Lumina RO

Started by Orange, Nov 09, 2009, 11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange

I played on the server when it was new, quit and trolled the forums some and recently got back into playing and realized how downhill it has gone.

When I first played, MvP cards started out at 0.25% drop, the server had a rollback and a double rates event, putting MvP cards to 0.5%
Then all of a sudden they are .1%, after people got boss/mvp cards on 0.5%, that now makes it 5 times harder on anyone that didn't hunt MvP's in that week.

Changing rates after server opening = failed.

Along with that the economy was horrible and the server bot infested(Which is what made me quit originally)

It seems that the GM's put to much faith into the bot hunting NPC, which is easily bypassed(Knowing many people myself who botted for >100 hours without being caught) I'd constantly see bots on maps day in day out, never logging off. @request'ing anything was futile, It's like sending a mail to a friend that your house is burning down, useless.

Now then, that's about where I quit, I don't much remember the competition and such though it was decent. Events were lame(A frost joker event took about 20 minutes to organize, was nothing but a luck-based stand around and wait to win or lose event involving no fun, and had a lame prize, when people complained they were told "don't go to the events")

I read the forums and well, every WoE topic that showed up would have comments on how lame the competition was, they all degraded into a flame war of "NO MY GUILDS BETTER" and recently I've heard people do not even bother wasting money on materials in WoE, seen ingame for myself to.

While on the forums, I was also banned for 1 week for saying GTFO in an introduction topic, the poster was my friend from another server. The exact same, or worse comments coming from people just get topics locked continuously, random punishments much?

I logged ingame a few days ago, and within the first hour of playing...

Yeah, that's 30,000 poison bottles sitting on the floor. When reported to the GM's I was told "You can get them from donating"
When reported on the forums, my post was deleted
On top of that I @request'd about every hour for the next day and a half, which I played for many many hours. 0 responses.

Now then the next day, a hacker hits the server and MvP cards pop up everywhere, server goes to hell for a few hours until Adhelle gets on, I try and tell her to roll back to at least the date when the 30k poison bottles(As I knew they were well spread throughout the server, and first known massive illegit item appearance) and I was well, ignored. There was a 12 hour or so rollback and the poison bottles remained in play, someone was then banned for selling them.(I had approx 600 boxes given to me, someone else held most of the rest and the rest were sold/scattered)

I was also selling them as well, seeing as my post was deleted and not a single GM responded I decided they didn't care, I got banned for selling illegit items(not a baww i got b& post, I only played the server to talk and had another account to do so)

As you can see, after countless attempts of getting attention Adhelle and the GM's still completely ignored me. That puts GM activity and how smart the moderation team is down to a 1 for me.

Moving on, other things that are absolutely annoying in the server...

The botcheck,

It annoyed me on the first days and it sure as hell didn't fail to do so this time around, bot checking me in the first minute of play, getting me killed by botchecking a friend while we were out leveling, then getting my friend killed from the same thing, and general annoyance of it. Oh, and it's easy for bots to bypass as mentioned above.

GM's,
Other then the ignorance of them, the 1 I got to talk to was a complete moron. Getting into an argument about me buying a peco peco hairband for 20mil(worth 10mil) which I bought because I had excess money and it was the only 1 being sold, s/he would just not shut up about it and ignored every question I had(trying to find out why they could ban me but not fix the problem when I reported it, when adhelle would be on etc) and would just go back to me buying something for to much.

Conversation generally went like this over and over>

It also took her/him several minutes to respond to my @request, meanwhile sitting in the main town talking to people. I PM'd Secret and @request'd a LOT and never got a response.

WoE/PvP
What's said on the forums is mostly that it is boring and flames.
The WoE I went to ingame was pretty bland, walking through the castle and not really seeing anyone. There are countless comments on the WoE topics on forums of people doing fine in WoE with a gearless/low level character, or without pots

PvP is typical LINK EDP SB pvp you see on most servers, no sign of champs on this server though(good and bad) I could walk into PvP with my level 70 star glad, FSK every sinx and they will just leave. Can't fight without link, a single prof can solo 10 people(A not-so good prof)

Economy
90% of shops just sit there for days on end without making a single sale. The addition of mining does not help the economy, people have multiple boss/MvP cards. not much to say

Community
I've met a few nice people, but they've all been new. Walk into PvP and all you see is back and forth arguments over who has the better SB.

Customs...
Big ugly wings, not overpowered atleast. But big, and ugly. The mining system is absolutely stupid, the auto events are boring even on the first time. The main town would be the only custom thing I'd keep.

Stability/availability.
Forums constantly crash, more then I've ever seen. The server had a rollback the first week and just had another 10 hour rollback along with being hacked, and from what I've seen goes down quite a lot, for how easy it is to keep a server up these days it is poor.

I'd give the server a 2/10, it is decent to play on but honestly I'd prefer a clean copy of eathena to run around on. The customs do not add any fun, and the moderation team absolutely kill any points the server earned.. The deletion of my forum report about the EDP, then me being banned ingame for having them is complete s***, and if Adhelle does not sort it out fast that server rating could fall lower(So far no response to a forum PM, only time I seen her ingame she ignored me, and it was when I reported it and told her how far to rollback)
I'm looking forward to the reason for my forum post being deleted.

EDIT:
I'll try to keep my edits here as I usually make heaps.
Sorting with the hackers:
http://tinypic.com/r/205fvgh/4

http://www.luminaro.net/forum/index.php?topic=571.0
QuoteLicense of anti-wpe/rpe and bot protection from Game Fort: 290$/440$ yearly.
I downloaded openkore again, and had no problems getting the bot to work on the server. Havn't tried WPE, but http://www.luminaro.net/forum/index.php?topic=1348.0 makes it look like there's not much preventing it either.

A smart investment.
:3

Usagimimi

Apparently LuminaRO is infested with dupers, too. I had people coming to OracleRO saying "We left LuminaRO because of the duping there".

What do you think?

Orange

Quote from: Yusifer on Nov 09, 2009, 11:46 PM
Apparently LuminaRO is infested with dupers, too. I had people coming to OracleRO saying "We left LuminaRO because of the duping there".

What do you think?

That was just today, angra manyu and MvP cards popping up everywhere.

But yes, where do you think someone gets 30k poison bottles? Adhelle supposedly got Gamefort to stop it, but the amount of illegit items that are on the server already is probably enormous.
http://tinypic.com/r/2i07m1s/4

Usagimimi

omg o_O Unless that's a donation, that's proof of some weird heck hacks going on there.

Orange

Quote from: Yusifer on Nov 09, 2009, 11:55 PM
omg o_O Unless that's a donation, that's proof of some weird heck hacks going on there.

Yeah, happened to another server I was on.. just a bit worse(Every character being renamed to another RO servers website, and the items were in the thousands)

Final

There was a really easy way yo dupe items with a common program.  My friend awhile back made like 6k flowers lol...

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

Orange

Quote from: Final on Nov 09, 2009, 11:57 PM
There was a really easy way yo dupe items with a common program.  My friend awhile back made like 6k flowers lol...

I don't know any current ways to dupe, though I have done it in the past.

What I want to know is where you grab an Angra Manyu from, with it not being obtainable(And Adhelle said there was no @item #item @produce or #produce commands in the logs, so it just... appeared)

Final

O_O That's wow lol...Injection maybe?

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

Usagimimi

Puzzling, eh?

That server is broken.

Orange

Broken beyond a repair, a wipe would be the only thing that could fix the illegit items, and then it's goodbye playercount.

Also, from the skill of the players I would say noone can take on bio3, I mean only recently beelze got killed and yet I've seen a +7 CK

Usagimimi

Rofl I'm glad I didn't play there lik 2 months ago ):

lrellok

OK, i am only one of the Forum Mods for Lumina, so i cannot make any official statements on luminas behalf.  Also, i have no idea who deleted the post, but i saw it shortly after you posted.  

To the best of my knowledge, everyone who had PB (10) boxes in the multiple hundreds got banhammered after the rollback, there have been a few posts about it on forums.  Item Databases rock that way.

Neonpunishement, you have more posts then half the forum combined and a karma rating of -120% and you don't understand why ppl have mentally censored you from their viewing of the forums?  Honestly, this is the epitome of the boy who cried wolf.  You yelled about so many completely irrelevant things that when you finally said something important, everyone was used to ignoring you.  

To the best of my knowledge, ALL illegal items where either taken off by the roll back or IP bans.  I personally check the vendors twice a day and monitor the forums when ever i am at home (i technically leave them up in a window 24/7, i am just not always at my computer).  ANY reports of duping, hacking, botting or other illegal activities are brought immediately to an ingame GM's attention.  Unfortunately, no GM was online at the time I noticed Neons report, and i do not have in game power due to our anti corruption system.

The staff of lumina are all working very hard to ensure fair play for all participants.  
The most dangerous thing a GM can do is to play NPC combatants as if they have brains, goals, and the desire to remain alive.
-Abulafia from WOTC boards

I have not failed, I have simply found 10,000 ways that don't work. -Thomas Edison

Orange

Quote from: lrellok on Nov 10, 2009, 12:29 AM
Neonpunishement, you have more posts then half the forum combined and a karma rating of -120% and you don't understand why ppl have mentally censored you from their viewing of the forums?  Honestly, this is the epitome of the boy who cried wolf.  You yelled about so many completely irrelevant things that when you finally said something important, everyone was used to ignoring you.  

That's 1 issue, half adressed.

IP banning someone for picking up items? I knew they were illegit, and reported them, Pakito did not and was banned.

That's not how you deal with things.

If the GM team thinks with this mentality(Those people hate him, he is lying/ima just ignore him) then the server is destined to fail. When someone who isn't very liked reports a bot is he going to be ignored?

You could not find a single person I have talked to ingame that does not love me, if we were to hold a poll on the forums it would show that I am highly liked, karma and postcount means nothing.

QuoteModerators: lilkitty, lrellok
That's the report section, either lilkitty or a GM deleted my post. If it was a GM that seems like butthurt sabotage to me, delete my report then go and tell Adhelle I hold illegit items. Or Adhelle did it to get rid of me, though we'll have to wait for her to respond here or for me to get a chance to talk to her.. which seems unlikely to happen.

Also how can you be sure they were all the illegit items? Duping/hacking could of happened since day 1, I mean it took them a day+ after the hacker started dropping stuff to ban(instead of removing the items) me who had the PB's, theres still someone who was just selling 800 poison bottles and plenty of others throughout the server, goes to show how much you know.

Usagimimi

For all you know, Orange was -Karma'd because people couldn't accept reason. People get pissed that they're wrong and -Karma someone. That doesn't prove anything.

markaizer

It can be duping or maybe item hacking + duping. I got the same problem a month ago when a player from closed NFRO is able to get anything and gave it to his Guild. If he didn't try to get an Item that wasn't released for Quest I won't notice all of his items are hacked as if he has @item. The Hacker got caught and admitted what he did was hacking it can be the same thing for Lumina who knows, since they can't duplicate something that they don't have at least the GM will give it to them or they will hack it from the servers database.

Orange

Quote from: markaizer on Nov 10, 2009, 12:48 AM
It can be duping or maybe item hacking + duping. I got the same problem a month ago when a player from closed NFRO is able to get anything and gave it to his Guild. If he didn't try to get an Item that wasn't released for Quest I won't notice all of his items are hacked as if he has @item. The Hacker got caught and admitted what he did was hacking it can be the same thing for Lumina who knows, since they can't duplicate something that they don't have at least the GM will give it to them or they will hack it from the servers database.

Yeah, it would be from hacking the DB unless there's a program that can just make an item appear, as there were no logs of @item

But that's all offtopic I guess >.>

I added this to the original post, I found it unbelievably funny.

http://www.luminaro.net/forum/index.php?topic=571.0
QuoteLicense of anti-wpe/rpe and bot protection from Game Fort: 290$/440$ yearly.
I downloaded openkore again, and had no problems getting the bot to work on the server. Havn't tried WPE, but http://www.luminaro.net/forum/index.php?topic=1348.0 makes it look like there's not much preventing it either.

A smart investment.

markaizer

Lumina already have game fort? if yes then I won't invest for game fort lol.

Orange

Quote from: markaizer on Nov 10, 2009, 12:55 AM
Lumina already have game fort? if yes then I won't invest for game fort lol.

It might stop a bit, doesn't do anything to WPE/openkore it seems, but if you wanna fork out $440 a year...

markaizer

I see, Game Fort emailed me about it before, I am here searching atm if there's anyone who has game fort already and how was it for them So I'll know if I won't be wasting my players money for Game Fort in the future.

adhelle

-We had a rollback of 2 days right on the beggining of the server, because sql server went down while server kept running normally and I didnt realize, so it stopped saving all information.

-MvP cards were never 0.5%, where did this come from? Server started with 0.25%. Which after few days of opened was changed to 0.1%. Noone had MvP cards at the time, only few mini-bosses, I checked on DB.

-About the dupe/hack issue. I know how it happens. Its not a hack inside the database, neither @item, and it can create any items. Its made using WPE+ eathena exploit. Changing the item id of the reward you will receive right before it gives to you. I saw it happening. A helper player showed it to me. Maybe you dont know, it calls dealing with things fast. LOTS of servers die because admins dont give a damn to it, and will only do a search on logs (and thats freaking boring to do) after monthes the problem happened. leading to a wipe (see NFRO and others). Acting right on the time calls efficiency. I made a 10 hours rollback to before the incident happened. And ipbanned the involved people in the WpE/exploiting. Notice that players not related to it (e.g. Pakito) are NOT banned. Who picked items on floor, not knowing what it was about. 99% of items exploited were deleted due to the rollback, which is great. The other 1% is being deleted via log searchs, which is ,again, the hell for an admin. And I'm doing that. So please do not talk about things that you dont know about. Reading eathena forums at this time is also a good option.

-About GameFort. I contacted them at the same time to buy their services. Im just waiting their response. I dont have it yet. Hope to have it in few days at max, since the problem is yes, related to WPE.

-The most important in these kind of situation is finding how it happened and eliminating the possibility of happening again. Which I've done. The involved part of eathena that allows the exploit was edited, and fixed by me and my team.

-Noone deleted your post. There were severa posts about the same subject. It calls merge topics. Just look again, its there somewhere.

-About players that are still banned and did not made the exploit, only bought/picked items. Thats because Im still verifying the items, clearing if theres anything illegal, then unbanning. Just be patient.

-I know getting banned is awful makes u pissed and make a 20/100 review. But you could always have talked to me.

Orange

Quote-MvP cards were never 0.5%, where did this come from? Server started with 0.25%. Which after few days of opened was changed to 0.1%. Noone had MvP cards at the time, only few mini-bosses, I checked on DB.

I said double rate event.

And that reminds me, I forgot to add communication problems where posts would seem to be half read, some threads being locked when the issue hasn't been dealt with, etc.
-I know getting banned is awful makes u pissed and make a 20/100 review. But you could always have talked to me.

Yeah, sorry I should of just gone ingame and used @requ- oh wait. Also I lost a level 80 star glad that I didn't care about and had another account, so I don't think it caused my review being bad.

Quote-Noone deleted your post. There were severa posts about the same subject. It calls merge topics. Just look again, its there somewhere.
The post that was deleted was deleted the day before those topics popped up, it had this picture-
http://i35.tinypic.com/2rnu6v4.jpg
Along with me saying that Pakito picked them up.

Pakito and I held all 3k poison bottles for over a day before they got spread, all 3k across 2 accounts for over a day, the forum post was deleted, they started getting spread and now several people have to wait for you to remove them individually. Along with people losing money(X buys them off Y and X loses them, Y now has X's money, etc)
Issue ignored > gets out of hand > deal with it now I guess.

That's the ban issue sorted(poorly,) atleast.

adhelle

Quote from: Orange on Nov 13, 2009, 09:52 PM
Quote-MvP cards were never 0.5%, where did this come from? Server started with 0.25%. Which after few days of opened was changed to 0.1%. Noone had MvP cards at the time, only few mini-bosses, I checked on DB.

I said double rate event.
Well said. It was an event where I increased all rates for 2 days. Even though, noone had MvP cards when I decided to change that drop rate. So I still dont know why did you decide to keep this discussion...

Yeah, sorry I should of just gone ingame and used @requ- oh wait. Also I lost a level 80 star glad that I didn't care about and had another account, so I don't think it caused my review being bad.
I know thats not what happened.

Quote-Noone deleted your post. There were severa posts about the same subject. It calls merge topics. Just look again, its there somewhere.
The post that was deleted was deleted the day before those topics popped up, it had this picture-
http://i35.tinypic.com/2rnu6v4.jpg
Along with me saying that Pakito picked them up.
I do remember I saw your post. http://www.luminaro.net/forum/index.php?topic=1351.0 This topic shows I checked it. As I said to you before, GM secret tried merging your post with someone elses. I dont know but maybe he deleted it by accident. Anyways, we saw it and acted over it, and you know that.

Pakito and I held all 3k poison bottles for over a day before they got spread, all 3k across 2 accounts for over a day, the forum post was deleted, they started getting spread and now several people have to wait for you to remove them individually. Along with people losing money(X buys them off Y and X loses them, Y now has X's money, etc)
Issue ignored > gets out of hand > deal with it now I guess.
I solved this issue with Pakito long ago. Again, please dont come here to talk about things you dont know, or reposting your last post that makes no sense at all.

Orange

QuoteI do remember I saw your post. http://www.luminaro.net/forum/index.php?topic=1351.0 This topic shows I checked it. As I said to you before, GM secret tried merging your post with someone elses. I dont know but maybe he deleted it by accident. Anyways, we saw it and acted over it, and you know that.

that is not the post I'm talking about, for the 2nd or 3rd time. It was deleted, not moved, not merged with another topic. It was also posted way before that, before the server was hacked, before anyone had any idea(aside from the people doing it) that there were illegit items popping up. It was then... deleted

QuoteWell said. It was an event where I increased all rates for 2 days.
was a week, jim

QuoteI know thats not what happened.
wait

wat

And at the last comment, it's not about Pakito or me, it's about you. You did a lazy donkey job at preventing the items being spread,  I mean they were in the game since the date on my first screenshot that shows them on the floor up to about a day after the rollback, getting spread etc. I know for a fact Pakito made a s*** from it, I made 50+mil, other people lost money(Bought heaps off me > get removed)

So no, you did not solve "this" issue long ago, it was like a day ago, half assed and not even properly solved. Not to mention it could of EASILY been prevented.

adhelle

if you think its easy, why dont you try making your own server ;)

And no it wasnt 1 day ago. 1 day ago I remembered i had to close pakitos thread. Why dont you try asking pakito instead of bothering me?

About your forum post in there, you are not even reading my post or the things you even quoted, so i wont bother writing in this thread again.

ScoobyDoo

You're choosing to reply to this server review, and if it is bothering you as specified why don't you just ignore it? Instead, you're adding fuel to the fire, and not creating a positive image for your server. The action you took with this entire situation was poor, point blank period. I will not justify my opinion as it is my outlook from a third party aspect. This isn't the FBI: "Shoot now, ask questions later."

Furthermore, why wasn't there any notification toward the alleged victim about the subtle "merging" of the said topic? Wouldn't it be wise to justify your actions so this wouldn't be the ultimatum? Also, I highly doubt someone would just give up looking for their post if they couldn't see the topic right away in the forum and let us not forget there is something called post history, and other searching related options. That's just my two cents on the situation, regardless, if it was deleted or not.

Orange

Quote from: adhelle on Nov 14, 2009, 04:11 PM
if you think its easy, why dont you try making your own server ;)

Easy to what?
About your forum post in there, you are not even reading my post or the things you even quoted, so i wont bother writing in this thread again.

I will now check, for the 15th time.

http://www.luminaro.net/forum/index.php?topic=1351.0

HMM, MY POST THAT I'M TALKING ABOUT ISN'T THERE. Nice merge powers.

tracer

Man, I learn something new everyday. Whenever someone dupe on your server, ban everyone and then proceed to spending $400 dollars on a prevention program that might not work.
Quote from: Final on Nov 29, 2009, 04:58 AM
Skills aren't exactly needed to run a server however they are good to run an excellent server.
Close your eyes and smash your keyboard. You're doing just fine.
Quote from: Final on Dec 12, 2009, 10:45 PM
@tracer Damn so badass!!
Yeah!
Quote from: tracer on Dec 14, 2009, 05:48 PM
Mission Accomplished!
Someone's got to say it.
Quote from: Ironic on Dec 14, 2009, 05:48 PM
Temjin - Seems like anything that comes out of your mouth is a swing at somebody here.
4444 Quotes.