Also, it is worth noting that almost every negative review we have on RMS is someone who was banned for multi-clienting/3rd party software. I'm quite proud of that.

Thank you for the free advertising.
[close]

Pretty sad, but also kinda funny.
How does that make fans of Travels "gaslighting people", or "cultists" or have "stockholm syndrome"?
There's nothing wrong with defending the server you like from irrational negativity directed towards it, or writing positive reviews for it.
Get bent if you think otherwise, or go to a website where you're not allowed to speak positively with a bunch of other negative sore losers.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

Buralabo

Stop falseflagging and changing the situation, it's embarrassing.
Quote from: distilled1 on Feb 12, 2021, 04:33 PM
There's no need for people like you, Tenuguu, Bullet, or Bue to be jealous of people writing positive reviews for or defending the server they enjoy playing by calling them cultists or implying they're prisoners of their server.
I am not jealous of people writing positive reviews. I'm simply referring to the facts: using your phone number for account verification is a slippery slope to many people. You can say it goes into a recycle bin after its use all you want, but you have no concrete evidence for this. It's all speculation done by the words of a person online.

QuoteJust find a server you like, and stop spreading such false negativity for no reason, or are you very upset that Travels is popular? Is it taking away numbers from your server or something?
I have found a server that I am content with, and that server has nothing to do with this thread. This is a thread about Ragnarok Travels, not Origins or Zero or Solace or whatever is popular. Why are you putting words into my mouth? I never said I was jealous of the numbers. Read above.

QuoteYeah that's because most of the people who spread negativity towards Ragnarok Travels have literally been banned. Of course they're going to be salty, and then shamed for being banned by legitimate players.
What do you expect? That's like the natural order of things involving sore losers and cheaters.
About that Nee situation, she is an acquaintance of mine. She used firewall correctly as shown in the video, but she misjudged how Fire Wall works in that server. Instead of being hitstunned for a second while running through all the fire, it walked without any stun, leading to her death. And before you claim it, no. I am not banned from Ragnarok Travels. I can provide a screenshot of my player if you'd like. And another point before you claim it; yes, I am aware undeads do not get pushed back with FW. I said hitstun. Just want to point this out because I am aware of Travels players in Reddit, Discord and RMS constantly pointing this out. It's simply an emulation error that he doesn't want to fix because it's been a bug(feature) for nearly two decades in official servers. So stop giving out false information about this case.

As for the Bullet scenario, there is no solid evidence and we have to take Lord J's (of all people) word for it. I'll stay cynical and take both sides for this as, again, there's no proof. All we have are a few sentences.

QuotePretty sad, but also kinda funny.
How does that make fans of Travels "gaslighting people", or "cultists" or have "stockholm syndrome"?
The stockholm syndrome part is just another way to phrase the server players being beaten up by their husband, activating stockholm syndrome. The gaslighting part is people s*** with replies like "you got banned didn't you?". It's such a cop-out way to get responses and helps neither the players or the reviewer.

QuoteGet bent
And you're now no better than them. f*** off.

distilled1

An "acquaintance" of yours eh? Who also just happens to be obsessed about the firewall "bug" like Tenuguu/Nee is, spamming about it all over reddit until getting your posts removed?
Yeah.. sure.. acquaintance. I believe you.

Buralabo

Believe what you want, but you must take your meds to function like a human being. I've been lurking around for months and decided to finally post. Take that however you want. I personally wouldn't care for Travels if you all didn't sound like cult members shilling your product. I could care less about Fire Wall as I never had a Mage above 50 in that server, hence why I never broke down how FW works in AEGIS, eAthena, Hercules, etc.

Not going to reply in this thread anymore. I don't think I'll ever change your mind on the matter, especially with that low-effort sh*t-post. Feel free to continue this with me in PMs.

distilled1

Quote from: Catlaunch on Feb 12, 2021, 05:17 PM
Spoiler

Believe what you want, but you must take your meds to function like a human being. I've been lurking around for months and decided to finally post. Take that however you want. I personally wouldn't care for Travels if you all didn't sound like cult members shilling your product. I could care less about Fire Wall as I never had a Mage above 50 in that server, hence why I never broke down how FW works in AEGIS, eAthena, Hercules, etc.

Not going to reply in this thread anymore. I don't think I'll ever change your mind on the matter, especially with that low-effort sh*t-post. Feel free to continue this with me in PMs.
[close]
Alright I've taken my meds(ate a snickers) and I apologize. I shouldn't just assume you're Nee/Tenuguu.
Please come back, and let us discuss the Travels some more. I haven't got time to play, but I do have time for discussion.

I'm not crazy about the the phone registration thing myself, but at the same time, I'm not turned off by it, and do not fear any risk because I only use my phone for calls/texts, and watching youtube.
I don't do banking or anything like that on it, so I could literally lose my phone on the street and not give a crap.
But because some people are turned off by phone registration, do you think it would best to get rid of it for the sake of a slightly higher population? Even if that means making it easier/more affordable to multi-client?
Without phone registration, people who buy a VPN and use multiple virtual machines or multiple laptops could multi-client (unless caught that is).
With phone registration, they would also have to pay for multiple phone numbers in order to make multiple accounts and multi-client.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who is interested in playing on Travels, but who chooses not to because of the phone registration thing.

Eiponpon

^ buddy stop pretending to be a different person. genuinely creepy. getting banned from travels is a hell of a drug

notice how you said you wouldnt reply anymore, but couldnt resist so you switched accounts rofl

neethree

Quote from: Eiponpon on Feb 13, 2021, 02:39 AM
^ buddy stop pretending to be a different person. genuinely creepy. getting banned from travels is a hell of a drug

notice how you said you wouldnt reply anymore, but couldnt resist so you switched accounts rofl
Never said I wouldn't reply anymore. It's kinda fun. Also haven't been banned from Travels.

If you want to think that I made an alt account 7 years ago, 6 months apart, just to have on standby to argue on the internet that's on you I guess.  Bue was right, y'all cultists. Or I guess I shouldn't say that in case you think I'm Bue next?  /heh

Feel free to report me if you're that firm in your belief because alt accounts on RMS are very much against the rules but you know, the admin will easily be able to see access patterns and locations. Makes me feel kinda fuzzy that you think I'm one big singular entity making alt accounts out to get you.
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

Eiponpon

your other account had 0 posts (in all 7 years) until it came into these threads to continue your very specific arguments. it even bumped a thread yesterday that you last replied to months ago. you are claiming it is your "friend" lol. the only person acting cult-like is you. imagine being so mad about your vendetta that you bump your old posts on other accounts when no one pays attention lol. getting banned from travels is a hell of a drug!

yC

Locking.  This has gone far from being a review.  User who value their privacy may choose what information they share with any online services they sign up for.  Let's just leave it at that.

Also locking https://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-discussion/travelsro-a-great-concept-with-awful-execution-and-a-worse-owner/ because obviously the 2 months old discussion got resurrected for reasons related to this topic.