DivinityRO

Started by Spirit of Amiga, Mar 26, 2012, 08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of Amiga

Hello there everyone. I found this server at RMS lists while it was almost at the beginning, right now this server is #1. Playing at this server since 07 October 2011. I will try to review this server at it best.

Availability and Stability:

Actually very well stability but the problem is, don't know why but I'm almost always lagging only at battlegrounds and war of emperium. With PvM and at PvP everything is always fine and I'm sure with my internet is everything okey. Sometimes server goes down for no reason and after some minutes server up again, I'm okey with that, nothing much. As of now the page has always been online and the forums are always open. Every community suggestion so far has been replied by the admins, which denotes an active and eager to help staff base.

Community and Economy:

The community is pretty nice when you get to know people. They're fun to hang out with, mvping, woeing, pvping with teamspeak, pretty fun. There are some "Pinoys" who always troll about skills and professional game play, flame also but not all Pinoys and of course there are some European players who like to troll too. Almost all questions about the server or game mechanics got answered pretty quickly on #main channel. Economy is very fine, you can buy donation items for zeny like LBH, I LOVE CHINA for about 150-200m. Economy is good at the moment.

Game Masters and Donations:

The GMs have been friendly, open to suggestions and they are online almost every time. You can contact them via MSN, In-Game or even via TeamSpeak server. Most of the fixes and updates have been by suggestions and bug reporting of the players. Don't know if it's me but I was ignored by main administrator almost all the time with my suggestions which is why I am very sad, suggestions was actually pretty nice. Also, there extremely a lot of "Trial" GMs, don't understand why so many? GM's events is kinda childish like answer a question, found me, guess the monster. I would prefer GvG's, PvP's events. Everything else with game masters is fine, respect 4 you guys. What about donations, I know there are some headgears which you can afford only via donation which is sad. Other items is fine.

Competition - PvP,BG,WoE.

Okay, let's start. There is an average of three guilds fighting for an agit and only one is always competing - High Society. Other guilds trying to kill somebody but they fail and then they never try to kill again, why? Game masters should make some rewards for playing war of emperium, that's for sure. Battlegrounds is fine but main problem is - battlegrounds ain't active because of "no randomizer" (just suggested, waiting for admins respond). Always playing Tierra DOM - 5vs5, so boring and we all need supplies, right? PvP is fun but with LINK enabled which is very abused. Everything else is fine.

I liked this server from the start, I've leaved two times this server and I'm back again because I really do love this server. Thank you Cookie for such a server, just make it more competitive and more fun. Let's bring competitive WoE out of the shadows and into the spotlight and to maximise its potential on a global scale together!

Silverbaine

Laggy at WOE times? not entirely unusual as most servers seem to lag at WOE time.
and alot of times GMs do not like to host pvp events solely for main reason that the same players will win every time due to better gears, cards whatever. So they host mostly games of luck, as Luck is more fair for everybody, new players and old.
personally for servers I have staffed on, I hated hosting pvp events, unless it was some kind of novice pvp with easy to get items and cards only allowed.(No MVP cards, no hard to get customs/gears.) So Yes I can see why they host mainly what you call childish events. If you want PVP so bad, go to a pvp room... of course thats just my opinion, and to each thier own... but yea.
Xarale ~ As others have said, I do believe this topic is done now.  Therfore I shall be closing it, because I'm sexy.

Cawliflower

Thanks Spirit of Amiga.

I appreciate the review. Areas that you pointed out, I am always looking for suggestions. Through the last month and a half, I've been very MIA back in the "scenes". The reason is a lot of my time I've been dedicated to ensuring day-to-day operations are carried through as well as development is going smoothly. I will admit it has been very crazy. However, rest assure we'll continue to listen to the community, analyze our options and carry out our goals for the success of the server and enjoyment of the players.

Appreciate it,
-Cookie
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

Silverbaine

What a mature sounding Server Owner. ;)
Xarale ~ As others have said, I do believe this topic is done now.  Therfore I shall be closing it, because I'm sexy.

scio

Edit: This has been resolved.

This is DivinityRO's #2 in command GM. The server itself is great, that is if you never have to deal with Inny.
[color=#888]tell me how my nature feels[/color]

D1gITaLMaYhEm

Quote from: scio on Apr 30, 2012, 12:18 AM

This is DivinityRO's #2 in command GM. The server itself is great, that is if you never have to deal with Inny.

/omg that was quite unprofessional  but maybe inny was just having a bad day? did you try to appeal your ban or report this to the head admin cookie.?

scio

Quote from: D1gITaLMaYhEm on Apr 30, 2012, 05:09 AM
/omg that was quite unprofessional  but maybe inny was just having a bad day? did you try to appeal your ban or report this to the head admin cookie.?

Nah, this is just the usual way Inny "deals" with players who happen to annoy him for whatever reason, deserved or not. I don't care about the ban, I do care about the unprofessional attitude from the #2 GM on a server that would otherwise be great. If he was having a bad day, he seems to have a lot of bad days.. some of my guildmates who have never been banned or got in any sort of trouble are thinking about quitting specifically because of Inny's attitude.

I actually would prefer to keep this in-house on dRO forums, as I'm not a fan of starting RMS server-drama.. but my posts were deleted. In fact, dRO has a "GM Feedback" forum in which all the negative ratings are deleted... go figure..  /hmm

Some context: Kaizel works within WoE mechanics in dRO currently. This was reported roughly a month ago and said to be fixed by Cookie. A party in BG were abusing it yesterday, and I said something like "x team is so bad they abuse kaizel and still lose" in #main, Inny said to not trashtalk in #main and that Kaizel works in BG but not WoE. I said he doesn't know what he's talking about (it is confirmed to currently work in both, and BG uses WoE mechanics). I never swore at him or anything, just said he wasn't listening to what I was saying. I guess that makes it okay to tell a player to go f*** himself. Nothing new from Inny though.

Audrey Hepburn

DivinityRO is a decent server.

The only downside is the highly unprofessional GM staff, especially Inny. It's rather disgusting how Cookie allows him to get away with the stuff he does. I wonder when it is he'll realize Inny has become a liability for his server. I've spoken to some people who have actually left DivinityRO because of it, myself included.

On another note, the server's stability is awful. The DDoS attacks have apparently been going on since February? That should've honestly been taken care of by now, but the entire GM team just likes to shove everything under the rug and pretend everything is alright.

D1gITaLMaYhEm

Quote from: Audrey Hepburn on Apr 30, 2012, 08:46 AM
DivinityRO is a decent server.

The only downside is the highly unprofessional GM staff, especially Inny. It's rather disgusting how Cookie allows him to get away with the stuff he does. I wonder when it is he'll realize Inny has become a liability for his server. I've spoken to some people who have actually left DivinityRO because of it, myself included.

On another note, the server's stability is awful. The DDoS attacks have apparently been going on since February? That should've honestly been taken care of by now, but the entire GM team just likes to shove everything under the rug and pretend everything is alright.

I was a GM on DivinityRO once and i  can say i definitely do not agree with how stuff is run. BUT DDoS attacks are not that easy to prevent and any dedicated person is more then capable of DDoSing a server no matter what counter measures are taken,i still do read the forums regularly and it seems Cookie has tried he's best to prevent this.

Cawliflower

Hello,

This issue has been communicated with me by the poster of that screenshot. I will take care of it. The context of the screenshot didn't incorporate the entire conversation. Inny was passing the message across that "being a donator isn't a free pass to be an a******". A lot of the community does over-exaggerate and it can be quite overwhelming.

Going forward, make sure you communicate these kinds of things with the owner of the server instead of e-mailing me, IMing me and then deciding since I didn't respond in 10 seconds total, that you'd post it on Rate My Server. Give me a second to breath and reply. It isn't the end of the world.

Thanks for the post,
-Cookie

This has been taken care of. Click here.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

scio

Inny has indeed been dealt with. Thanks Cookie. :)

Like I said in another review, 'DivinityRO would be the best server ever if not for one GM [Inny]'... well...

Attax

Well, it's not Cookies fault that Inny is corrupt GM. Good luck searching a new ones and a professional ones.
Proud to be kicked out of RivalRO staff.

Triper

Corrupt isn't the same as being bad. Prove it or just think better about the words you choose next time you describe someone...

If you have nothing to corroborate it let's just stay there and tag it as "He was a bad GM". This is a review section neither the less.

Attax

Well, I wont prove anything because he is allready fired. And yeah, I know what means "bad gm" and what means "corrupt gm". Next time Cookie you should listen players from the start, anyway good luck.
Proud to be kicked out of RivalRO staff.

Icymyst

Well

Here's to a server where the Host Made you hold your breath, and robbed you blind...

http://forums.divinityro.com/index.php?/topic/1961-i-regret-to-inform-you-of-what-you-already-know/

Thank you Cookie, for robbing Me, Kobe, and a Bunch of others of the cash we actually WORK FOR while you sit around, play with the dog you brought with our money, and bounced without even TELLING US you left the server.

Thank You GM-Peach for actually having the balls to come forward and give us the news and the chance of the messenger getting shot haha.

Cawliflower: I really hope, that no one ever falls for your crap, you provided a server, provided us ways to donate, then shut the server down without caring about what our money went to....

Annie Felis

Quote from: Icymyst on May 11, 2012, 11:08 PM
Well

Here's to a server where the Host Made you hold your breath, and robbed you blind...

http://forums.divinityro.com/index.php?/topic/1961-i-regret-to-inform-you-of-what-you-already-know/

Thank you Cookie, for robbing Me, Kobe, and a Bunch of others of the cash we actually WORK FOR while you sit around, play with the dog you brought with our money, and bounced without even TELLING US you left the server.

Thank You GM-Peach for actually having the balls to come forward and give us the news and the chance of the messenger getting shot haha.

Cawliflower: I really hope, that no one ever falls for your crap, you provided a server, provided us ways to donate, then shut the server down without caring about what our money went to....

It's gone, in fact there's nothing left of the forums.  What did it say?  I mean obviously the server is gone.

Raruri

Gee, who didn't see this coming?

papachan

Quote from: Annie Felis on May 12, 2012, 02:09 AM
It's gone, in fact there's nothing left of the forums.  What did it say?  I mean obviously the server is gone.
I too wish to know how GM peach saved the players of divinity.

Usagimimi

Spoiler

[close]

Cookie posted a resume here on RMS and removed the server from the listings before posting on dRO about anything. GM Peach was the first to inform players about these two things. About an hour or so later, Cookie came forward to let everyone know, but he deleted the topic in the process. Then he brought the boards down.

Cawliflower

All I have to say is that the reason I hadn't posted the announcement on the DivRO forums was because it was difficult to ponder what to say. I loved the server. What's the big deal? I clearly wrote who I was in the application and honestly I was sure someone from DivRO, as larger as it is, would see it. Thanks for the wall of screenshots. Nothing to hide, that's the reasoning though.

Peace out.

Triper

No, we're not going to start a new divinityRO drama topic. If the server is now dead then is dead and that's it.
Maybe it wasn't the best way to announce the end but remember the fun you guys had there at least while it lasted and the time the admin team used to provide you that because nobody will take that from you.

If someone wants to discuss about money that admins get as a profit and what happens to it then make a new topic in here.

If someone wants to be in contact with the players from there then make a new topic in here or use this one made with the post from scio that says that his guild is hosting a forum where the players from DivinityRO can be in touch.

Go, Alpaca!! Use Talk!!