Ragnagoats - 1/1/1 (An in-depth review)

Started by Aeroskye, Jul 22, 2023, 09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misterj

Quote from: Playtester on Aug 08, 2023, 07:19 AMIf Aegis used rand()%10000 that would be true
the GetServerRandom returns from [0, 20000] and that is later modded against 10000 to return a value [0,10000). 10000 is actually used (in later episodes) to mean failure (and they also  clamping drop rate bonuses from gum/pcbang to 9000)

Playtester

Quote from: misterj on Aug 09, 2023, 05:32 PMthe GetServerRandom returns from [0, 20000] and that is later modded against 10000 to return a value [0,10000).
That would mean the drop chance is actually 3/20001 (or 5/20001 if it's <=), doesn't it?

Aeroskye

Bump! Gefenia patch is here. It's actually been up for over 2 weeks.

Next patch is Trans Patch, tentatively mid November.

inKontroL

Is all this true? What are gms doing playing woes on their own server?

https://tinypic.host/image/PX2yE

https://tinypic.host/image/PX5u5

Wotan

- Some GM do play woe yes. (Not a secret)
- The MVP cards you mention have dropped.
- The hated 3rd guild, I am not sure to what it refers to. OP and LFP are the ones with full roster in woe (10 guildies limit in castle), other guilds don't have full roster and show up from times to times only.
- The farming is about what you can expect on x1.

inKontroL

We were going to enter a group of players to play woes, but knowing that there are mvps cards involved, we will go to another server, we cannot fight 1x against mvp cards.

Patashiva

Quote from: inKontroL on Sep 24, 2023, 11:30 AMIs all this true? What are gms doing playing woes on their own server?

To add to this and to some of what Wotan said above:
    • Neither OP nor LFP are elitist from what I can tell and I've had lots of interactions with players from both guilds so I don't know where this person from the screenshot gets that idea from. What may make them seem a little 'above' everyone else is the fact that both of these guilds have been around since Excel days and, as such, have a lot of high-level chars and good gear farmed already. No foul play going on, though.
    • I'm pretty sure I know who this third guild that was 'hated by everyone' is. I believe they have declared their intent to leave the server after one of their members got banned for dual clienting.
    • LFP does not have a GTB card. The GTB card belongs to a player who is currently not playing WoE/isn't affiliated with any existing WoE guild. OP does have and uses its Orc Hero card, though, as far as I'm aware.
    • It's actually not that hard to get into WoE if you know what you're doing. This server doesn't have the inflation patch applied so a lot of useful cards drop at increased rates, making it easier for new people/guilds to jump in. Other than that, yes, it very much is a 1x grind.
    • Regarding your comment "what are gms doing playing woe on their own server" - why should gms not be allowed to play on and enjoy their own server? Especially since it's 100% a charity project, it doesn't cost a dime to play there. At least they're open and upfront about it and don't try to hide in the shadows.

Wotan

Quote from: inKontroL on Sep 24, 2023, 03:49 PMWe were going to enter a group of players to play woes, but knowing that there are mvps cards involved, we will go to another server, we cannot fight 1x against mvp cards.

Then you need a server with them disabled completely because in any other server, x1 or not, you will have a few MVP cards around after just a couple of months.

Aeroskye

Quote from: inKontroL on Sep 24, 2023, 11:30 AMIs all this true? What are gms doing playing woes on their own server?

Let me guess, it's the BR players that are quitting, right? (for like the 3rd time)

I am guessing he's claiming he stomped the WoE for months? That's absolute BS. I played WoE on the server from September 2022 (not 100% when first woe was) to November and the guild he is claiming who stomped everything did not win a single WoE except 1. Delusion at its best.

After November my guild members (3-4 of them went on long breaks because of winter holidays, I personally went on a mountain expedition). That's when they started "stomping" guilds with their unfinished rosters.

Having said that, from what I hear, some of the people from these folks' guild had come asking for their accounts back from Excel transfer. If the server players were so hateful, why come back looking for your accounts? I can share screenshots of my interaction from one of the members here. These guys just spread misinformation. He clearly did not mention why they quit, because there was a "correction" of exp bug exploit that happened in Excel which they loved 99ing their chars on, and the staff took it away from them. The entire group is shady af. Love how they continue to stay around and spew poison despite this server being so "unfair".

Not to mention, a couple from their community from what I hear were caught using 3rd party programs and breaking rules and got banned. (Not sure if same guild). Then they started drama on discord which happens to be their modus operandi everywhere.

Salty peeps. If you don't like playing here, why stay. Yet they do. Funny ain't it?

Also, the major argument seems to be, that the old guilds are established so only play a new server. That way you'll always be hopping from server to server. If you come to an established server, you'll ofcourse find people who have spent long periods of time there.

Also P.S There's no server where GMs don't play. They just don't tell you. Why would someone start a server that is free to play, put hours of work into it without any monetization benefits and not even play. Here the staff is transparent about it, and people know their ingame chars too.

P.S. WoE rules are tweaked before every season depending on suggestions from existing WoE guilds. If you want to be able to partake in that process get your guild registered and become a WoE representative.

Aeroskye

Regarding mvp cards, it has been up for discussion a few times and none of the times have been there an overwhelming favour of banning it from the community in WoE maps.

If it does happen someday, I am sure community/staff decision will be adhered too.

The Orc Hero hasn't been here since forever anyway, it dropped last WoE season only. GTB is not under use.

Not to mention s*** on people for having MvP cards after they spent 8-10 months farming them at 1x rates is ridiculous.

Playtester

Quote from: Wotan on Sep 24, 2023, 05:28 PMThen you need a server with them disabled completely because in any other server, x1 or not, you will have a few MVP cards around after just a couple of months.
    I always thought putting the rate of MVP cards to 0.01% because "some of them break the game" was stupid, it just delays the inevitable.

I honestly would probably just rebalance them so they don't pose a problem even if they dropped. But I can see that removing the drops completely might probably cause the least drama.

notFeldu

Been playing this server for a good while now and the claims are just absurd. BR guild players (not all, but a handful) are sadly often caught resorting to 3rd party cheats like macros and dual clienting and when they get banned they cry about it in discord and claim GMs are against them.

As far as elitism is concerned, I have never experienced it. I am mostly play PvM here. I have interacted with a lot of LFP and OnlyPans and none of them seem to be elitist by any sort. I have partied with LFP members in multiple leveling parties. I have a friend in OnlyPans who helped me start off on the server and still helps me out when I need it.

Idk what this guy is talking about. Also GMs do play the server here, its well known and they're spread across different (often rival guilds). Some WoE & some don't. Every server has GMs playing in it, the only difference is they're not transparent.

Buralabo

Best server in the 2020s so far. I told myself I wouldn't play another 1x server after the disasters that were (new)retRO and Travels, but the few people I partied with on week 1 convinced me to stay longer than I expected. Four months later and I have three 90+ classes, a guild I can trust, a full active friend list, a small party-friendly server thanks to tapping mechanic (thank God for that, so tired of static party meta), and more geared characters than I ever had in any other low rate. Economy is also recovering pretty well now that more newer people are getting into farming/selling things. The small population can be daunting, but it really doesn't matter once you meet people as you level.

My only complaint is that we don't have enough Pure Forgers, but that might all change now that the new custom skill Inflation(9x9 50% exp bonus, costs 2.5k zeny, does not stack with Mr. Kim) was introduced last month. More info on their Custom Change page. I also believe they will revamp Auto Cast as well in the near future for anyone who is interested in Battle Sage builds.

If anyone is interested in the WoE scenario, I'm not sure exactly how to sell you on it since I only PvM, but here's some videos from the Discord.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2FgfsWluf4
    https://youtu.be/75AylpQ1e9Y

Also Rebirth patch is coming in one-ish week, then Christmas event (most likely EXP bonus, hats, and HP/SP consumables) two weeks after that.

Aeroskye

Bumping this as Ragnagoats has reached Trans episode this week!

OrcLordDaddy

Quote from: Buralabo on Nov 05, 2023, 10:21 PMEconomy is also recovering pretty well now that more newer people are getting into farming/selling things.

The small population can be daunting, but it really doesn't matter once you meet people as you level.

My only complaint is that we don't have enough Pure Forgers, but that might all change now that the new custom skill Inflation(9x9 50% exp bonus, costs 2.5k zeny, does not stack with Mr. Kim) was introduced last month. More info on their Custom Change page. I also believe they will revamp Auto Cast as well in the near future for anyone who is interested in Battle Sage builds.

Also Rebirth patch is coming in one-ish week, then Christmas event (most likely EXP bonus, hats, and HP/SP consumables) two weeks after that.

Sorry to butt in here, but imo it will never really take off as long as multi clienting is not allowed.

As nice of a server as this could have been, it's too much of a hassle to even do the most basic things like transfer items over to a Merchant just to vend.

Instead, now changes and skills are introduced that take it further away from being an authentic(~ish) classic server.

And I can tell you one thing, leveling a Pure Forger will absolutely be NO FUN with that Inflation skill.
    First of all you'd have to find a party that would be willing to take you in for that measly exp boost, which at the current population would be a miracle to find.
    Secondly, the cost on top of the time invested just to level it.
    Thirdly, no loot. Good luck on ever getting a valuable Card while leveling that Pure Forger. Noone will ever give you that Porcellio Card that just dropped.