NOVARO - Mastercard game

Started by thebowgal, Feb 27, 2022, 04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aloe

Quote from: thebowgal on Mar 29, 2022, 09:05 PM
Merchandise with their server logo? This is crazy, it's not even an official server or an original game of their own... Why would anyone buy it is beyond me...
Spoiler
[close]

It's pretty ridiculous really! And you'd be surprised, as you pointed out by your initial post - this server has a cult-like following; there'll be a few that will probably buy anything they come out with. it's baffling, lol.

At this point the guy is probably living with the server's money alone  /wah

It certainly feels that way. It feels like it's more of a business for this guy than a passion project at this point.
I get that they have to pay for the server host and other expenses but sheesh, this just feels too much.  /swt

I am glad I enjoyed the server when it was still decent. Probably never getting back to it again.
I share the same sentiment as you, it was enjoyable as a newbie but then you slowly come to realize how things work around the management in this server, and its only gotten worse over the years.  /wah

Good luck finding a server that suits your needs!  /lv

[email protected]

i play on 3 server NovaRO, ShiningMoon, KRO(i bought an account)
i started to play on novaRO when munbalance was still WoEing with his 1shot eira
so iv been playing for quite a long time

i did an experiment with my friend who doesnt mind throwing money on games (we both love RO)
on all 3 servers we will make GXes and start from 0
i will play 2 months in advance for a total of 4months on a fresh account
i can use any zenny i have (only the zenny) even zenny from an old account (if i have one) but will stick to f2p
while he will start 2 months later but hes allowed to cash

the result was

NovaRO:
even when i got a headstart of 2 months and 1b zenny given from my veteran account
i couldn't catch up to him just because he can buy and sell coins
that 1b headstart i have was gone just from buying 1 meta weapon (un upgraded) i cant even farm bsb my self unless i gear up a support which kinda takes away the beauty of RO (play the class you want) and it funneled my already low zenny on a class that i dont even want to play while farming geffenia
by the end of 4 months i got 1 half assed support and 1 undergeared GX
while he got an absolutely decked out GX minus the shadow gears because he cant buy them at the time

SMRO:
with the 2 months head start i was able to get mid to almost high end gears and was able to comfortably get money for bsb while he did whale and got more money than me we were pretty much head to head
by the end of    4 months we ended up with almost identical GX the only difference was his acquisition on the BiS
shadow gear he got his full penetration and maxi mammoth in about 1 week while i got mine in 4 weeks and this is without making a support and only farming geffenia for a grand total of 60m

kRO:
in the 2 months headstart i easily got close to 3b and was able to buy items close to meta or is meta but just has an alternative and the biggest factor to this is they dont have the class change npc
99% the money i got came from the etc items that is 100% useless on pserver but in kRO they buy it by the thousands so every area that drops these are farming area
by the end of 4 months we ended up with almost identical GXs exeption being the shadow gear and enhancements all in
he ended up with more +14s while i settled with +12s

our conclusion
NovaRO is for the establised, wallet warrior (whale), no life geffenia grinder players

a quote from my whale friend on NovaRO
yeah this server is not pay 2 win its pay 2 win with extra steps to make it not look like it is not newbie or f2p friendly

Lai

Quote from: [email protected] on Apr 26, 2022, 05:34 AM
i started to play on novaRO when munbalance was still WoEing with his 1shot eira

i did an experiment with my friend who doesnt mind throwing money on games (we both love RO)
i can use any zenny i have (only the zenny) even zenny from an old account (if i have one) but will stick to f2p

the result was

NovaRO:
even when i got a headstart of 2 months and 1b zenny given from my veteran account
that 1b headstart i have was gone just from buying 1 meta weapon (un upgraded) i cant even farm bsb my self unless i gear up a support which kinda takes away the beauty of RO (play the class you want) and it funneled my already low zenny on a class that i dont even want to play while farming geffenia
while he got an absolutely decked out GX minus the shadow gears because he cant buy them at the time

SMRO:
with the 2 months head start i was able to get mid to almost high end gears and was able to comfortably get money for bsb while he did whale and got more money than me we were pretty much head to head
by the end of    4 months we ended up with almost identical GX the only difference was his acquisition on the BiS
shadow gear he got his full tempest and maxi mammoth in about 1 week while i got mine in 4 weeks and this is without making a support and only farming geffenia for a grand total of 60m

kRO:
in the 2 months headstart i easily got close to 3b and was able to buy items close to meta or is meta but just has an alternative and the biggest factor to this is they dont have the class change npc
99% the money i got came from the etc items that is 100% useless on pserver but in kRO they buy it by the thousands so every area that drops these are farming area
by the end of 4 months we ended up with almost identical GXs exeption being the shadow gear and enhancements all in

our conclusion
NovaRO is for the establised, wallet warrior (whale), no life geffenia grinder players

yeah this server is not pay 2 win its pay 2 win with extra steps to make it not look like it is not newbie or f2p friendly

This is so interesting.

I'm wondering, is it possible you do a test like this on Limit Ragnarok?
The server is now a little over 1 year with kRO progression, we are about 2 updates away from 18.1

vohoangquan1996

Quote from: [email protected] on Apr 26, 2022, 05:34 AM

the result was

NovaRO:

SMRO:
shadow gear he got his full tempest and maxi mammoth in about 1 week while i got mine in 4 weeks and this is without making a support and only farming geffenia for a grand total of 60m

kRO:

our conclusion

This is a very interesting experiment.
I also played on a official server But it isnt run by Gravity as all so it pretty much the definition of p2w. The good side probably gonna jump to other server where gravity run it themselves.

[email protected]

Quote from: Lai on Apr 26, 2022, 08:55 AM
This is so interesting.

I'm wondering, is it possible you do a test like this on Limit Ragnarok?
The server is now a little over 1 year with kRO progression, we are about 2 updates away from 18.1

i would need to ask my friend if hes down to do another FvP (free vs payed) again but if hes down then we can do limit