Mastela RO

Started by Rokurai, Jul 30, 2008, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rokurai

I bet you're all wondering, "What could be so bad about Mastela RO?" Well I'm about to tell you.

We've got three reasons here.

Reason 1: PvP
Reason 2: Main Town
Reason 3: Connection

Let's start with reason one.

P        V         P

Easily the most enjoyable part of Ragnarok Online, most would agree. Ahahaha! Not on MastelaRO! Guess what happens? If you don't go in their with your big strong guild or your inventory full of Yggdrasil Berries, you're going to get ganged by a party of bigshot lvl 99's who think they're tough.

I had a Lord Knight named Seyren. Once I maxed, I figured I'd go battle a few people to pass the time. I didn't make it 3 cells from the enterance before a cloaked SinX KOS'ed me. Normal PvP behavior, so I went back and killed the SinX. Before I know it, the SinX and 20 of his guildmates come over and curbstomp me. I'm like "WTF?" so I say "Hey guys, stop teaming." Reason I said that? Its PVP not GVG.

I come back, they KOS me again. So I get on another character, and get JT spammed by a Wizard, Full Stripped by a Stalker, and Double Strafed by a Sniper. All at the same time. And they're all in the same guild. WTH is this crap? I get mad and say "Quit teaming!" and they say "Why?" Never went to PVP again.

M  A I N      T O W N

Prontera. Capital city of Rune-Midgard, great place to be and hang out, load up on gear, talk to the healer, sit down and chill out. Right? WRONG. There's no restrictions in Prontera. So exactly what you imagine when I say that is true.

People dropping their items at the speed of light, littering the streets. Chat boxes blocking NPC's, crazed Wizards spamming Meteor Storm, and Priests spamming their Assumptios, Soul Linkers spamming their Spirit Links. Constantly. Bards playing their music repeatedly, over and over and over and over. Champions using Critical Explosion. Its enough to drive you crazy. Not much more to say.

C O N N E C T I O N

This was the last straw, as far as I'm concerned. What about the connection, you ask? Well, I'll tell you, my cousin will tell you, my friend will tell you.

Just this morning, I tried to get onto Mastela RO.

"Please wait..."
"Failed to connect to server."

As normal, I tried again. And again. And again. And again. And again.

"Failed to connect to server."
"Server still recognizes your last log-in. Try again in a few minutes."
"Rejected from server."

If I did manage to log in, I'm d/ced instantly. And then if I log out to switch a character, it happens again. So I quit, uninstalled, and made this topic.

Maybe it was just my experience. Maybe RO hates me. But all I know is, that server was total horsecrap from my point of view.

ReviewMaster

Carpy server so much lagg it sad. you it the main town a just get disappear one nasty server don't i repeat don't download.

Sketh

From the way i see it... most huge servers are like that to tell u the truth...regardless where u would go everyone likes getting buffed inside the town before going out anywhere outside of it. Champs always like to buff themselves and get ready to either asura or FO something that they are going outside of town....Clowns play music for other players to get strings more HP and other uses out of instead of not getting theyre types of buffs....Wizards just like to check theyre cast times with certain skills and see if they would like to change up theyre build or if theyre casting is fast enough.....

as for PVPing all pvp is like that if u and your guild was on and they decided to go pvp u wouldnt want your guildmates to die regardless whoever is atking them ure going to try and kill the other players before they kill your own guildmate...... and as for the your complaint on the connection i have nothing since i dont ever play on mastela RO

Rekenber

Some people just like to be annoying pricks and spam the place up with their skills.

One or two times is fair enough, but what about a Sniper spamming True Sight on every possible second or a High Wizard casting off Storm Gust/LoV/Meteor Storm like an idiot?

There's a difference between spamming skills and just using skills.

Patrick

Finnaly someone who agrees with me that MastelaRO is corrupt.
http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/server-reviews/mastelaro/0/
See the last page. The GM deleted that thread in MastelaRO Forum so link wont work. I managed to keep the pic's URL. See it yourself. @Itemed stuff to the PRO people.

Majora_younglink

Quote from: Sketh on Jul 30, 2008, 04:35 PM
From the way i see it... most huge servers are like that to tell u the truth...regardless where u would go everyone likes getting buffed inside the town before going out anywhere outside of it. Champs always like to buff themselves and get ready to either asura or FO something that they are going outside of town....Clowns play music for other players to get strings more HP and other uses out of instead of not getting theyre types of buffs....Wizards just like to check theyre cast times with certain skills and see if they would like to change up theyre build or if theyre casting is fast enough.....

as for PVPing all pvp is like that if u and your guild was on and they decided to go pvp u wouldnt want your guildmates to die regardless whoever is atking them ure going to try and kill the other players before they kill your own guildmate...... and as for the your complaint on the connection i have nothing since i dont ever play on mastela RO

Not to jump on topic as I've never played this server but I'll say this... PvP is NOT GvG. So if you die getting a group to kill the player that killed you not only kills what pvp is about but makes you a sore loser in ever way. Regardless, if they want to do that it their problem. Shows how good at pvp they are.

As for the skill spam'age in main town, thats kind of normal. Unless there was like a whole bunch of wiz's using MS and the buffers just nonsensically using their skills for no apparent reason every few seconds theres really no reason to complain about that and even then I think you'd need dozens upon dozens doing that for it to even become irritating...

Rokurai

Should have made the Main Town part clearer. It's not normal usage for practical purposes, its annoying spam just to be an a****** sort of thing. Like a WS using Maximize Power! 40 times in a row. Just pointless spam because they know someone there will get pissed.

Jinxess

Another TechRO. Some of us know how badly Evo ran Tech and how corrupt it was with the stupid pnoy GM's giving out items to pnoy guilds. Besides that, eventfulness is on the down low.

Darken

Quote from: Majora_younglink on Jul 31, 2008, 08:38 AM
Not to jump on topic as I've never played this server but I'll say this... PvP is NOT GvG. So if you die getting a group to kill the player that killed you not only kills what pvp is about but makes you a sore loser in ever way. Regardless, if they want to do that it their problem. Shows how good at pvp they are.

Uh yeah Player VS Player essentially means it CAN be GvG. If someone wants to bring their guild in and mob a single player, they can do that. If a player doesn't want to get owned 1v10 they can just not go in pvp and simply call them pussies or w/e chivarly code you intend to use. Hey I dunno, maybe even.. get your own guild to counter them and have a war in the middle of pvp arena? It's simply kill or be killed, anything goes unless the GM states otherwise.

Not defending the server or anything but really, I hate it when a pvp arena has people going "OMG DON'T ATTACK ME I'M JUST TESTING" or "NO FAIR 2 AGASNT 1 WAHHH" It's just silly.

Omg Onoes

sounds like not only does the server suck, you blow as a player as well, cry more.

and no, techro was remade into wreckedro, same corruption, same bots, same pinoys swarm the server, mastelaro just has some of the players from techro before, and that's enough to ruin it.
Your signature has been reported and removed for peacefulness of this forum.