Deviruchi Club

Started by notlikethat, Feb 28, 2023, 09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notlikethat

Whats up guys.
Many of you guys may or may not have seen the Youtube Channel called Lord Knight Necri. A guy who's making short & neat videos for people who like a casual playstyle.
Recently he had started to promote a server called Deviruchi Club, opening in a couple days (currently in beta)

The Discord is literally popping off with joiners like I've never seen any other RO Server Discord before.
The Rates and the Episode, as well as the Custom content, like Warper, Healer, Autoloot & co. make a very sweet foundation for a mid-rate server like that.

BUT

A closer look at the concept of the server screams at you :
$$$$$$$CASHGRAB$$$$$$

There are items like:
Bloody Branches
Bubble Gums
Field Manuals (He did say that those will not be available at the start of the server, but that they will eventually)
Gym pass

Common iRO Cashshop headgears like:
Ship Captains Hat
Robo Eyes
Ramen Hat
and many more.

Basically a best in slot headgear for almost every class that you can buy for.
As it seems, the prices will range from 5$ ~ 15$ per headgear.
They are also, cash shop exclusive. They have to be bought from the cash shop, in order to get them into the game.

But not only that. The Cashpoints are tradeable. So not only that the admin apparently tries to milk people like crazy, it is even more encouraging to cash in and buy your whole gear etc in exchange for your money.

You can buy Infinite Flywings, 1 fly wing that costs Cash Points but works infinitely and weights nothing.
EXCEPT THAT
They only last 2 Days. So in order to have that quality of life effect, that you really dont want to miss out on anymore, once you tried it. You will have to Donate for it every 2 days.

So. Honestly, this is just the average SEA or South American RO-Server experience, right? I guess so. The problem here that I see is, that people are tricked into believing this is a reputable server, co-owned by a guy with more than 100k views on his videos, who seems to be creating content of a game that he loves and to share that with the people.

I was really excited at first, gave the server the benefit of the doubt and tried the beta. I read some of the Discord and realized that people are trying to justify and rationalize this concept of cashgrabing, when its insanely over the top. Bloody Branches, or QoL Subscriptions. It is ridiculous.

Sidenote:
No Gepard Shield / Anti-cheat system.
Very awful proxys that don't really seem to do anything for most people (CTRL+F in Discord and you will see what I mean)
An Admin, that doesn't really seem to have a greater concept he follows
On mvps, there's anarchy. You can grief as much as you like without any limitations, as they stated in the rules, that GMs "will never get involved in dirty tactics"

Some of this might not actually be that bad, but I just felt like being a Randall making this post to inform about this server.

ostip

This thread reminds me of the recent debacle thread about PA (https://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-reviews/project-alfheim-is-p2w/) in which the author makes reasonable points but is also incredibly condescending and antagonistic which completely undermines his or her credibility. Even if the message is right, the messenger is wrong.

Should bloody branches, tokens of siegfried, and bubblegum be available in the cash shop at any point? Ideally, no.
Is it good that high-end headgears can be purchased from the cash shop? Obviously not.
Does pay-to-win damage the integrity and longevity of every server that has it? Yes it does.

Does over-monetization make something a cash grab? No. It doesn't invalidate the dozens of hours that Geb has spent working on a server. I can all but guarantee that if he just wanted money, he could pick up a side-gig and make several times more. It constitutes a bad decision from an inexperienced server owner who has historically only run small, invite-only servers.

I'm guessing that you are Pumpernickel (and that you sometimes post on your alt account, Kurribooh) on Discord? Just a guess based on general demeanor, word choice and writing style. Here are a few examples: there are a handful of words that you treat as a proper noun in a way that is unusual ("Cashshop", for instance). You omit the space in some words ("reallife" is one). You like the phrase "& co". 

When you were fuming over the possible presence of bubblegum, did you notice that a guy slid in a left a message to the effect of "everyone who is unconcerned about bubblegum now will be concerned with inflation in a month's time", and got almost no pushback and mostly agreement? That is a more effective way to communicate your message than picking petty slap fights with random people on the Discord. Win people over who don't have a strong opinion or who are open to having their minds changed instead of berating people who disagree with you (which will only cause them to dig their heels in deeper).

Since you joined the server, the Discord has been much more lively and much less pleasant. Almost every day I see you getting into petty fights with people. Here are two examples where I think you are correct but you handled disagreement extremely poorly, and in doing so, alienated the person you were arguing with and everyone who ultimately read your message. When you do this, people become hostile to your otherwise good ideas.

None of this is really that bad, but when you are so insistent on making people dislike you, you should not be surprised that people reflexively disagree with you. Relax dude.

niconeitor

This clown always behaves like this, back in aspen grove he was a known bootlicker of a powertripper, ruler bender and gaslighter GM that was shortly fired from the server (RayRay), he'd always attack anyone and everyone that would say anything he'd disagree with (not even in a reasonable way).

Nothing new, extremely hostile, passive agressive, aloof and overall a negative addition to any server's discord.

That being said, i never even saw him actually play the game lmao. 

notlikethat

Hey ostip,

I appreciate your formal statements to the post I have made.

You guessed correctly, that I am Pumpernickel on the Discord. It is not something that I am trying to hide and/or lie about.
Thank you for your constructive criticism on how I should handle things in the Discord, be it suggestions, or just talking about a topic where someone disagrees with me, or a general statement that has been made.
However, this does not have anything to do with the Server itsself, as the settings are a fact that has nothing to do with opinions.

So you generally agreed with the main message I was trying to deliver, which is basically, that the Cashshop is; to put it nicely, not good. But yet you made your response sounds like it is about you having a problem with how I talk about things or handle them.

Yea, you are right. Absolutely right, and I sincerely mean it. I am a Rageboy. When people say 1 + 1 is 4, I can't take it. I can't just let them have it and argue around, why it is 4. People that have no clue about what they are talking about, or trying to ignore facts, just so their opinion would weight more, trigger me. Thats a personal thing I have to deal with every day I am in Discord, reading peoples nonsense.

In the End tho, this topic is not about the Discord. It is not about the Community. It is not about me, or some other guy you are refering me to (Gj on identifying me as Pumpernickel, although its obviously me. But only Pumpernickel)

It is still a fact, that this server is going to be absolutely P2W, apparently using a very old client, and having a lot of other problems that should be adressed.
Gebs has tried to wiggle himself around these answers in the last couple of days and not engaged in any of the conversations, during or after they were held. He has been messaged privately but really not engaged into making real statements.
I asked him, if he doesn't agree, that the server is P2W with the current Cashshop.
His answer was:
"Hello, that's not the goal. [...]"

You said you would guarantee, that if he just wanted money, he could "pick up a side-gig".
The reason I feel this whole server is just a cash grab is, that there is literally just 1 Admin and no other GMs or moderation.
There is no gepard shield or any other anticheat (Gepard is expensive af, so if he would believe and intend to have a long-living server, he would make sure to have this before the server launched, right? But you can assume, that if he already believed this would just be a couple months of easy money, there's no point to get that. No point in having a staff. No point in making things balanced on the long run.
Of course it is very biased and just an assumption until something happens, but you surely can guess intentions, based on the information you get beforehand. Maybe I am biased by all the other South American servers that launch literally the same Concept of a Cashshop.

I really wonder how this is supposed to work on the long run. No Anti-Cheat / Gepard, but also no GMs to make sure there is no bots. How could anyone manage to monitor and deal with all these things alone.
Is it not obiviously not going to work? Me as an Admin, I would ask myself this and know the answer right away, right? You can't. But if you already know, that you are not doing your s*** for the future, but only for the $, then you wouldnt bother.

I know, I know. Assumptions and badthinking. Always thinking and assuming the worst of people. But you can not say, that it I am taking all this out of the blue.

So if I had to guess, you are Souine, right?:D

Anyways, thanks again for your response, but I this thread is merely a review of the server. I think the statements that are made are mainly objective and just telling how the things are. You are trying to discredit my Review on Ratemyserver, by showing my way of talking on Discord. In the end they are still two different things that have nothing to do with each other.
Your whole statements intention is show people how you or probably many others do not like me, but in the end, in your own words, you are undermining my credibility, although you agree with the general statement.
Writing a message on how I should handle things, rather than talking about the review its self, is not helpful for the topic and ultimately not going to change anything on this, nor any other future server.

Peace

notlikethat

Quote from: niconeitor on Mar 01, 2023, 07:07 AM
This clown always behaves like this, back in aspen grove he was a known bootlicker of a powertripper, ruler bender and gaslighter GM that was shortly fired from the server (RayRay), he'd always attack anyone and everyone that would say anything he'd disagree with (not even in a reasonable way).

Nothing new, extremely hostile, passive agressive, aloof and overall a negative addition to any server's discord.

That being said, i never even saw him actually play the game lmao.

Oh jfc xD You are making this very personal here mate. Neither was I a fan of the Admin, nor of that guy RayRay
https://imgur.com/a/GetvgDI

This is part of a convo I had with Desryu then where I already was concerned of that person to be the wrong person to be in charge.
Also you did not seem to know that I was the guy you were playing with Daily, while doing Kiel every couple hours, leeching your friends.
I guess you should've analyzed my style of writing, just like ostip.

niconeitor

Quote from: notlikethat on Mar 01, 2023, 07:39 AM
Oh jfc xD You are making this very personal here mate. Neither was I a fan of the Admin, nor of that guy RayRay
https://imgur.com/a/GetvgDI

This is part of a convo I had with Desryu then where I already was concerned of that person to be the wrong person to be in charge.
Also you did not seem to know that I was the guy you were playing with Daily, while doing Kiel every couple hours, leeching your friends.
I guess you should've analyzed my style of writing, just like ostip.
1. if you were part of noobs then i retract my statement of you not playing the game and i apologize
2. it would have been impossible for me to analize your speech since i only ever partied with you guys once and our interaction was limited to "leave your pt with the dancer"
3. "leeching your friends" makes it seem like you were doing that thing all the time, while we mostly duo'd that boss on cd like 90% of the time
4. your convo with desryu says absolutely nothing, in the discord you were always siding with rayray anyways and even after he got kicked out you were still throwing shade at us by refering to us as "problematic players" and im p sure anyone that was active on the discord for aspen can confirm.
5. i acept my post was very personal because it was written in a hurry but it was what i rememebered at the top of my head at the time but i always saw you having conflicts with p much anyone that posted on the discord more than a few times, but i cannot really saw much about that since i try not to get invested in s*** that doesnt involve me or my friends
6. i agree with everything you said about devi club tbh, its so heavily p2w it most likely wont last, aside from that the barebones stock rAthena client and features with barely any effort makes it even worse

Lordy_J

I wouldn't say it screams cash grab, but the server has no future in my opinion. It seems to be run by someone who had no thought on actually running a server. There is 0 advertisement outside of lord necri YouTube. The Asia VPN was running poorly and rather than fix it, he just opened a second identical server for Asia splitting the player base. There are currently no rules on real money trading so it's perfectly legal to just buy zenny and items with cash. There was nothing done to combat inflation with the increased rates so people already have more than 20 million zenny 3 days after opening. It was stated that donations and cash shop items would not release for 2 weeks to allow for an even 99 race, but 2 days after the server launched donation and cash shop was enabled with the argument being the server launched on a Saturday (week1) and Sunday when the cash shop items were released was the second week.

The same issues come.up.tirm and time again I. The discord and so solutions are pinned instead it's up to community to help new.players. they have MVPs as complete free for all's, so it's perfectly legal to just heal the MVPs and force tele.them so someone else can't kill them.

It's a fine place to waste a few hours but if it lasts 6 months without some major changes, I will be amazed.  I hope they figure things out

Neffletics

It's 2023, and people still haven't learned anything about choosing the right server.
solacero rip

Gene

I came across this server while I was looking for a SG hosted server, so I decided to look it up here on RMS.

It's still up coming close to 2024.

I don't know what to say about the cash shop, it seems pretty tame to me, though I'm not sure yet if they are questable. I currently don't see BB in the cash shop too.

I'll hang around for a bit, I think the community is good too.