OathRO - A fresh 1x server with cool rebalancing and qol features. [Episodic]

Started by Nova, Oct 11, 2021, 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raïner

Well well well well well well well well /heh

Oathkeeper, didnt keep his oath. What tarnation /gg

Its funny how he tried to shield his friendly cricket nation with saint Jungle right by his side. Kinda funny how it backfired against him.

I guess now people can truly call out how Aesir ruined OathRO  /wah

Ayahuasca

And Oath goes down as the only server owner worse than Lord J.

I can't speak the evils I think about this guy publicly on this forum.

Prussian

Honestly, I can't blame the guy too much, he was getting death threats towards him and his family, and there's only so much someone can take before breaking...

But yeah, kind of a bummer that things went the way that they did. I myself didn't play for that long on OathRO but didn't leave the server with a negative opinion of it, it was a fun twist on the game and was the work of passion of a lot of volunteers, and it clearly payed off looking at the population numbers it had achieved. It's sad to see a low rate server who a lot of people spent their precious time and effort into disappear because of a last minute, in the heat of the moment, decision.

It's a sad day for a lot of people, wish things hadn't gone the way that they did.  /...

Ayahuasca

Quote from: Prussian on Dec 09, 2022, 11:26 AM
Honestly, I can't blame the guy too much, he was getting death threats towards him and his family, and there's only so much someone can take before breaking...

He had already left. Nuking the server was out of pure unmitigated spite.

Herpderp

Quote from: Prussian on Dec 09, 2022, 11:26 AM

You swallowed their gaslight narrative hook line and sinker. Good job!  /no1
Yeah it's not the corrupt admins fault for being corrupt, it's the community's fault for "making" him corrupt.  /heh

To be honest, I think their attempts to shift the blame to the players is actually crazier than the corruption itself.
The funniest thing is that even with this gaslighting, damage control attempt by the staff to frame Oathkeeper as the "victim" and the community as the "offenders", he STILL stabbed his Staff in the back and deleted the entire server out of spite when they intended to continue running it without him.  /ok

Prussian

I'm not trying to defend his actions, I'm just trying to say that him stepping down was justified and expected /wah

But yeah the way things were handled were inexcusable, especially him backing out of the ownership transfer last second and nuking everything...

Well I'm an outsider and this is the way that I see things from the little pieces of information that I've been fed, I could and most likely am wrong about a lot of things please don't kill me  /wah /heh

Sairek Ceareste

Quote from: Herpderp on Dec 09, 2022, 11:52 AM
You swallowed their gaslight narrative hook line and sinker. Good job!  /no1
Yeah it's not the corrupt admins fault for being corrupt, it's the community's fault for "making" him corrupt.  /heh

To be honest, I think their attempts to shift the blame to the players is actually crazier than the corruption itself.
The funniest thing is that even with this gaslighting, damage control attempt by the staff to frame Oathkeeper as the "victim" and the community as the "offenders", he STILL stabbed his Staff in the back and deleted the entire server out of spite when they intended to continue running it without him.  /ok

I will say I have my own personal opinions on the matter irrespective of that announcement from yesterday.
Well, pretty much all of my feelings on the situation I already posted in the announcement today. I felt like I was stabbed in the back once already, but now it's twice within 30 hours from each other.

I'm still holding completely judgment until I get an explanation from him, if I ever get one, though eternal silence can be considered an answer too. Either way, I'm hurting.

To all of the players, thank you for joining the server that I helped to build. I'm sorry it ended like this. I would have kept it going. I was ready to keep it going and to help Dastgir transition despite my building health issues. Unfortunately the thing I helped build was ripped from me, without my opinion, my desires and wishes being considered, and without consideration from the 4,750 people we had on the Discord server. It was an extremely selfish act by him. I'm so sorry there was nothing I can do to prevent this. I poured every single day for the past 14 months of the server, barring some days like when I was hit by a hurricane, or the day my grandfather died, or the pain from my health was just too much to even operate. I did it all for free because I wanted it to be the best experience it possibly could be and to show my love for the game. I know I wasn't perfect, but I genuinely tried my best to be as fair and transparent with everyone. I'm sorry it was all ripped away from everyone in such a sordid act and that I cannot share the labour we worked on out of passion with people any longer.

Building a genuinely good server is not something you can do alone. It's a team effort that requires patience and pacing yourself. I wish Oathkeeper could have seen that sooner and stepped back more instead of trying to burden it all until it drove him to be hospitalized from stress and then burn everything to the ground. That kind of burnout wasn't due to any drama in the server. It was happening regardless of that. The drama didn't help of course, but it wasn't the main problem. He is ultimately the one that controls how much workload he manages and I would have just preferred that he just closed the server instead of burning every single thing; the server, all the work and I suppose, now my friendship with him. Even if I hear him out and forgave him, it don't believe it will be the same.

Quote from: Prussian on Dec 09, 2022, 12:00 PM
I'm not trying to defend his actions, I'm just trying to say that him stepping down was justified and expected /wah

But yeah the way things were handled were inexcusable, especially him backing out of the ownership transfer last second and nuking everything...

Well I'm an outsider and this is the way that I see things from the little pieces of information that I've been fed, I could and most likely am wrong about a lot of things please don't kill me  /wah /heh

The owner/my friend decided to create a scandal as an excuse to rage quit the server, us staff found out after other people tipped us off and we investigated. He couldn't erase the logs, we found out, he came clean that he created a super uber wizard to create drama with. Stepped down from the server, transferred ownership along with promises to transfer other things, decided to do scorched earth by burning everything to the ground anyways about 16ish hours later. Only thing that could be salvaged was some custom code and maps. Host server is gone. Back-up server is gone. Test server is gone. RMS listing is gone. Website is gone. Control panel is gone. All data is gone. Server is gone.

Raïner

Quote from: Sairek Ceareste on Dec 09, 2022, 12:18 PM

I will say I have my own personal opinions on the matter irrespective of that announcement from yesterday.
Well, pretty much all of my feelings on the situation I already posted in the announcement today. I felt like I was stabbed in the back once already, but now it's twice within 30 hours from each other.

I'm still holding completely judgment until I get an explanation from him, if I ever get one, though eternal silence can be considered an answer too. Either way, I'm hurting.

To all of the players, thank you for joining the server that I helped to build. I'm sorry it ended like this. I would have kept it going. I was ready to keep it going and to help Dastgir transition despite my building health issues. Unfortunately the thing I helped build was ripped from me, without my opinion, my desires and wishes being considered, and without consideration from the 4,750 people we had on the Discord server. It was an extremely selfish act by him. I'm so sorry there was nothing I can do to prevent this. I poured every single day for the past 14 months of the server, barring some days like when I was hit by a hurricane, or the day my grandfather died, or the pain from my health was just too much to even operate. I did it all for free because I wanted it to be the best experience it possibly could be and to show my love for the game. I know I wasn't perfect, but I genuinely tried my best to be as fair and transparent with everyone. I'm sorry it was all ripped away from everyone in such a sordid act and that I cannot share the labour we worked on out of passion with people any longer.

Building a genuinely good server is not something you can do alone. It's a team effort that requires patience and pacing yourself. I wish Oathkeeper could have seen that sooner and stepped back more instead of trying to burden it all until it drove him to be hospitalized from stress and then burn everything to the ground. That kind of burnout wasn't due to any drama in the server. It was happening regardless of that. The drama didn't help of course, but it wasn't the main problem. He is ultimately the one that controls how much workload he manages and I would have just preferred that he just closed the server instead of burning every single thing; the server, all the work and I suppose, now my friendship with him. Even if I hear him out and forgave him, it don't believe it will be the same.

The owner/my friend decided to create a scandal as an excuse to rage quit the server, us staff found out after other people tipped us off and we investigated. He couldn't erase the logs, we found out, he came clean that he created a super uber wizard to create drama with. Stepped down from the server, transferred ownership along with promises to transfer other things, decided to do scorched earth by burning everything to the ground anyways about 16ish hours later. Only thing that could be salvaged was some custom code and maps. Host server is gone. Back-up server is gone. Test server is gone. RMS listing is gone. Website is gone. Control panel is gone. All data is gone. Server is gone.

Just trying to perceive things based on solely, my information my dude.
Sorry to be frankly honest with you, but if your friend decided not to help you out when youre in the lowest form ( By this i mean financially helping you out ), but instead letting you go pledge for help and donations from the players just so you can financially recover from unexpected events, hes not your friend ( Assuming he was still financially stable at that time ). As a friend, i wouldnt let you post your personal information to the internet, as its free information for the baddies to take even more advantages out of your unexpected events ( Assuming your position as CM, u already got the bad end of it, blackmails and death threats with your address and info ). The things that i would do, is to refrain you from posting your personal information, and helping you either by: Emotional support or financial support, which im guessing he never did (?)
Just letting you know, for you to get better and move on

Prussian

Quote from: Sairek Ceareste on Dec 09, 2022, 12:18 PM

If you don't mind me asking, has there been any kind of response from Oathkeeper after the server was wiped?

Sairek Ceareste

Quote from: felixvu on Dec 09, 2022, 12:40 PM
Just trying to perceive things based on solely, my information my dude.
Sorry to be frankly honest with you, but if your friend decided not to help you out when youre in the lowest form ( By this i mean financially helping you out ), but instead letting you go pledge for help and donations from the players just so you can financially recover from unexpected events, hes not your friend ( Assuming he was still financially stable at that time ). As a friend, i wouldnt let you post your personal information to the internet, as its free information for the baddies to take even more advantages out of your unexpected events ( Assuming your position as CM, u already got the bad end of it, blackmails and death threats with your address and info ). The things that i would do, is to refrain you from posting your personal information, and helping you either by: Emotional support or financial support, which im guessing he never did (?)
Just letting you know, for you to get better and move on

He did let me post that donation link when I got slapped with the tornado which he didn't have to do. While the money wasn't enough to keep me stable or comfortable, it helped save my family from going homeless.
There's been other problems too that I don't quite want to get into, like the situation of my mother's mental/physical health. 2022 hasn't pulled its punches against me, but I don't like to complain about it or talk about it because I know I'm not the only one in the world who has issues, and then some people have it worst, like what's happened in Ukraine. There's other times he has given me gifts too -- although I don't like looking at friendships as a strictly transactional sense. Had I the money, I would give friends gifts, too or help them with monetary needs -- though I fear my trust in who I would give things to now will remain tarnished for a very long time because of this. This is someone who I've known for nearly a decade by this point and not one in my opinion have I seen him capable of something like this. I've been completely blind-sided. I can only speculate because I'm still hoping for a response back and am hoping I'm not part of the bridge he's burning.

He gave me $300 last night when he resigned from the server, though I'm not even sure how to feel about that right now. $300 for 14 months of the server isn't exactly reasonable wage, but I never did do it for the money. I had been asking to get paid for the past couple months (not demanding it, but it'd be nice to), because money is still extremely tight, but I would have continued working on the server regardless, just at limited capacity. Not being able to eat every day limits how much you can do, and I guess unlike him, I know my limits a fair bit better. More money would mean I would have been able to help more, better, alleviate more stress, sort of make it a psuedo "full-time-job" until I could secure proper income and then I wouldn't have even cared if the money stopped rolling in. I just wanted to be able to do more for him and I knew he was overworking himself too hard.
Maybe it was too greedy of me or maybe I expected too much? I just thought it could be salvaged if we reorganized a bit and made some critical changes to help alleviate the stress and workload and to allow him to live a healthier lifestyle.

Quote from: Prussian on Dec 09, 2022, 01:01 PM
If you don't mind me asking, has there been any kind of response from Oathkeeper after the server was wiped?

Nothing.

Edit: He charged back on me, so no $300 either.

Blinzer

i can't make out anything from this situation but on a surface level it seems like this oathkeeper person was a pretty cool guy not sure why he went maverick

maybe the ragnarok mafia got him

Sairek Ceareste

He's charged back me and the rest of the staff.

I'm honestly speechless and don't know what to say. I'm not blocked but he's still not responding to me.

I guess you were right Rainer. I don't even know anymore.

Sairek Ceareste

Quote from: Klungoko on Dec 09, 2022, 02:30 PM
KARMA for what you guys did to TravelsRO

What did we do to TravelsRO? Lord J was the one who made and purchased sock puppet accounts for fake reviews and mass vote manipulation, not any of us.

All I condemned, in my own personal opinion as a person, and not as a community manager on a different server, is an admin lying and deceiving people. And when Oathkeeper did that to his own server, I condemned that too all the same.

Klungoko

KARMA for what you people did to TravelsRO

• The server catered towards a few guys calling the shots
  • The administrator and GM's acted with a morality superiority complex
  • With that attitude they were the main force behind the dogpiling against TravelsRO an actual good server and promised their fanatics they would NEVER do anything wrong
  • They allowed a****** like REBORN and the a****** that play with him to play on their server, this is the second server I know it dies after they move into it, first one was RetRO and they were one of the minorous bug exploiters there, they exploited everything they could exploit on RetRO, they should have never allowed them to play there, hands down the most toxic a****** in the RO community
  • They bragged constantly abou being the number one server pouring more salt into the injury
  • Turns out the admin and owner of the server is not special at all and cheats on his own server and then deletes the server out of spite for being caught
  • OathRO is no more, completely deslisted

It is litteral KARMA.

Sairek Ceareste

Quote from: Klungoko on Dec 09, 2022, 02:58 PM
It is already explained on the quote, they dogpiled onto the server constantly, them and their minions constantly attacking the server and the people that played on Travels all with this high horse attitude where they behaved as the arbiters of truth and morality LMAO, then after the fact constantly bragged about being the best server, being number one on the listings and they kept pouring salt on the injuy, they kept using TravelsRO as a means to put themselves above and showing how much moral superiority they had over LordJ etc.

LMAO its KARMA

But to be fair not only provoked by them alone, all the Travels Haters brought this into themselves, there goes your perfect server with perfect administrators down the drain.

Uh... no?

TravelsRO kept making fake negative reviews for OathRO (not too many, like, 4 or 5), and I posted on my opinion, and I said I hope we never become like Lord J.

The last bit apparently didn't age well, because Oathkeeper is acting far worse than J, chargebacking all of his staff like this and not even saying anything; and that almost directly after saying he'd pass the reins to everyone else and paying them in the first place.

If you think me just saying my opinion on Reddit and here and on the Discord server that server owners shouldn't abuse their players and deceive them is karma and shouldn't be doing vote manipulation and making sock puppet accounts is justified "karma" then I honestly don't know what to tell you.