Project Alfheim is p2w

Started by Kushiro, Jan 12, 2023, 01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushiro

I was trying this server because it has some interesting ideas and to try to be fair and not make this review revolve around what I personally find really distateful I will put in bullet points what I liked about the server or what I considered are the strong points in it that made me want to try it:

• While the server is custom and not entirely classic at least some of this customizations are well thought
  • You get some starting gear when you create your character and the early levels are made easier
  • They are going to buff the Taekwon, Ninja and Gunslinger jobs to make them on par with rebirth, they will give them a rebirth form
  • A lot of quality of life stuff like a bank or a warper with an actual well thought mechanic involved not just @warp that feels like cheating
  • While the server is x3 it has ways to increase exp gain by playing so it doesn't feel as painful to level up
  • There is a mechanic that was added that makes mobs drop some fruit that can be exchanged for some headgear or consumables like battle manuals or gym passes, it is really clever, it incentives people to play and makes it another goal to achieve while farming normally
  • Bosses are instanced to prevent griefing, you can even summon bosses with certain items, those bosses summoned don't drop cards and I think some of their drops are reduced but the normal ones are basically a competition in which every party gets their own instanced boss and whoever kills it first wins

Now the bad stuff:

• The server seems to be very powercreepy maybe even on renewal levels or zero levels
  • Some of the changes seem very imbalanced
  • There seems to be FOMO events and more on that later
  • The game isn't classic at all and to be fair it doesn't advertise as such but it does stray away a lot from Ragnarok classic imo so that is a bad on my list.
  • "Options" on gear are very bad for the economy and the overall feel of the game and adds another level or random crap on an already rng heavy game
  • Finally the point that made want to publish this review is that the game is P2W, and essentially works like this: there are donation costumes or loot boxes that contain costumes and said costumes can be sold for zenny to the players, which means that a person only has to slide their credit card and buy this stuff and sell it to players to essentially convert real money into zenny. If the costumes could not be traded this review wouldn't exist but I really can't stand all this servers that make money out of someone else property, you don't have the right to monetize this game, you don't own the rights, and I am tired of this people acting like they can just make money out of this game, private servers existed to provide a better experience than what warportal or gravity offered us which was full P2W crap servers infested with bots and tons of other problems and now the private servers do the same crap but is even worse because they don't own the property, I really can't stand this people anymore and on top of that this costumes seem to be filled with FOMO and they even dared to make loot boxes so you get the gambling addicts too, such scummy practices.
  • I am going to add that many of the toxic a****** from OriginsRO are on this server so if you liked OriginsRO but detested the politically correct, passive agressive cowards that plagued that server, deranged leftists, well too bad because they are there, and they are still the same hypocrite scumbags that unless you are part of their sect they immediately jump all over you making fake accusations and passive agressive attacks to then call an administrator to ban you, you have to play by their rules type of sectarians.

The typical gaslighting  to defend s*** P2W games is going to be spewed by the defenders of the server, the typical mental gymnastics that people with no shame use to defend P2W crap in games is going to be used, it is pointless because the fact remains:

You can convert real money into zenny, meaning someone with the money will pay to get ahead of others and it is even more scummy because the people buying will get a costume while this P2Winner will get real zenny advantage to be ahead of everyone else, this opens up many alleys for zenny buyers too, people do this on servers that is not allowed what do you think they are going to do on servers like this? They will obviously take advantage of this it's a no brainer, and this completely ruins the game, Ragnarok is a game about farming when someone can just slide their credit card and earns what he hasn't worked for in-game it kills the mood of the game it just isn't fair for all the people playing hours and hours to get their money when an rich a****** can just slide their card and make more than someone farming, it really defeats all the purpose of the game.

And that is my review of the game, P2W kills games.

If you think I am liying or the defenders of this practices appear and come with their attempts of minimizing the situation, you know damage control or downplaying the situation I'll leave you with some proof that this is not only common but it's very well known as truth in the server and it is not rare at all, tons of people actually do this and it is pretty lucrative:

EDIT:

One of the things you can use zenny for on this server is to basically guarantee drops at a certain amount of kills, so this means p2w people not only do they get more resources to work with they also have an edge on the amount of drops they can get because they can basically guarantee items dropping for them with zenny, this is a mechanic available to everybody but the p2winners will have an edge on using this mechanic because they can generate zenny faster by just sliding their credit cards:

EDIT:

The mental gymnastics of this people:

I'm going to add that I have received some criticism I think is fair : that expecting a pserver with better infrasctructure and customer support than officials is an idiocy, it would be if I really expected that, I know is unrealistic and I am not against the donations themselves I am against them giving an advantaje to people in game, which makes this whole thing more infurating to me because the devs KNOW what they are doing, they knew people were going to use this avenue to p2w and they knew they could cash in with this but then they have the balls to use a clear textbook example of a red herring fallacy saying: "we just sell cosmetics", yeah nice way to deviate the attention to the core of the issue which is people converting real money into zenny, which essentially at is core is zenny buying is legal on that server and it will be exploited not only to do the standard p2w crap but to actually sell stuff for real money, RMT are easier than ever on that server. I know pservers donations are ok but the moment they become a transaction in which is no longer a donation but an outright shop I have a problem, and more so when this directly translates into ingame advantage.

GBA

Aren't you the same person who joined the discord and got upset when people were counter-arguing your points so you went on a tirade and started posting gifs of people doing Olympics instead of talking formally and engaging in constructive conversation? Also if you're going to screenshot at least give the whole context of the situation/conversation (but since you got muted of course you'd probably want to vent about it on RMS) context: Project alfheim has Battlegrounds and instead of the usual BG gears that most people are formal with instead you can spend your tokens on gaining rare PvP/BG exclusive Costumes that take 3-4 hours of Battleground tokens depending on if you win or lose to obtain (hence the high cost of them) I respect you can have your opinion on the server but I can't stand people who leave stuff out of context intentionally

Nova

AlfheimRO is so pink and bubbly, when I entered their website and discord, it felt a bit like walking into the bedroom of a very girly teenage girl again, but without the excitement and anticipation. It was like I walked into a house made of pink bubblegum. It was so forcefully sweet, pink and bubbly wubbly that I turned 360 and just got out of there pretty much instantly without even trying the server out.

As for your point, idk if I would call that P2W as the costumes are purely cosmetic, right? It's more like...Hmmm...Pay2Skip maybe? Someone else can come up with a better name for it. But here's the thing, if you make cosmetic items account-bound, you're gonna get people who will complain about that. I can imagine some BR dude be like; "why u make this untradeable don't u know our brazilian pezos (or w/e coins they use) are only worth 1/100 of a dollar is too expensive wtf!!" or something along those lines. No offence btw, this could easily be someone from the PPNS as well, just giving an example. If you sell Flapping Angel Wings for $100 and someone like me buys it, no matter how hard they worked ingame, others wouldn't be able to get it and that's not cool either(for them). Having said that, I am in favour of untradeable cosmetic items if it helps with server costs and staff motivation. And if people complain about it, look the world isn't fair, suck it up.

I am not associated with NovaRO.

kaitosyn

I wanted to back you up, really. But the moment I read "you don't have the right to monetize this game", I feel like your logic doesn't make any sense. Yes, they don't have the right to monetize from other people property because it's >>>ILLEGAL<<<....but, don't you know playing in a private server even for 1 min or 1 sec, or even you downloaded the installer or join the server's community is also >>>ILLEGAL<<< ?
Basically you are the same as that server too.
If you think that server is s***, doesn't that means you are also a s*** too? Because I think both of the server and you doing the same thing that illegal, so....

The more civilized way to response your rant, do you know that opening a Private Server required some money to maintain (electricity bills, food etc) and I assume that server is also paying for the monthly fee VPS or if they have several GMs, I'm pretty sure they don't work for free also.

So, if they don't monetize this server, would you be kind enough to tell or teach us with your ungodly knowledge how to maintain the server without money?

charlielovesu

"I am going to add that many of the toxic a****** from OriginsRO are on this server so if you liked OriginsRO but detested the politically correct, passive agressive cowards that plagued that server, deranged leftists, well too bad because they are there, and they are still the same hypocrite scumbags that unless you are part of their sect they immediately jump all over you making fake accusations and passive agressive attacks to then call an administrator to ban you, you have to play by their rules type of sectarians."

deranged leftists, politically correct?

Ah yes, forgive me for banning hate speech and toxicity.

You must be the guy in discord who just went on the longest rant and instigated s*** earlier over and over when people told you to stop. If you think the server is pay to win, by all means don't play.

I don't give a f***. I never will care who plays or does not play my server. The server has a cash shop so it can fund itself and we can pay our devs what they are actually worth as well as buy anything else we need for the server in terms of custom sprites/maps, etc.

I could provide an entirely free product sure, but considering I am already putting in 8+ hours a days of work, and so is Ken (my co-owner and lead developer), I think its fair to have  a cosmetic only cash shop. (there is literally nothing else but costumes in there)

If you don't like it go play another server that doesn't have any cash shop. they exist. they don't have 1900 players like we do, but hey. You might like it more. And that's totally fine. No hard feelings. Like I said, I don't really give a f***.

Just find it amusing that your post makes it seem like we have some giga toxic community, but you call us deranged leftists as well. beautiful.

Kushiro

As you can see they don't deny they sell the costumes and keep insisting with the RED HERRING that this are only cosmetics but that isn't the point the point is: THAT YOU CAN SELL THEM FOR ZENNY ESSENTIALLY CONVERTING REAL MONEY INTO ZENNY, that is the real argument and the reality of the situation.

Kushiro

Quote from: kaitosyn on Jan 12, 2023, 09:46 AM
I wanted to back you up, really. But the moment I read "you don't have the right to monetize this game", I feel like your logic doesn't make any sense. Yes, they don't have the right to monetize from other people property because it's >>>ILLEGAL<<<....but, don't you know playing in a private server even for 1 min or 1 sec, or even you downloaded the installer or join the server's community is also >>>ILLEGAL<<< ?
Basically you are the same as that server too.
If you think that server is s***, doesn't that means you are also a s*** too? Because I think both of the server and you doing the same thing that illegal, so....

The more civilized way to response your rant, do you know that opening a Private Server required some money to maintain (electricity bills, food etc) and I assume that server is also paying for the monthly fee VPS or if they have several GMs, I'm pretty sure they don't work for free also.

So, if they don't monetize this server, would you be kind enough to tell or teach us with your ungodly knowledge how to maintain the server without money?

False equivalency, it's not the same to play on a pirate server than to actually make the server and even benefit economically from private property, is not remotely on the same level, never in history a company has sued anyone for playing on a pirate server they sue the ones providing the pirate service and more so if they are gaining an economical benefit from it.

Kushiro

Quote from: Nova on Jan 12, 2023, 09:24 AM

As for your point, idk if I would call that P2W as the costumes are purely cosmetic, right? It's more like...Hmmm...Pay2Skip maybe? Someone else can come up with a better name for it. But here's the thing, if you make cosmetic items account-bound, you're gonna get people who will complain about that. I can imagine some BR dude be like; "why u make this untradeable don't u know our brazilian pezos (or w/e coins they use) are only worth 1/100 of a dollar is too expensive wtf!!" or something along those lines. No offence btw, this could easily be someone from the PPNS as well, just giving an example. If you sell Flapping Angel Wings for $100 and someone like me buys it, no matter how hard they worked ingame, others wouldn't be able to get it and that's not cool either(for them). Having said that, I am in favour of untradeable cosmetic items if it helps with server costs and staff motivation. And if people complain about it, look the world isn't fair, suck it up.

Stop with the crap dude, stop the gaslighting and the s***, you know this is p2w stop trying to downplay the situation, the point is anyone can outright convert real money into zenny that is the point and guess what? PEOPLE ARE DOING IT as shown in the screenshots I posted it, if people can tolerate that fine, thats their call but stop downplaying it and all this gaslighting that always come from people defending p2w trash, at least be honest about it because what it is more infuriationg about this p2w situations is not even that is p2w but the fact that they pretend it isn't and all the gaslighting that comes with it. If you are making a p2w server or if you are playing on one at least have the balls to admit it at least be honest about it and if people decide to play there even after someone explained the p2w it's their right to do so but dishonesty and gaslighting is worse than the act of p2w itself.

Nova

Buddy chill, I'm just saying. I play on a non-donation server maybe you should join us there. Or did you actually start playing there without knowing they sell tradeable costumes?

Kushiro

Quote from: Nova on Jan 12, 2023, 11:41 AM
Buddy chill, I'm just saying. I play on a non-donation server maybe you should join us there. Or did you actually start playing there without knowing they sell tradeable costumes?

What servers that are actually good that don't have this p2w crap exist right now?

No, I was fully aware you can buy costumes, you see that is exactly the problem, they advertise themselves as a non p2w server but they are, they just use a red herring fallacy saying: we aren't p2w we just sell cosmetics in our cash shop but they completely not tell you that people buying those costumes can and are selling them ingame for zenny which is 100% p2w.

Nova

Payon Stories. They have legit 500 players online with only single client allowed. 1x without donations.

Kushiro

Quote from: Nova on Jan 12, 2023, 11:51 AM
Payon Stories. They have legit 500 players online with only single client allowed. 1x without donations.

Isn't that OathRo? the one that just destroyed all the people data and expects them to relevel from zero all over again?, I'm sorry but I don't trust my time to a server that has a history of just killing people time investment like that, besides its x1 server, not playing x1 server again period and precisely because all the x1 servers that have existed all have wasted the people time investment, all have closed or done crap s***, no thanks my time is valuable and a resource I can't get back.

Nova

In that case if you value your time you can join Hustlers University where you can learn 8 ways of modern wealth creation methods for only $50 a month. And get big and strong while you're at it.

kaitosyn

Quote from: Kushiro on Jan 12, 2023, 11:18 AM
False equivalency, it's not the same to play on a pirate server than to actually make the server and even benefit economically from private property, is not remotely on the same level, never in history a company has sued anyone for playing on a pirate server they sue the ones providing the pirate service and more so if they are gaining an economical benefit from it.

It really just a simple way to think....You use money from a robber that just rob a bank with the knowledge about where that money coming from, the cops won't arrest you? :D Even your existence (including all of us) right now in this forum can be counted as illegal. The moment we make an account in here or private server while we also know and understand that this forum right now provide PS info and the server you join provide illegal service is already make us a criminal and make us in the same shoes as those private server owner, while the difference is we enjoy illegal service and the PS owner enjoy our donation money. So what you wrote about "They don't have the right to monetize blablabla" kinda HYPOCRITE, don't you think?

With the way you think about stuff, for some reason I can feel like you still a youngster with short fuse. I hope I am wrong because this game is kinda old, and is kinda rare to see youngster nowadays play it.

Kushiro

Quote from: kaitosyn on Jan 12, 2023, 12:27 PM
It really just a simple way to think....You use money from a robber that just rob a bank with the knowledge about where that money coming from, the cops won't arrest you? :D Even your existence (including all of us) right now in this forum can be counted as illegal. The moment we make an account in here or private server while we also know and understand that this forum right now provide PS info and the server you join provide illegal service is already make us a criminal and make us in the same shoes as those private server owner, while the difference is we enjoy illegal service and the PS owner enjoy our donation money. So what you wrote about "They don't have the right to monetize blablabla" kinda HYPOCRITE, don't you think?

With the way you think about stuff, for some reason I can feel like you still a youngster with short fuse. I hope I am wrong because this game is kinda old, and is kinda rare to see youngster nowadays play it.

You keep going with your false equivalencies the logic will still not compute, people that play pirate servers aren't criminals, the people that PROVIDE the service and on top of that benefit economicaly from it aren't even criminals themselves, they ARE subject to legal action depending on the country but if you are equating this to an actual robbery and actual criminal acts that often are tied to violence then you are a retard.