CasualRO. A Bunny's point of view.

Started by SnowBunny, Nov 17, 2012, 08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnowBunny

One month later.. Note that this is based on my experience and mine alone..

Server Ratings

Stability/Availability: (18/20)
As far as I'm concerned, I haven't lagged badly in cRO yet. Server's up 24/7 as well.

Community Ratings

Friendliness: (9/10)
It's pretty awesome. The people here are nice and very willing to help. They even answer faster than the GMs sometimes giving the staff more time to focus on more important aspects such as coding and scripts and all sorts. All in all, the people here are probably the nicest batch of people you'll meet online. Of course once in a while there are the usual trolls but then again it's the online world so.. Meh..

Eventfulness: (9/10)
There are bloody branch parties(player organised), auto events and "kiki"s(Justin's way of saying 'come get free stuff'). The events are always full of people and it's enjoyable. Most events give a fair share of prizes to everyone who participates and some goes via "the winner takes it all" quo. All in all, it's pretty much very enjoyable.

Game Master Ratings

Friendliness/Helpfulness: (19/20)
Be in the forums or in-game, the GMs/Admins here are as friendly as you can get. Be it on a legit or on their GM character, they respond to you in a polite and delicate manner for whatever you need, whenever you need it. Just remember, if you treat them nicely with respect, you'll be treated back the same way.

Availability: (8/10)
Some of them are usually on in-game for all your needs. Of not, they're always on the forums. But usually you post a support ticket and it'll be dealt with as soon as possible.

Game-Play Ratings

Economy: (6/10)
The economy here revolves around a bit of zeny, cash points, and sometimes, reward tokens.

Cash points can be obtained via voting and some automated events, and also the kikis that Justin hosts himself. Most of the time, people tend to buy stuff in CP since there's a trader in Pront that exchanges the CP for usables such as BBG, CasualCoins and manuals. By buying in CP would mean, they trade CP stuff for high end items. /ok

Zeny can be easily farmed here because of bubblegums. Just pop one and hop on to brasilis to farm Iaras' for roses and mirrors. Although usually people buy in CP, there are some who buy/sell in zeny too. A zeny sink would be nice for the future of a better economy.

Guild Competition: (7/10)
As of now, there are 2 main guilds in the server. There are also a few guilds that just came about and are growing to adapt to the server. Justin has revamped WoE so that everyone who participated gets some WoE Reward points. This will encourage people to play down on the WoE scene more. Competition is still growing up till now.

Class Balance: (7/10)
Some skills and weapons have been tweaked to avoid imbalance. Skills have been disabled for some of the classes too for the sake of balancing the class. Renewal is still under constant change anyway... No further comments here.

Comments
It's been a while since I gave a good rating to a server. CasualRO really did live up to the name. Least amount of drama, friendly and efficient staff, and a great community. Just a few more tweaks with the economy and it'll really be considered as one of the best RE servers around.

Total: (83/100)

Side note: Totally pimped out my Shadow Chaser here. /no1
Spoiler
[close]

Look Adelie! Look! Stupid people! Stupid people everywhere!

SnowBunny

ps: Baby WoE just released. It's getting better.

Look Adelie! Look! Stupid people! Stupid people everywhere!