RateMyServer.Net > Server Reviews

OathRO - A fresh 1x server with cool rebalancing and qol features. [Episodic]

<< < (6/9) > >>

Celesss:
I guess I just don't like to be forced to beg for help from others but I can see that some people have a lot of friends on speed dial who are willing to help them.

You absolutely need AB to farm at a higher level if you're farming anything above a low level mob, I can't really think of a class that doesn't need this unless you're a wildly geared. You kind of proved my point again by saying if you have this wildly overupgraded overcarded bow with the correct arrows you won't need it, but the reality is a newer player like myself who hasn't got a guild or an endless line of friends to back them up won't have access to that OR AB buffs, and it makes farming very difficult.

It's great to think that there will be someone to always help but the reality is that's not the case. The new player experience for going at it alone is very hard and punishing here and it feels bad.

Shuchou:

--- Quote from: Celesss on Jun 30, 2022, 12:28 pm ---I guess I just don't like to be forced to beg for help from others but I can see that some people have a lot of friends on speed dial who are willing to help them.

You absolutely need AB to farm at a higher level if you're farming anything above a low level mob, I can't really think of a class that doesn't need this unless you're a wildly geared. You kind of proved my point again by saying if you have this wildly overupgraded overcarded bow with the correct arrows you won't need it, but the reality is a newer player like myself who hasn't got a guild or an endless line of friends to back them up won't have access to that OR AB buffs, and it makes farming very difficult.

It's great to think that there will be someone to always help but the reality is that's not the case. The new player experience for going at it alone is very hard and punishing here and it feels bad.

--- End quote ---

Archer skeletons are level 31 in pay_dun01 not hard to get plus normally sells for about 500k each after a servers been alive for a few months. GC saders with npc gear and one andre card in the Haedonggum [1] can farm Raydric and Khalitzburg pretty easily at level 75+ both being a higher end mob. A hunter with nothing but a hunter bow[NPC] and fire arrows can farm Stings for glove[1] at level 60+, a knight with poo poo hat, thara card, and 3 orc lady cards can start leveling on high orcs at level 75+. A priest with nothing but a rod can farm evil druids and wraiths for their drops, there is plenty of good farming areas for npc to naked characters to farm to make some zeny on a server.

Now if you are talking about Thanatos Tower, Abyss Lakes, Niff where they were meant for geared up end game or party play of course you're not going to solo them anytime soon with a mind set you have. The buff heal NPC is better off left on 20x+ servers where you really never need to join a party in the first place. OathRO is great without such game unbalancing add ons. If you are living off having AB all the time you are honestly farming/grinding slower then a person that stays in the area the whole time unbuffed. As the 2-3 seconds you gain per 20kills is wasted getting rebuffed, so honestly only real need to be buffed is during party play against end game mobs[where you need the "over upgraded over carded gear"  /heh] not the remaining 90% of the game.

Playtester:
I'm also against buffer NPCs. The whole reason to disallow multiclienting is to make people actually want to party up with priests and other support classes rather than just making slaves themselves. And I prefer granting Agi and Bless is left to the people who decided to main a Priest.

Gravi_:
I've been playing MR / HR all my life so switching to OathRO was tough but I don't regret it! OahtRO is great, everything is wonderful. It feels like I'm playing a brand new game. The community is very nice, people taught me how to party, nobody was mad at me. Whenever I ask for something, I get a detailed answer. The administration is very active and helpful. It's great that the server is not P2W at all. I feel great satisfaction playing on this server. I have not noticed any lags so far, I play on EU proxy. To all those who are looking for a server for these difficult times, I highly recommend OathRO.

plarr:
 /omg

for attraction rating, I love the lowered rates, I play on those servers quite often and because of the fact that there will be transcended class I would sign up. People kind of like the grind i feel like when you find 20+ people trying to kill sleepers, so I wanna download the game just for that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version