AnthemRO

Started by BomberWill, Nov 10, 2008, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADDFurret

Quote from: bleu on Jan 28, 2009, 04:53 AM
@Denia or any AnthemRO players I guess

May I ask, how does AnthemRO attracts "new players"? I don't mean players like Zone. I call those returning players. Like many former official server players, we have no clue about the AnimaRO/AnthemRO saga which must have made headlines among the PS community. What's so special and unique about AnthemRO? It can't be its up-to-date episodes; its behind official and other eAthena based servers. I am just curious, what are the key factors which attract "new players" to AnthemRO? How does AnthemRO differentiate itself from other servers? What does AnthemRO claims to have which other servers does not offer and could not easily replicate?

p/s I am not sure if its out of topic. The subject just says AnthemRO and its under the server review section. Very curious.

Well one thing I noticed from other eAthena Server is that when you download AnthemRO for the first time it actually works? XD True some people manage to screw up their download, but the Staff and players are willing to jump on your case like a Panther on a bunny.

We are stable and also 99% bot free.(some people can slip by from time to time but they are quickly eradicated)

Hmmmmm what else?..............................................................................................We have mature players?(I don't count)

Akina

I'm not going to bother reading every post in this thread ( I've read some )
AnthemRO forums , I don't love them anymore due to the changes but they're still alright. Ingame is another story , I'm still playing and will continue playing for as long as it's up and running. I always find something to do , whether it's talking ,Pvm or mvping. I love Anthemro.
   Zap and the others are working on new things to better the server which I think is great.
I've been playing for 3 years and in these past months they've launched more updates than others did in the past years. ( Working their little butts off for the players) That says something about the team AnthemRO has now I would think.
The community is alright , there's many willing to help the new players and there are also those who are complete pricks.

PvP is not for chatting so if you get killed by some random sinx with edp and the works , don't go crying to the ranters thread on Anthem.  ;)

Hexaea

Hmm.

I've played aRO on and off for ages now, and to be honest, as much s*** as I can list as reasons to hate the server, I still love it.

When I think about the server, I really don't have much nice to say, never had.
"QQing" is sadly all I do on any server; not agreeing with how it's run ever there, etc etc.

The community of aRO is another story.
While I hate alot of people, I have made alot of good friends there.
The server is full of pricks, but also alot of cool people.
That's pretty much why I have never been able to leave, the people of aRO.
I've talked to a few people who agree, that's probably why most of the people still stay there.

What pisses me off though, is what they're doing to the forums...
I loved the forums there, lurked 24/7, trolled people I hated, discussed srs bsns, posted random s***.
Truly great forum... Err, well, *was* a great forum.
I wont get into all that here though.

I'll just leave it at this:
Server - (B) Good enough to play on.

Staff - (NA) Well, I just don't like them; I can't not be biased.  Maybe they're nice people outside of being a GM, but as the staff...

Balance - (F) Too much seperation between the rich and poor(donate/gold dig/spend years farming, before you get anywhere), gear is f*** up bad, etc etc.

Players - (A) Full of pricks, elitists, trolls, dumbasses, and then strait up awesome people.  Through all the s***, you will make good friends there.

If you're a hardcore RO player, then you'll need deep pockets(or you're free for the next few years) to play here; and the deeper your pockets, the more fun you'll have.
But if you're a social person, who doesn't take RO too seriously, you should like it there.

Oh and @Akina: PvP is so for chatting.

AceJay

Quote from: Hexaea on Feb 01, 2009, 12:39 PMOh and @Akina: PvP is so for chatting.

Hell yeah. At least, it used to be, in Forest/Private PVP.

Also I would probaby have to say if you are a rich person you will have more fun here than on any other server, guaranteed. Not rich? Not as fun, but there is still a good amount of fun to be had on a semi-large server such as Anthem.

Denia

Quote from: Hexaea on Feb 01, 2009, 12:39 PM
Hmm.

I've played aRO on and off for ages now, and to be honest, as much s*** as I can list as reasons to hate the server, I still love it.

When I think about the server, I really don't have much nice to say, never had.
"QQing" is sadly all I do on any server; not agreeing with how it's run ever there, etc etc.

The community of aRO is another story.
While I hate alot of people, I have made alot of good friends there.
The server is full of pricks, but also alot of cool people.
That's pretty much why I have never been able to leave, the people of aRO.
I've talked to a few people who agree, that's probably why most of the people still stay there.

What pisses me off though, is what they're doing to the forums...
I loved the forums there, lurked 24/7, trolled people I hated, discussed srs bsns, posted random s***.
Truly great forum... Err, well, *was* a great forum.
I wont get into all that here though.

I'll just leave it at this:
Server - (B) Good enough to play on.

Staff - (NA) Well, I just don't like them; I can't not be biased.  Maybe they're nice people outside of being a GM, but as the staff...

Balance - (F) Too much seperation between the rich and poor(donate/gold dig/spend years farming, before you get anywhere), gear is f*** up bad, etc etc.

Players - (A) Full of pricks, elitists, trolls, dumbasses, and then strait up awesome people.  Through all the s***, you will make good friends there.

If you're a hardcore RO player, then you'll need deep pockets(or you're free for the next few years) to play here; and the deeper your pockets, the more fun you'll have.
But if you're a social person, who doesn't take RO too seriously, you should like it there.

Oh and @Akina: PvP is so for chatting.

Sup Dew.

The only thing I'll have to say regarding the whole forum deal, was that it got too out of control. And while it was not my idea, I had to do what I was told to do. We couldn't just have people posting and asking if other males are "circumsized or not" or if people "shaved their pubes." Because of that, I was told to take care of it. Of course, regardless, the blame falls upon me for just doing what my superiors tell me to do. Majority of those who fall into that category of QQing about the forums, are those who take part in threads such as that. Or take part in the flaming and bashing of another player. In my eyes, it's just clean up.

Regarding being rich or not, I believe I donated, while I was playing, a total of $100 (including ad credits/votes/sponsors) back in Debbie days, which was enough to get me a kaho. The rest was buying/selling/trading over and over and over until I got myself a full set of items which gave me IC. Of course, it was hard to do, but it didn't take well over a year or more just to get there. It was a whole lot of vending haha. From then on, earned myself partnerships and worked hard towards getting other items and such. But that's another story.

Then again, I wouldn't describe myself as a hard core RO person at all when I played. 

BomberWill

Quote from: Akina on Jan 28, 2009, 11:06 PM
PvP is not for chatting so if you get killed by some random sinx with edp and the works , don't go crying to the ranters thread on Anthem.  ;)

LOL yeah that was fun~ We gotta set up a new time to rape PVP again like last time xD

@Everyone else: Damn it you people post to much :(

Quote from: Hexaea on Feb 01, 2009, 12:39 PM

Years? If you lazy or don't play then sure it'll take years to get good gears. I'm not gonna bother posting my response to making zeny since I did back on like page 2-3. Donations didn't mess up the server balance, SQIs did. Before SQIs was made/were used, my rogue owned people and I only owned 2-3 mvp gears at most. I say we ban SQIs ^__________^ j/k

Elements

Hey, Denia.
Don't forget your little stint as Tiramisu.
You know I never had anything against you, and all that stuff in the past (Thinking of Aki/You.) was really just me f***ing around ;p
Whatever happened to that ticket I sent in, where I got scammed ;(? You promised you'd look into it, but nothing.

Ah well, reading thru this topic, I remember everything, haha. Minus Serenity's stuff, because really, he just spits useless talk most of the time. (IIRC The Debbie Incident, where he made that video talking about how he was bestest bro's with Debbie. I don't recall that AT ALL lol. Nor does Sachi, or anyone back then.)
Or how he went on and on, talking about how "GM's got -hero potions-!"

Psssh.

But I didn't come on here to insult Serenity, so I should just drop that.
Fun reminiscing on the old times though, eh? Shame it had to go down like it did.

Denia

Yes, I did promise I'd look into it. But someone else handled it so it's not like I was going to "steal it away" from the GM working on it, to pull in this bit of favoritism to work on your ticket.

But lol @ trying to toss names out there.

Regarding the whole Aki/Me thing, it was never appreciated by any of us, but yet you kept harassing us anyways >_>; yeah, to you, it was just messing around, but it wasn't something that we were comfortable with, and it was let known to you. But you kept doing it anyways >_>;;; To the point of it being sexually harassing (I think that's what Aki felt it was). The rest of the time I just didn't like it and asked you to stop; but you never did stop. Just like how I had told you to leave another player alone, and you kept badgering that player anyways and tried to indirectly do so as well. See: attacking player in PVP with bare fists just to annoy and then say, "Don't talk to me."

I still see that banning as a justified one, since the guidelines were set down to you both, yet you were the one that went and crossed the line. It was all a matter of waiting to see who would since neither of you could leave the other alone, at least so it seemed from a 3rd party point of view. Besides, at least that other person never: Packeted/Force Warped people to places they couldn't get out of/Did mean things to other players just because they were bored/Broke rules over and over/ban evaded. All of which you did. A lot of players may have liked you, but you did break the guidelines we set out, and you laughed at the rules and continued to just try and walk on the line, instead of staying on one side of it.

As for Serenity, I don't know about the other stuff, but regarding the Hero Potions, when he mentioned them, I remember Talis telling me to look into wtf he was talking about, because neither of us knew of what Hero Potions were. Which, they indeed were real, and I believe Talis did disable them all. Much like how he disabled all the GM gear to not be trade/drop-able and fixed their stats so that they didn't really give any sort of "invincibility" at all. See: Ahura Mazdah, whatever that other weapon was, Foxy Stick/Foxy Plate (TalonRO GMs should know about these, I hope you guys disabled trade drop on these too).

pokket~

Quote from: Elements on Feb 02, 2009, 10:59 AM
Alot

Why hai thar Craig, didn't we both? The only diffrence is that my E-fam gave me a Shîtload of gears when they heard I got banned, so I could just keep playing, elseway I woudn't be around anymore. Blah, you must miss aRO.

Offtopic: When were you planned to move over again?   :(

AceJay

Ahaha foxy...

Goddamn, good times.

e: Then again, if you're GOOD at RO, you could probably donate like $20 or even nothing at all and conquer the best guilds.

Elements

(Sorry to res a 6 day old topic.)

Quote from: pokket~ on Feb 02, 2009, 11:50 AM
Quote from: Elements on Feb 02, 2009, 10:59 AM
Alot

Why hai thar Craig, didn't we both? The only diffrence is that my E-fam gave me a Shîtload of gears when they heard I got banned, so I could just keep playing, elseway I woudn't be around anymore. Blah, you must miss aRO.

Offtopic: When were you planned to move over again?   :(

Haha, well, Mike lent me his account and stuff. But it just wasn't the same, considering it wasn't my gear. Nor anything I owned, so it was just meh.

@Denia: Yeah, I can see where your coming from with the ticket thing. However hard they worked on it, it was never answered. That was my main concern, but yeah, I respect the fact you actually can remember said incident. It shows you actually aren't **** around.

About everything else, yeah, pretty much nothing to say to that. It's common sense.
I just figured the -hero potions- were used more in Debbie's reign, than in Harken's, or Talis's for that matter.

Either way, we both know in the end, that neither I, nor Aryia were right. Yet I still had to be the only one to suffer for it.
I mean, you guys even stated in a ticket, that we'd both be banned. I'd sure as hell take that, over what happened, anyday.

-Did- he end up getting banned in the end..? Or..? I heard that he did, but eh, rumours can be misleading.

Sorry again, for ressing an older-ish topic.

Denia

You both were in the wrong, however, the whole thing was, "Either you guys stop harassing each other, or whomever crosses the line and harasses next, gets banned."

He didn't make that step, you did.

As for him getting banned, he did, but then got unbanned. I had stopped GMing at the time and Talis was the one that made the final decisions there. I wanted nothing to do with anything dealing with you or him after the whole ordeal. You both were a handful.

BomberWill

Will you kids relax, this is a server review not a ticket case ;< PM each other or something.

ontopic: The server just had a massive Satan Morroc event, easily over 150 players trying to kill SM and all the spawns in the map. Was fun and tons of screenies were posted. It's in the event section if you do join up with us.

Denia

Sorry Will :<

Just responding to Elements since it'd look kind of bad on the server if a bunch of accusations and/or questions during my GMing are here in this thread and no one responds to it. Something that I think Debbie should have done during her time, rather than not care what others said :S

BomberWill

People been thinking bad about this server since even before Elements psoted, anything he says about the server won't make people think any less of it. (Even though aRO is hands down one of the best low rate servers out there)