AspenGrove (powertripping admin)

Started by 3080Ti, Dec 07, 2022, 05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3080Ti

So I was playing with 2 buddies at Dryads (kill quest), we were all dual-clienting each (6 accounts total), which is allowed.

And to be clear all 3 of us really were actively playing (Sniper, Acolyte, Crusader provoking). The GM teleported to us at some point and of course I figure he might be checking us.
But instead, we get thrown into jail out of nowhere.
I @request asking "why the fk did you jail us"?
He immediately tries to tone police me and pretends that saying "why the fk" is some extremely offensive language.
"You should show respect", clearly not powertripping at all, right?

So we had to wait for like 20 minutes in jail until he finally decides to grace us with our presence.

After yet more waiting he finally verifies that we were indeed 3 people playing together, each using only 1 extra client. So he finally let us out of jail, wow.

Well, almost. Instead of having any semblance of humility after jailing people for no reason, he decides to jail me indefinitely for being "very offensive" (the @request DM's were the only thing I said btw).

Yup, saying "why the fk" in response to an unjustified jail without warning, gets you permanently jailed.

On a side-note, he also tried to claim that "sometimes you get jailed automatically" as a damage control. Except, as I mentioned, we literally saw him watching us lmao.

The GM's proceeded to damage control the whole thing on Discord and say we deserved it for being "suspicious", here's some excerpts:

Spoiler

Note: They are talking about a 24hour ban because when asked how long I got jailed I told them "idk probably 24 hours". I was never actually told a time and @jailtime says it is an indefinite jail so I have to assume it's permanent.

[close]

niconeitor

I wouldnt have minded too much if they didnt react the way they did, the server has only been up for like 2 days so i understand making mistakes.

My gripe with the situation is that, all it took was 1 guy to get angry at our party to get sent to jail for almost 30 minutes with no warning whatsoever
On top of that, saying "why the fk" is 100% doesnt even come close to be worthy of an indefinite jail, we were all angry for the jail time and reacting with a "what the fk" (not even f***) is 100% an understandable reaction, the fact that you have to bow down and take a knee to the gms so they feel good about themselves is f*** nuts.

Hell, im 100% sure we would have laughed at this event if they reacted in a more humble matter.

This only makes me wonder what would have happened if we actually had our full group of friends playing together in a higher level area instead of just the 3 of us.

Lai

who the fk jails 3 players actively gaming without any pre-warning, or at least say something beforehands.

who the fk does that? why the fk....

literary worst for no reason drama for a new startup of a server...lmao.

notlikethat

Place holder. Disclosed message.

baphomet123

It's not about making a mistake, it's literally power abuser.  /heh

Pedacera

Quote from: Lai on Dec 08, 2022, 08:04 AM
who the fk jails 3 players actively gaming without any pre-warning, or at least say something beforehands.

who the fk does that? why the fk....

literary worst for no reason drama for a new startup of a server...lmao.

The cherry on top of this topic.

Pommers

"It's over, next server"
Dude I'm dead  /heh
Too bad there are so many low quality servers opening lately with Staff showing little-to-no professionalism, but hey, people need to know what's happening to avoid these servers in the future. Godspeed

rubie123

Wow. How unprofessional of the admin. /x what are they going to jail every player that throws a 'wtf'? ridiculous lmao. Specially when they are at fault. What a snowflake.
--------------------------------
RMS NEEDS A MAKEOVER!

Shuchou

Oooh hey, that Desryu guy is the one that abandons server after a few weeks of getting money from the cash shop, last server they hosted I knew of was ROstalgia. Was wondering where they went off too.  /heh /heh /heh

Herpderp

Classic RO admin ego.  /heh

I'd love to see that admin defend his stance that "why the fk" deserves permanent or 24 hour or whatever jail here. Come on, coward. /gg

LOONOOR

you know since the server purging most new server that spawns are literally garbage fire and you still sign yourself into that.
maybe it's time to pick up on other games instead of playing on server that clearly have no passion nor professionalism in the first place