NovaRO>>>>>smRO

Started by roin2k19, Apr 30, 2019, 02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariasqt

Quote from: Lunar@SM on May 02, 2019, 10:38 AM
Have you seen some other people's storage?

Are you saying others got even more?  /omg

Svarog

Quote from: Ariasqt on May 02, 2019, 11:11 AM
Are you saying others got even more?  /omg

Don't you get it? Everyone on kRO has more MVP cards than that, it's very normal, so it's a no-brainer that a recent "kRO-like" server with a hundred people playing it has dozens of MVP cards. It's just more fun when everyone at the end game of PvP/WoE/BG has nice gears! Oh, wait...

/ok

Hibris

Although I do not like it, I can tolerate a player talking s*** because he is only representing himself. But when an admin that is representing his server does it makes me think that he is not up to his position and worse things.

Midnight666

2 s*** agruing which one is better, neat /lv
Jokes aside, on topic Nova - is ok pvm server, i would say everything is fine there on pvm side, even refines people are crying about are actually obtainable, it just takes time (sometimes too much, but still).
But most likely will never be competitive woe/bg/pvp server, since even tho sometimes administration there tries to make steps in right direction (thx god they hired phaicm), its always half measures.
Like for example, woe there needed mvp card restriction long long ago, to actually continue to grow, or at least lower entrance point to people interested in starting there, but that would never happen, coz administration is afraid of backslash from mvp card holders.
Woe rewards which dont cover even 3 guest full sets with 100 eco, almost wothless woe tracks, the only good thing was siege tokens system, but still not enough, woe was mostly sink of zeny for  players.
Smro - pvm heaven from what ive heard, with 0 bg and woe activity, tho all this stuff with almost "free" mvp cards is kinda meh i would say, in long run thats gonna kill server.

But whats actually similar about both admins is that they both suffer from "people cheating" phobia.
To Lunar, blocking ahk wont save your donkey from bots, that just creates huge hole between razer/logitech/insert any brand macro keyboard here and other people.
No one, well at least in clear mind condition, will play woe with pure "hands" in 2k19.
To Nova, there is one actual cheat right and thats ndl (titan is worthless in renewal and even ndl is not that great with bragi changes), everything else is basically qol.
If you still think that people dont use ap on your server, just open your eyes, or go through every woe movie from each guild second by second, u'll be suprised.

To other admins around, there is actually huge demand in good renewal woe or at least not pvm centered server (im not talking about my guild only), so please stop making s*** pre-re servers (which live 2 months max) and finally make actual good renewal server, which will be able to bring people, who are spread among different s*** alltogether.
Believe it or not, renewal can be very good cash grabbing cow, you just have to be smart about it.

Bazoinger

So at this point thanks to the (now deleted) post made by roin2k19, it's obvious that similar to the [NovaRO/Shining Moon] Is migration to Helheim worth it? thread, this was just created in an attempt to kick as much dirt as possible on Shining Moon while the server is still young.
So let us recap the majority of this thread:

A) The "review" by the original poster is not actually a review, at best it could be considered a rant & rave combined with a server advertisement to form a "ranting comparison", which by the way makes for a terrible reading session. You could argue that other reviews have also done this, but not in the form where the ENTIRE THING is "server A vs server B".

B) Comparison of a server that has been running for nearly 4 years with an active staff team of over +10 members against a below 5 member staff team with an uptime of less than half a year and the constant overlooking of this fact by pretending that both servers have been running for the same amount of time.

C) Constant rule breakings with admins randomly clearing out posts that might count as "trolling", but leaving in random personal insults, out of context screencaps, images and generally obvious jabs that are desperate attemps to rile up either the admin or playerbase of the "opposite" server.

D) Lies and Fabrifcation: There's no point in reading the review when the reviewer says that they got "18m in a about an hour by farming geffenia", especially if they have an undergeared ranger. A good chunk of the posts here generally don't make any sense and sound like they're made up just to, again, cause a tantrum and make their server look good while making the oppositing server look bad.

So I'll quote the OP himself, as he has given the best wrap up of nearly every post on this thread:
Quote from: roin2k19 on Apr 30, 2019, 02:11 PM
At the moment reviews do not exist to rate servers but to actually damage them and spreading lies

Nearly everyone in this thread who has posted have not posted to review either server, but to deliberately damage the servers reputation and spread lies about the servers, which in the end just seems desperate.

Min

context squad

I mean if your only evidence for "Muh corruption" is out of context discord screencaps, that's pretty sad.

BlankXF

Quote from: Ara on May 01, 2019, 03:59 PM
Hey, I wonder if Munbalance knew about the card event before it came out for the rest of the playerbase. On April Fools Day. Where I'm sure plenty of players assumed it was a joke. I'm no expert on finding this stuff, but I've never been able to find any evidence that it was a real kRO event. Or how Lunar managed to get the rates. Rates, that I hear were pretty iffy. I guess I'll just take your word for it, instead of being like all the people asking for proof every time NovaRO fixes a bug.

Heyo, I meant to reply to this hours ago but real life takes priority. Ex kRO player and one of the seemingly mythical people who can understand moon runes here. As for rates, that's a trade secret. However, I can easily point you towards patch notes containing the event itself. Do a search using this phrase either on kRO's site, or on ragnarok.gamepedia.com:
"카드체인지 이벤트가"

It seems like most people here thinks noone can understand Korean or something. Not saying you're one, but reading this whole thread made me sad.

yennar

Quote from: Bazoinger on May 02, 2019, 01:49 PM
Nearly everyone in this thread who has posted have not posted to review either server, but to deliberately damage the servers reputation and spread lies about the servers, which in the end just seems desperate.

this is so true.
There are only 2 sort of posts here on RMS: to market a server or to rage against a server. One should take everything he/she reads on RMS with a grain of salt.

Naruto

I could beat you all with a blindfold on,

Now dont make me take it off.

Argustein

i don't get it why nova player arguing about "my server better than yours" while nova don't have any problem with lunar even like they said lunar copy nova wiki, etc nova still chill out /heh

Naruto

Quote from: Argustein on Jun 01, 2019, 08:29 PM
i don't get it why nova player arguing about "my server better than yours" while nova don't have any problem with lunar even like they said lunar copy nova wiki, etc nova still chill out /heh

not like it matters you all play snipers

Fu Wind

Quote from: Ara on May 01, 2019, 06:02 PM
And as a reminder, you were pushing a suggestion in the forums that had very little support, providing wildly inaccurate information, and even clashing ideas within the suggestion itself. While being completely confident. People can only read so much of that kind of stuff. I assume you then saw the #pvp-discussions channel or whatever in the ShiningMoon discord, and dropped the suggestion altogether. So much for 10+ people who supported it I guess?

Quote from: Ara on May 01, 2019, 06:02 PM
I don't see what's wrong with a larger group of players trying to stop suggestions they don't like. Y'know, some of them even tried to make suggested changes that would've helped you out. Don't think there's anything different from what they were doing on that thread, and what you're trying to do on this thread. It's not like they always get their way either. If I had things the way I wanted, that other PvP ranking/titles suggestion would've never made it through.

For anyone new to this conversation, here's the forum thread in question.
I guess I'll rephrase it then.

Hi. I just wanted to point out that what you said is not even close to what really happened that day. Well, the topic is right here so people can see the truth with their own eyes: here's

What really happened step by step was:

1.- We got the idea of implementing a more inclusive WOE on the Server, one that only allows equipment relatively easy to get. So there would be a very small gap bewtween Old Players and Newbies.  /no1

2.- Before posting the topic, we talked with people inside PVP ROOM, different Discords and Whatsapp Groups to know how many people would like the Idea. We got around 15 or 20 persons that supported the idea. 10/10

3.- The idea was literally and intentionally a "BLANK CANVAS", so everyone was invited to opine about the topic. So saying "wildly inaccurate information, and even clashing ideas within the suggestion itself" is just a FALLACY. We intentinally didn't developed the idea cause we wanted to invite everyone to contribute with their knowledge and experience.   /ok

4.- As soon as we posted the Topic, some old members of PVP community started messing around with insults and jokes. There were maybe 1 or 2 legit equipment suggestions from Shall, but  the great majority of posts were just trolling, insulting, and disacrediting everything that we suggested.

5.- BTW, Shall laughted on us for using Glorious Set instead of Recruit Set, which not only demonstrates his toxicity but also his LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE GAME. As proven in the same Topic, Glorious set is WAY better than Recruit set to endure Asura Strike, since it not only gives more Demi-Human Resistance, but also a much higher HP POOL.  /hmm

6.- I talked to those 15-20 persons that supported the idea before, and I asked them support the suggestion on the Forum. You know what they said? They said they didn't wanna get involved, because THE PVP COMMUNITY IS TOO TOXIC!! So in my frustration i created a fake account named ALTARIA SUN to support the suggestion (it was a mistake for sure, I admit it, but it was necessary because no one wants to talk in the NovaRO Forum whenever this TOXIC PVP COMMUNITY is involved) .

7.- Shall edited and deleted the majority of the insults on his posts, so they doesn't give more bad fame to himself and the current PVP community. So what you see on topic right now is VERY softened. Very cowardly behavior. If he wanted to be direct and honest, at least he should have kept his word to the very end instead of retracting. /swt

8.- At that point, I already lost my hope on getting anything good from the suggestion. But i kept on the topic, just to point out the evident LIES that some PVP players were spitting (saying they were "helping", what a nice joke  /heh )

9.- Finally, the creator asked for the GMs to close the topic.  /hmm

Ara, you sympathize me, and is ok that you try to defend your friends, but don't try to deny what really happened.

As a friend, instead of defending their sh*t, you should be advicing them to act with more maturity and not to repeat this behavior again. Cause is not only harmful for the people insulted, but also for YOURSELVES and for THE WHOLE SERVER, since it keeps A LOT of potential players away from PVP, and, in general, away from NovaRO.

Check my awesome Youtube Channel for Rune Knight content, AB content and others:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxj_I417ixk1Qny8WZGJXBg

Fu Wind

Also, forgot to mention:

Quote from: Hibris on May 02, 2019, 12:28 PM
Although I do not like it, I can tolerate a player talking s*** because he is only representing himself. But when an admin that is representing his server does it makes me think that he is not up to his position and worse things.

+1000.
I have nothing personal against Lunar, very cool and nice guy, and his server has lot of potential to keep growing. I just don't prefer it because of the major customs and the super easy rates.

But when a GM s*** talks in a Forum, it looks terrible. That's giving bad fame to the server he owns.  /??

It's fine that a GM defends his work, but in my opinion there are ways and ways to do the things. A GM should talk  from a superior state, not at the same level. For he's representing not only himself, but his whole Server. If a GM s*** talks that way, that talks pretty bad about the Server.   /hmm

Just an advicement.

Check my awesome Youtube Channel for Rune Knight content, AB content and others:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxj_I417ixk1Qny8WZGJXBg

yC

Locking this topic, create your own topic if you have anything else to add.