MuhRO, The failed NovaRO copy *Review*

Started by 331155, Feb 11, 2023, 07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi fellow readers,

I started playing on this server about 6 months ago. At first it was really good but the more I played the more ugly it turned out to be.
All of what I'm writing here is based on facts, I will provide proof.

Btw, as I'm writing this the GM is begging other players to write reviews so my negative review gets lost under their reviews. Quite amusing.

Anyway, here we go!

MuhRO is a mess of a mid-rate server with the rates set at 50x/50x/25x.

Let's start with why this server exists in the first place:
According to the "GM" team -> MuhRO launched because GM Muh's GM application has been rejected by Nova. Shoutout to my man Nova, you dodged a bullet.

PROS:
I don't even know at this point.

CONS:

1.) Corruption & Favorism:
Long story short: A GM team member named "Meat" was caught cheating. Cheating? How? He was using an AHK pixel bot to farm MVPs. How it works?

He changed the sprites of MVPs to this yellow sqaure and had his AHK pixel bot teleport in lightspeed but stop teleporting the moment he lands on this color.
Basically teleporting 100 times in 10 seconds but then stop once the MVP is on the screen. This gave him a huge advantage compared to other legit players.

This player has been caught red-handed -> admitted cheating ingame (it's in the server chat logs, yes this server logs chats)
but he got away because he's friends with GM Muh and they have been friends long before this server even existed.

Admin statement as to why he has not been banned:
Short translation:
Admin: Guess who's crying to GM Muh again?
Me: Who? Meat?
Admin: *gossips about her GM team member and laughs*
Me: I don't understand why you guys wont ban this guy? Any other server would have banned him in the blink of an eye.
Admin: Because if we ban meat, the other GM team members will also leave.

basically confirming that he cheated, but they apparently can't ban him because the other GM team members (who are the cheaters friends) would also leave.

At this point I was like f*** it, they cant ban him because their hands are bound" until..... GM Muh started defending him.
This is when i realized it isn't about the gms leaving as to why they cant ban him. Its because the Head GM / server owner doesnt want him to get banned.

Short translation:
Me confronting the GM about his corrupt butt, if anyone cares to translate go ahead, im too lazy.
Too lazy cuz the screenshot above already proves that he cheated but they cant ban him because of said reasons.
He's basically trying to find ways to defend him and trying to make arguments as to why he wont ban him.
The definition of favorism and corruption. Enjoy!

2.) incompetence:

In the following screenshot you're able to see the server owner's wife aka "GM Icecold" begging me to create a suggestion thread in the
forums because she can't get her ideas and points across in the GM team at all. Can you imagine how desperate and awful the situation within the GM Team
has to be for the server owners wife to DM a server PLAYER to make a suggestion? 

This is just one of 100 examples I could make as to why this server is so freaking unprofessional. But i think this pretty much sums it all up. It's awful.
GM's are also players here and guess what? their pockets are filled with MVP cards!

3.) Economy
The economy of this server is the worst of it's kind. Literally the worst you will EVER see. Except for a handful of cards, no card has any worth in this server.
The rates are beyond dumb and the admin forgot to adjust a lot of things when rising the rates to the point a few hours of farming can get you 100+ card albums in this server which
in the end caused the silly card situation.

Monsters drop zeny here. There are other, 1000x better ways to inject more zeny into the server when it's really needed.
But as you can already tell you have amateurs working here.

This server has a place called clocktower basement. This place reduces the content of this server to a minimum. Nothing is worth really doing. All you have to do is farm this place and
use the zeny generated here to fund your equipment until you run out of things to upgrade and then you hit a wall where there is nothing to do anymore.
If you play hardcore here, you will be done in 2 months and there wont be anything to do for you except switching your class and doing the same garbage all over again.

4.) PVP/WOE:
There isn't really much to say here.
PVP is completely dead.

WoE TE is a thing. It rewards players with thousands of Old Card Albums in a short amount of time. All castles are held by 1 person who's using 235345 alt accounts to defend them all.
WoE shouldnt be a thing with so few players in the first place, especially not with these kind of rewards. The server is already suffering HEAVILY from the card situation and terrible economy.
Implementing it this way made everything only worse.

5.) Conclusion:
The attempt to copy nova and make it a "better novaRO" failed miserably.

If you are cool with corruption, botters, cheaters and people who break the rules and get away with it, this server is for you.

Otherwise stay away
The servers player retention rate speaks for itself. 1000 players join, 20 stayed.

I fully expect them to ask their "favorite players" to write something under here to deny all of it. But hey, we've been here for many years and have seen many server owners in denial, right?

Enjoy and bye!

PS: I might add some more funny things about this server when I'm bored. Stay tuned ^-^

Cocaine

Holy moly, it's been a while since RMS threads been entertaining. This is such a good read, thanks for that @OP!

As for the what's written and the server. It's best to stay away from servers like this. That things like this still happen in 2023 is kinda funny. Server owners never seem to learn. One look at "Rant & Rave" and you already know what NOT - TO - DO and yet it still happens ^^

munkrej

Hello and thank you for our very first review on this forum  /no1

I'm the admin of this topic's server and I just want to shed some light into this dark whole without disclosing any private chats besides what was disclosed here already or has been mentioned more than enough in other channels of the server.

Note: I think everyone should form their own opinion and not take everything at face value. I will not comment on anything other than the allegations against me or the staff. I don't want to argue here, just state my point of view.

Hopefully it is not too hard to read because of all the quotes.

When did all this start? To me this players friendlyness turned into hate when I publicly warned him to stop blaming others for things about whose internal information he cannot know. (This was about the "cheater"-topic that has been mentioned.)
It may have started earlier - as their review states.

Quote from: 331155 on Feb 11, 2023, 07:17 AM
Btw, as I'm writing this the GM is begging other players to write reviews so my negative review gets lost under their reviews. Quite amusing.

Nothing like that ever happend in any other form than reminding our players about this in a non-intrusive way. Yes such a one-line reminder happened today. It's everyone's free choice.

According to the "GM" team -> MuhRO launched because GM Muh's GM application has been rejected by Nova. Shoutout to my man Nova, you dodged a bullet.

It seems I will repeat the next sentence more than once here: you should not take everything to heart that was being said to you if it wasn't an official announcement.
This was definitely not the reason to open a server, it also absolutely does not fit together in terms of time.

the cheater/corruption part

So what happened here: Player A accused Player B, Player B accused Player A. Let's call them Player OP and Player ex-Staff. Both claimed the other one cheats. Both get onto our watchlist. Both are talked to. Player ex-Staff was involved in the GM Team in the form of Testing and being part of change-discussions, so they had access to our test-server.
Player ex-Staff later admitted to Player OP they used a tool once on our test-server.
At the moment the reports happened we decided that on neither side claimed cheats have been involved. We added countermeasures into the game and after more things happened also took actions against Player ex-Staff because of undisclosed reasons (not cheating as this would have resulted in a ban).

Now again from above: you should not take everything to heart that was being said to you if it wasn't an official announcement.
Because of your disclosed chats you might see, that we (the staff) were not all of one opinion. This doesn't change any of my statements.

Ultimately Player ex-Staff got the MVP-Card both players fought about and quit the game.
A little later and after I disagreed with Player OP they stopped their hardcore playing and also quit.

In the following screenshot you're able to see the server owner's wife aka "GM Icecold" begging me to create a suggestion thread in the
forums because she can't get her ideas and points across in the GM team at all. Can you imagine how desperate and awful the situation within the GM Team
has to be for the server owners wife to DM a server PLAYER to make a suggestion? 

You're not the one to judge the situation in the GM Team, nor in a relationship because of your used to be friendly private chat. The suggestions you were to create was already on our ToDo-List with unfinished parameters.

GM's are also players here and guess what? their pockets are filled with MVP cards!

Any MVP-Card drop is being announced ingame and in discord. In reality you were the player with the most MVP Cards compared to playtime.
There's no other person in the GM-Team that has the rights to manipulate the server in any harmful way besides the admin, me. So if you lose trust into such admin, it's time to leave, I guess it was the right call for you.

PS: I might add some more funny things about this server when I'm bored. Stay tuned ^-^

I'd appreciate any constructive criticism anytime.

Best Regards
Muh

Rye305

Quote from: munkrej on Feb 11, 2023, 04:04 PM

Best Regards
Muh

You're basically denying every single point OP made. Are you sure you aren't the problem here? Players who come to the forums to rant about a server usually come with valid and strong arguments as you can see up there Oo

According to you, ALL of the points OP made are invalid, which is hard to believe since you're denying literally all of the above. He posted screenshots of his claims and they do seem pretty accurate/valid to me. I speak german by the way and do understand the screenshots.

How did players figure out that there is a cheater if the ex GM who cheated only used it on the test server?

Speaking of being in denial...

When did all this start? To me this players friendlyness turned into hate when I publicly warned him to stop blaming others for things about whose internal information he cannot know.

If you look at the screenshots OP clearly seems to know more than you think? OP clearly asks why the ex GM has not been banned for cheating and hacking and your wife responded with "We can't ban him because the other GMs would leave as well"?
This does look like favorism.

Nithraniel

Here is constructive criticism : stop plagiarising NovaRO's wiki and maybe your server will look less like a NovaRO copy. I just was looking up a NovaRO article on Google from memory of a sentence and I stumbled upon this:

This is just a small part of a page on the wiki, who knows if there are many more copied pages. If you have the balls to make a wiki for your server, you should write your own pages.

FlowerPower

Hi all "I'm the wife" GM Icecold aka Stasi in those discord screenshots.
Before forming an opinion, listen to both sides. Now comes mine. (feeding the troll one more time....)

First of all.... calling a server owner incompetent who almost solely develops/implements all our changes and even publishes his work to rathena to support the community...
well there is probably nothing more to say. ....

Let's start!

"Btw, as I'm writing this the GM is begging other players to write reviews so my negative review gets lost under their reviews. Quite amusing."

Me at global chat:

That's not begging, that's what every server does, so I don't know what the problem here is?

"Long story short:A GM team member named "Meat" was caught cheating.
This player has been caught red-handed -> admitted cheating ingame (it's in the server chat logs, yes this server logs chats)
but he got away because he's friends with GM Muh and they have been friends long before this server even existed."

To this story, I don't know how long we have to talk this again and again and again.
This took us a lot of time, while we are all in fulltime jobs....
We spend a lot of time in this drama instead of new content. SO AGAIN and hopefully the last time?:

As muh mentioned, the "GM Team player" successfully started the script to cheat on the test server, but not on the real server.
That's a huge difference!
My opinion was, the attempt to cheat should already lead to the ban.
A few of our team were for it, a few against it, that's how it is in a team.
At the same time I fed this troll here. We had a good relationship, which he of course conceals here. Likewise the threat to me.
And that's exactly how I communicated with this player, but it's easier to pick what suits you, isn't it?

Let's continue:

"In the following screenshot you're able to see the server owner's wife aka "GM Icecold" begging me to create a suggestion thread in the
has to be for the server owners wife to DM a server PLAYER to make a suggestion?"

As I said before, we had a good relationship and I wrote here and there some jokes, I never beg him to write a suggestion, lol.
The only reason I wrote this, was because I was to lazy to do it by myself. We were "good friends", that's all.
I told him to write this, so it would move from our list "onhold" (someday we will take care of it) to "TBD" ( to be discussed) and then to "TODO".
As you can see, we have over 800 things to discuss and implement:

So no big deal....

"This is just one of 100 examples I could make as to why this server is so freaking unprofessional. But i think this pretty much sums it all up. It's awful.
GM's are also players here and guess what? their pockets are filled with MVP cards! "

Here muh also mentioned, that we have a log for every single mvp card. Also there are just 3 of us with a GM Acc on the real server.
Everyone can join our discord and read the channel raredrop....
Muh, me and GM Riah.
The only one, who can create items, drop items, use rodex and can trade to players is muh. He has no time to play, also me... .
Me and GM Riah can only create accoundbound items, and you know that. We can't trade, we can't use rodex, we can't drop items ....
So what are you trying to say here?
That we communicate openly and honestly with our players is a problem???

I can tell you the truth about this player. And I hope no other admin will do the same mistake I did. Trust this guy.... My worst mistake.
Here is the truth, why this player do this, he doesn't show his reason for all this, read yourself:

And here the translation:

Moreover, the player believes that he can judge what we do with our donations and what we have to do.
So dear P-server owners, if you need someone for your finances, here you have a competent man:

At the end, this guy has two faces, be careful with him. I fell for him. I brought him onto a discussion team made of players/staff to get better input for future changes, of course he kept that quiet too.... Why mention that too :D

My last message to him, you can post whatever you want about us, but remember, if you threaten and have already incriminated yourself, you'd better be quiet.
Go your way, we'll go ours. We all run private servers here, we want to have fun, we all have enough drama in real life.

Maybe you should change your dealer?

So dear readers, now you can get the picture, you have my side and his side.
For me, this is also the end of this story.
I will no longer look in here, I prefer to devote my time to my players than ex-players who somehow spin everything together
and twist the word in your mouth. I wish everyone a lot of fun and a relaxing Sunday, byeeee   /kis

Rye305

Quote from: FlowerPower on Feb 12, 2023, 03:10 AM
Hi all "I'm the wife" GM Icecold aka Stasi in those discord screenshots.
Before forming an opinion, listen to both sides. Now comes mine. (feeding the troll one more time....)

For me, this is also the end of this story.
I will no longer look in here, I prefer to devote my time to my players than ex-players who somehow spin everything together
and twist the word in your mouth. I wish everyone a lot of fun and a relaxing Sunday, byeeee   /kis

2 Admins in denial and they happen to be married. LOL!

Yeah, I took the time to read it all. Tbh what exactly are you trying to achieve here other than making OP look bad?

Pretty sure your response does more harm to your servers reputation than any good. You sound like a crazy woman caught on fire.  /heh

In all seriousness, though. OP made rock-solid points and both of you are just clowning around in denial.

Here is the fix:

1. no tolerance to cheaters
2. less copy pasting NovaRO wiki
3. less copy pasting NovaRO ideas
4. less trying to be like NovaRO (nova is simply on another level that you guys wont ever reach)
5. less going on RMS and less freaking out over a review. Lacking Professionalism? Confirming OP once again..

And lastly, take responsibility for your mistakes and do better next time, instead both of you come to the forums, run wild like pigs in 'FULL-DENIAL mode' and deny literally everything in this world.

Earth isn't flat btw!

Feebee

Quote from: FlowerPower on Feb 12, 2023, 03:10 AM

Maybe you should change your dealer?

1. Maybe you should consume some of the things he is consuming to talk less crap? You're quite literally adding OFF-TOPIC screenshots, which is already pathetic in itself and speaks volumes, only to devaluate everything he said.

2. I used to play your server for a while until I read that GM Muh wrote: "Nova is adding so many of the ideas that I made back then". Yep, he did say that, it's hilarious that he deleted this line from the discord server chats. I'm wondering why? Hmm, maybe because of this thread?

3. You guys are full of shiet

And with that I, the innocent lamb,  WiSh EvErYoNe a lOt oF fUn aDd a rElaXinG SuNdAy, byeeee

Honestly this has to be the most pathetic comeback from pserver GMs in denial in RMS history.

munkrej

Quote from: Feebee on Feb 12, 2023, 05:14 AM
2. I used to play your server for a while until I read that GM Muh wrote: "Nova is adding so many of the ideas that I made back then". Yep, he did say that, it's hilarious that he deleted this line from the discord server chats. I'm wondering why? Hmm, maybe because of this thread?

Let's keep my denial alive, right? Because never have I deleted any of my messages anywhere.

poroussbsp

The OP, 331155, is Reborn from OathRO. Reborn from Hitman Reborn, now Power from Chainsawman. Look at the tone and the ways he speaks, his modus operandi being manipulative to gain trust, the threat towards them (breaking their knee) and that huge ego (He has contact, money and power for it / add funny things about this server when he's bored). The commenters that condemn the server owners are really stupid to fall for his trick, and as Reborn said:"RO players are dumb and bad with finance." Guess that proved his first point at least.

[email protected]

Quote from: poroussbsp on Feb 12, 2023, 10:15 PM
The OP, 331155, is Reborn from OathRO. Reborn from Hitman Reborn, now Power from Chainsawman. Look at the tone and the ways he speaks, his modus operandi being manipulative to gain trust, the threat towards them (breaking their knee) and that huge ego (He has contact, money and power for it / add funny things about this server when he's bored). The commenters that condemn the server owners are really stupid to fall for his trick, and as Reborn said:"RO players are dumb and bad with finance." Guess that proved his first point at least.

I have to butt in right here^^ this guy is actually Kino and used to help everyone in muhro and is nothing like the way u describe him. For kino to come on forum to write this i think there must be a good reason. Never heard of "reborn" or anything like that, what are you, a paid actor maybe^^? You are imagining things and believe they are 100% accurate, i wonder who is really the stupid here.

The translation is also very bad for what he wrote about the "knee" part. The law in germany for hosting pserver is a bit different than you think - especially when the server owners dont pay taxes from the donations which is the case here from what i heard, can easily backfire.

I can confirm a lot of he says but not all because i dont play much here - i guess everyone stupid except you :D

here a pic from discord of his "finances" that u make fun of ^^
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/884778431970181120/1034508278132121660/20221025_183838.jpg
classic case of when the woke mass thinks they know what they talking about

Kushiro

One idiot doesn't bother to translate their screenshots and the other post screenshots that can't be seen.