RateMyServer.Net > Server Reviews

OathRO - A fresh 1x server with cool rebalancing and qol features. [Episodic]

<< < (5/6) > >>

Oathkeeper:

--- Quote from: Celesss on Jun 28, 2022, 08:48 am ---Closing Thoughts
I really like the server, I think the new player experience could use some work and I definitely think Inn Buffs (30 Minute AB) would allow for soloists to still play the server due to the dual-client ban, but I don't solo much so it doesn't bother me. Overall if you like party content, like WoE, want a pretty fresh server with lots of QoL and balance changes, I can't recommend it enough.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for all of your feedback, we will try to review some of the things you said about solo play and see what we can do to make the experience more enjoyable.

Kompinho:

--- Quote from: Celesss on Jun 28, 2022, 08:48 am ---Inn Buffs (30 Minute AB)
--- End quote ---

I think this is a terrible idea against support mains on a no-multi server, I know RO is painful to play without AB /gg but 30 minutes is definitely overkill, maybe a daily 30 minutes would be "fair".

Celesss:

--- Quote from: Kompinho on Jun 29, 2022, 09:50 am ---I think this is a terrible idea against support mains on a no-multi server, I know RO is painful to play without AB /gg but 30 minutes is definitely overkill, maybe a daily 30 minutes would be "fair".

--- End quote ---

You sorta proved my point here with why it would be necessary for solo play. Priests and other supports will always have a place, but you will no longer have to beg a priest to come along with you just to reasonably farm. Even doing small farming like Giearths for Elven Ears or Creamys for Creamy Card is incredibly unfun without AB and you can't just beg a Priest to come along with you to do that, nobody will be willing.

Shuchou:

--- Quote from: Celesss on Jun 29, 2022, 01:36 pm ---You sorta proved my point here with why it would be necessary for solo play. Priests and other supports will always have a place, but you will no longer have to beg a priest to come along with you just to reasonably farm. Even doing small farming like Giearths for Elven Ears or Creamys for Creamy Card is incredibly unfun without AB and you can't just beg a Priest to come along with you to do that, nobody will be willing.

--- End quote ---

I mean sure if you are farming naked with an npc weapon it will take much longer but if you have a +9 comp with 4 Archer skele's or +7abl/gukk with 2 AS cards you'll be one hitting most things you would need to farm once you are 80+ if you're using the right arrows. Otherwise make friends, help each other hunt for what you need. The INN HP and SP recover is pretty abused by monks as is for min max combo spam. A 30minute AB would make it more abuse able by every class, even allow monks to drop getting agi and bless for other skills, not to mention how often it'll be used for MvP's as hunters really only need a priest for AB and a heal every now and then seeing as ankle snares are OP.

Kompinho:

--- Quote from: Celesss on Jun 29, 2022, 01:36 pm ---You sorta proved my point here with why it would be necessary for solo play.
--- End quote ---

I did not, because
a, You got used to playing the game with constant AB from blatant multiclient usage
b, You played on servers that had NPCs for AB and HP/SP

Both take credit away from certain classes and a lot of people like to play supports and feel neglected because of such features but a server where these classes were fully utilized is extremely rare. (Bragi, HP, Brewing...)
It's not impossible to play without AB and a warper / healer and such, we just got used to the good stuff over the years and now we consider it fundamental. It's not impossible, just annoying a little. If people choose a classic 1x server with no multis, they also have to sign up for this ride.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version