EssenceRO Review

Started by kiravalentine, Apr 20, 2012, 10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiravalentine

Quote from: Chiffon Fairchild on May 24, 2012, 02:52 AM
LOL Kira!!
/pif well err... terri wasnt simply there to witness i guess, n replied based on ur SS so i dun
think there is any contradictions. and he just merely thought of another possibilities that could
haf lead to that situation... so thts the "what if"

oh well, nuttin much to say, im just temporary out of eRO until further improvement is done... ><
its just too stagnant at the mean time  /sob

and lets just haf make peace alright? chill~  /no1

/ho
I'm cool. You're right Chiffon, the server is too stagnant. I'm doing the same thing as you are.
There's nothing much to do in eRO nowadays. I just login, chat with some of my friends, watch
for improvements and wait for the admins to track me (lol). Anyway on a serious note, the
noticeable improvement is a much more civilized and helpful #main. The lag on the other hand,
is getting unbearable. You notice anything about the lag?? They say its with the server hosting
and I hope this gets fixed soon.

Chiffon Fairchild

yeah i know about the lag... i just login once in a while now n well... watching for now..
lets hope it get fixed soon~ /heh

i still haf irl friends there.. so i still get news of its improvement.. previous maintainance was ok etc... just waiting for some new things to pop that might interest me.. to get back there xD

kiravalentine

The lag have reduced or are completely gone. Other from that, none of the gameplay problems
posted earlier are fixed. I updated my second post (Reply #1) with a screenshot at the bottom.
Most of my sources have left this server so there won't be much screenshots in the future. If you
notice any positive/negative changes, feel free to post it here.

P/S: Anyone know any servers which retain the job skills and the originality of its items? Thanks in advance.

kiravalentine

Avoiding IP Ban
First you might ask, how is this post relevant to my review of EssenceRO? Well, judge a server by
the way they deal with feedbacks. Ban people for sending reviews/feedbacks or work for improvements?
After repeated failures to track me down with, err 5 clicks or a couple more, Tira is trying to get the job
done herself. Take a closer look at the screenshot below and at the same time I'll show future reviewers
in RMS forum on how to avoid IP ban from biased owners/gms.

HowTo
You start to write reviews for your current server.  Everything went smoothly until one day without
warning, your account got banned. You then create a new account to login but you couldn't. What you
are faced with is called an IP ban. So how do reviewers avoid an IP ban? First I'll show you how
biased owners/gms can get your IP, even if you keep a low profile in your current server. A message
from Tira (previous owner of EssenceRO) was left in my rms forum account.

Message from Tira

Question
If Tira really read my review, she should know I'm not the real kira. Why still pretend that I am?
Why tell me that her chances of logging into rms in the future is slim and gave me her email with a
meek & submissive tone "if you want to email me there".

Answer
RMS forum's messages do not display senders' IP address to receivers thus Tira will have to lure me
into emailing her. Then retrieve my ip from my email's header.  Using that information, she can finally
IP ban me in eRO. To non technical readers, an email header contains information such as sender's email
and ip, one or more recipient, date and subject. This email header can be easily retrieved, whether you
are using web based email or POP3/IMAP servers.

Conclusion
If you want to make or post any reviews, create an account solely for that purpose, example "Mr. Reviewer".
Avoid emailing and revealing that you are "Mr. Reviewer", to anyone who tries to lure you by sending a
message to your rms forum account.
/no1

yC

Okay I didn't read most of the posts in this topic.  But I find it interesting that Tira was actually here for a moment after the MIA call for many years. 

In reply to the previous post, to my knowledge, if you do not use your own mail server but use a public mail service such as gmail/hotmail/yahoo, your email header will not show your IP address at all.  The email header can only trace to the IP address of the sender's mail server (that would be IPs of google/msn/yahoo).  There is nothing to worry about.  That fails your luring logic.

My biggest question is, where is Tira going to ban you from?  I mean isn't the server changed hand a long time ago?  She is still in control behind the scene?

kiravalentine

It looks like you are right on the email part. The only way to trace the sender's IP is if the sender uses
own mail server to send his/her email to any web based or POP3/IMAP server. So in this case she might
be hoping I will email her from my own email server. And if I don't, there are other ways of obtaining
my IP address, such as inviting me to EssenceRO's IRC server or through Yahoo/MSN messenger.

For Tira to ban me, she can hand my IP address to the current owner of EssenceRO. There must be some
incentive and reason for her to respond to my review. Otherwise why bother to message me at all, knowing
that I'm not the real kira. Is she trying to protect her hard work or part of the donation money which she
still receives? We may not know.

Chiffon Fairchild

o.0

well, better not b assuming, just maybe she really might mistook u as the real kira or something
u could always reply with public email or so.

in any case, well... just dun b thinkin that they are all out to hunt u down
and as u said most of ur friends already left... so why care? just dun bother about it

kiravalentine

Naw I really dont care if she ban me. I'm just helping future reviewers to avoid retaliation and harassment.
Finally I figured it out !!!

If I email Tira, that would show my email address. She then can check EssenceRO's records for any player with
that email address. From there onwards, its not difficult to get my IP as well.

/no1

DeadOwnz

Its crazy how corrupt a server can be and what secrets it hides. Its amazing people can get this information out.
Pre-RO

Saiku

What? fake kiravalentine, learn what is going on in EssenceRO.
Tira's GM account is permabanned, how the f*** she can ban you? >_>

kiravalentine

Quote from: DeadOwnz on Aug 07, 2012, 11:59 PM
Its crazy how corrupt a server can be and what secrets it hides. Its amazing people can get this information out.

This will give the readers an understanding of what is going on behind EssenceRO.  /...

kiravalentine

Quote from: Saiku on Aug 08, 2012, 06:18 AM
What? fake kiravalentine, learn what is going on in EssenceRO.
Tira's GM account is permabanned, how the f*** she can ban you? >_>

Ohai there Saiku. Sorry for the late reply, I didn't saw your post earlier.
Whether Tira is permabanned or fake-a-banned, that doesn't really matter.
For her to ban me, please refer to post #67. As for how she can f***(excuse the profanity)
and ban me at the same time, I have absolutely no idea. ^_^

kiravalentine

Updated:
What the ...
This decoy account belonged to one of my team members. He/she contributed many screenshots of
gm being biased, having child sex discussions, harrasing and racism as seen in the first page of this review.
In the end this decoy account got banned for revealing the server owner's dirty secrets.

In post #19, I provided a screenshot to prove that EssenceRO's owner, Paradox924x is lying. Although
the screenshot remained, the actual page on eathena's forum has been deliberately removed.
http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?showtopic=286265

I didn't know why untill I re-examine DeePee's post #4 and after I found this: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paradox924x
Apparently the owner of EssenceRO & eAthena are the same person and he is desperately trying to stop us from exposing his dirty secrets.

On the good side and after a really really long wait, BG is fixed. Both Tierra and Flavius are running. However some minor bugs
still remain and there are no broadcaster for BG yet.

Sadmoto

Im glad I saw this thread, I was just about to waste the time for me and my friend to download and start playing. Won't bother with this lost cause. xD

nychthemeron

looks like essence ro has another psycho. tira hasn't even looked at the server since 4 years ago.. there's some bad and good things about this server, but this server has also retained most of its core staff. their 3rd job development remains at a standstill but much improvement has happened since most of the staff have now finished college. it's mainly detail work rather than actual content development, but hats spew from the server still so i'm happy. players are more updated now as well in regards to what the staff are up to.

unfortunately players here think that by donating they feel like they have an advantage or favoritism here. yeah good luck with that one. i've gotten so many @requests, "gm y am i banned? i donator" this is the most uncorrupt staff i have ever seen. if you want a corrupt staff, go elsewhere.

third job - almost non existent 5/10
community - full of trolls with the occasional nice guy 7/10
hats - 9001/10