DestinyRo

Started by Pankojo, Jan 21, 2010, 02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pankojo

Folks, I'm one of those people who found the review box to be to small.  So I'm getting it out there that this is a casual review, I'm not actually playing this server right now, so my review is more of a generalization than that of it's features, etc.  I have however played this server in the past.  It's actually quite good, so much so in fact that it still has the same fan base it did five years ago.  That's a pretty good sign that the admin, Climber, is doing something right if I'm not mistaken.

Originally I played iRO, but I'm under the assumption that Gravity actually cares very little for their players.  The servers ultimately became swarmed with bots, horrible lag and lots of disconnects and downed servers.  I couldn't stand it anymore, and decided to venture around the private server world.  It wasn't the game I hated, it was the people who operated it.  I soon realized without the implied supervision of the game however, that a lot of servers were just horrible.  It seemed to happen that every server had an immature jackass, one who just so happened to be friends with a GM.  Being a gal, they would chase you around saying sexual things or just constantly spamming penis/boob emoticons at you.  It was degrading, unnervingly stupid and just made you feel powerless.  After a series of trials however, I came across this server, and found a place which I still stay.

Don't get me wrong, there have been problems.  I'm not sure what server, unless firmly backed by a full team and a proper income isn't.  There have been downtimes and various reincarnations.  I have a strong belief that Climber has found a middle grounds in what he expects to be able to take on now.  He seems to be very dedicated in keeping this game around, and it shows.  He truly cares about the players, and if you give a good argument, you can even put in suggestions that take.

The community, speaking of which, is full of caring people.  It's a peppered community, people from different countries and with different interests.  Generally though, most players are cheerful and optimistic.  They're willing to help one another, and there's a healthy competition between those who like that sort of thing.  People who have been playing for years, as well as days seamlessly interact and unite.  It's a very interesting and unusual thing for servers.  I recently hopped a few, to see what other servers provided and could not find the same kind of experience.

I've got to cut things short however, as I've got classes to tend to.  Essentially the message I'm trying to get across though is if you've ever been burned by a server, felt confused in a sea of NPCs, lost in the competition of ancient players then check this game out.  It offers two types of downloads, a self-installer as well as a patch for your RO folder.  It requires so little for what could be, so go get your feet wet!

Ahahaha, perhaps I should stick the website into the review, eh!?
http://www.destinyro.com/home

Check it out here, and don't let the forums simplistic look fool you, it's a great game!

Final

Quote from: Pankojo on Jan 21, 2010, 02:23 PM
So I'm getting it out there that this is a casual review, I'm not actually playing this server right now, so my review is more of a generalization than that of it's features, etc.  I have however played this server in the past.  
Uh huh...past..keyword there...p a s t.  Your review cant be that accurate since you aren't playing it recently.

Quote from: Pankojo on Jan 21, 2010, 02:23 PM
Don't get me wrong, there have been problems.  I'm not sure what server, unless firmly backed by a full team and a proper income isn't.  There have been downtimes and various reincarnations.  I have a strong belief that Climber has found a middle grounds in what he expects to be able to take on now.  He seems to be very dedicated in keeping this game around, and it shows.  He truly cares about the players, and if you give a good argument, you can even put in suggestions that take.

The community, speaking of which, is full of caring people.  It's a peppered community, people from different countries and with different interests.  Generally though, most players are cheerful and optimistic.  They're willing to help one another, and there's a healthy competition between those who like that sort of thing.  People who have been playing for years, as well as days seamlessly interact and unite.  It's a very interesting and unusual thing for servers.  I recently hopped a few, to see what other servers provided and could not find the same kind of experience.

Essentially the message I'm trying to get across though is if you've ever been burned by a server, felt confused in a sea of NPCs, lost in the competition of ancient players then check this game out.  It offers two types of downloads, a self-installer as well as a patch for your RO folder.  It requires so little for what could be, so go get your feet wet!

Ahahaha, perhaps I should stick the website into the review, eh!?
http://www.destinyro.com/home

Check it out here, and don't let the forums simplistic look fool you, it's a great game!

Ok..so..here is your review..I removed the babble.

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.