PhaseRO

Started by Dean Stark, Mar 29, 2009, 09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean Stark

This is my very first review so pardon me if I do anything wrong. Now let's get started:

PhaseRO is a 10/10/10 server. It started at late December 2008 and was run by Legacy's owner, Itakou. However, both Itakou and Lilian left just recently and the server is now run by two admins, Teyla and Sirius_White - who were also working with Itakou.  So far, they have done a great job running the server.

SERVER:
Stability - 7/10
- The server rarely lags due to connections however, the biggest problem w/ this server's stability is the horrible POSITION LAG. It has screwed a lot of players including myself. Other than that, it doesn't lag at all.

Availability - 9/10
- Often available; only down for updates and maintenance. Speaking of updates, the server gets updated often, sometimes even 4-5 times a month.

COMMUNITY:
Friendliness - 1/10
- I can say that there are a bunch of friendly people in this server (but that's according to me). There is a #main channel and the server automatically logs you in the channel. It's a good start to find some people to talk to but if you need help and such, sometimes they ignore you. Main is currently taken over by PINOYS who think that their race is way better than others by spamming "pinoys are the best" or other crap. Troll more often than not.

Eventfulness - 8/10
- So far during my time here, there have been several events including the Valentines Event and the St. Patrick Event.

GM's:
Availability - 5/10
- Usually during the past month, there are 2 or more GM's online. Nowadays, it's kinda hard to catch one online.

Friendlyness - 7/10
- No corruption, no signs of being biased, and approachable (as long as they aren't AFK or busy). You can report to them via Support Ticket at the forums. The reason why I rated this 7 is cause it's in relation w/ their availability.

Professionalism (idk if this is a category, lol) - 9/10
- They do a perfect job in maintaining the server. They fix bugs as soon as possible, keep the server as updated as possible, maintaining their rules, and more. The only complaint i have is that they haven't fixed the position lag.

GAMEPLAY:
Economy - 7/10
- You can find a huge number of autotraders in Prontera. This server has an average of 300 players online (including autotraders) and
I can say that 40% of them are autotraders.

Balance - 10/10 (for now)
- Unlike the past servers I've been in, this server ISN'T overrun with SinX's and Champs. There are NO OP donations; although there are donation items they can be obtained ingame as well. PvP rooms are usually empty but if they're not, various classes come in - meaning no ego boosted noob SinX/Champ.

Guild Competition - NA
- I haven't WoE'd on this server yet. All I can say here is that there are two major WoE guilds but there are other guilds who are competitive as well.

From what I can see, this server has the potential to be a great low rate server. The only problem is that the population is quite low. There are customs and such but most of them are for looks and are not OP. The server has a Healer, Job Changer, Town/Dungeon Warper, Tool Dealer in all towns, and a Stat/Skill resetter. Platinum Skills are given as soon as you change to your job of choice. Speaking of resetting, the prices are reasonable: for first jobs, 45k for stats or skills; for second jobs, 185k for stats or skills; and for trans jobs, a wooping 385k for stats or skills.

If you're interested, why not give this server a shot? You can find me ingame as well - I'm using the same name.  :)

Littlechan

what's position lag?

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

ChemicalW

I think it has something to do with clicking a certain cell and it takes a few seconds to move there.

as far as i know its sort of a lag were you think your here, but actually your over there and you just don't realize it cause your lagging ^^;

sounds..... weird... Dx

Chexmix

caramel

Quote from: Chexmix on Mar 30, 2009, 09:01 AM
Quote from: Littlechan on Mar 30, 2009, 04:52 AM
what's position lag?

Worst kind of lag ever

I usually see it get exploited alot too. :/

Descent

Position Lag: A form of "lagging" that occurs when the Client and Server "de-sync", causing a delay while they force themselves to sync back up. The result is a "jump" of on-screen sprites and data, such as clicking a Poring, and then your Client Freezing...in roughly 3 seconds, the Poring is dead and you are surrounded by loot.

Dean Stark

Yes, such an annoying jump. As in you see a banshee a mile away then it starts Blood Stiking you then the next second, that same banshee magically appears next to you and you die.

Orange

I played this server for about 2 weeks, then gave up cause i would safety wall myself then get smacked, and die, and then be a few cells away from my SW for no apparent reason(I'd be in it being smacked from 1 cell away on my screen), and never saw a GM
:3

Dean Stark

Position lag i tell ya...
Posted on: Apr 03, 2009, 09:24 pm
Updated review.