InertiaRO

Started by Asuka Connell, Oct 02, 2015, 02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asuka Connell

This is a survey from the eyes of a dedicated farmer. I've played in the Battlegrounds for a while and even participated in WoE, but nothing floats my boat the way PVE does. So if you're an Inertian PvPer, BGer, or WoEer, I'd appreciate it if you'd write up your own survey, I'd love to hear about your experience  /ok

Now on with the things that I can say about this server:

Stability /no1
     As a farmer, this is a primary concern. But Inertia has been running since 2012 without a roll back or a wipe. The server gets restarted from time to time to clear bugs and what not, and you may be asked to log out and patch to update the client, but nothing major has inconvenienced me so far.

Staff /heh
     Admin is a platypus, he doesn't do much, just the random stuff admins do. He visits the game now and then and if you have any questions or complaints, you can go straight up to him and voice them. He's also known for making fruits fall from the sky and hosting MVP events.
     The GM's are friendly and helpful in general and are as diverse as the community itself. There's a yandere, a total sweetheart, the efficient and serious types, the jokers and trollers and the Wild Rose of Melina (Melina is the custom main town) They all go the extra mile to help, they won't spoon-feed you, but if you have a question, you need only ask. If they don't have the answer on hand, they manage to find out and let you know. They've never failed me.
          Everyday, there is always a GM available, either logged in officially, or on their legitimate accounts ready to assist anyone if you'd shout for help. They host events on top of the hourly automated events, and cook up funny new games from time to time.

Community /ho
     This is actually the biggest RO community I've been part of. And like any other society, there are the friendly ones who will take the time to assist you, the knowledgeable ones who'd answer any question you ask @main or by public chat, the indifferent ones who have their own world, and the rotten ones. The first 3 are the most dominant part of the community, the last is a small minority. I'll leave it to your discernment to spot the few, it's easy if you know the signs to look for.

Economy /ok
     Very good. It was  nightmare several months ago, but thanks to the admin who cared enough to take measures to stabilize the economy, newbies have a chance to catch up to the veterans gearwise at a reasonable time. Of course, there are still players who try to sell OP, but you can either haggle or find a much better deal, it's often easier to find than you think.

Donations  > NOT OP AT ALL /heh
     Donators' only edge are looks and convenience as all donate headgear give the same stats as non-donate headgear, and other donate items have equivalents which you can either hunt in-game, or buy from NPC shops. Donation credits are also freely traded among players for mithril coins or items.

Pets > the reason I started playing /kis
     Their tricks and dialogues are amusing and they are good company for solo players. However this server also offer custom pets (the tames can be bought from NPC @mall) and when they become loyal, they give you a very nice surprise indeed.

Custom Map > my Love-Hate map /wah
     I love this map for the challenge it presents. I had to gear a dedicated character here and boy, is it equiped to high heaven. There are detailed guides in the forums, but you can swap some of the stuff with more OP stuff.The headgear from this dungeon's exclusive shop can rival, and in some cases, surpass those from the donate shop. For the hate part; the mobs here are strong, if you don't pay enough attention, they'd rip you apart in a matter of seconds, oh, BTW, they are all aggressive. I'ts fun to grind here, but unprepared players, beware of New Genesis.

Headgear > SHR (Spectacular Headgear Range)   /no1
     Tons of headgear from every currency (Donation, Battleground, PvP, Cassino, New Genesis, Poring Coin, Questable headgear both seasonal and perpetual, and of course, the Zenny shop.) These shops got you covered whether you like elegant or cute, to the manly or badass. There are also horrifying headgear if your tastes swing that way. But even so, the staff are still taking in HG suggestions through the forum. Will this HG madness ever end? (I certainly hope not)
     As mentioned earlier, they all give the same stat boosts and bonuses, so fell free to look as sweet and kawaii, or dashingly cool, or disturbingly... ummm, unique as you like, without having to worry over HG stat or skill effects. Headgear creative expression ROCKS!

Achievement System > what keeps me hooked  /gg
     Clever admin for designing this. Unfortunately, for a humble farmer such as I, I'd have to step out of my comfort zone ang participate in WoE, Battleground and PvP in order to get them all. Maybe someday, for now, there are lots of PvE stuff unattained to keep me occupied.

Contracts System > highly recommended whether you're a newbie or not  /ok
     I'ts the fastest and easiest way to supplement your RO finances.

Gold Room > gold makes the RO economic world go round  /ok
     You may farm there alone, but you're 20X better off when farming with a party. I'ts also the best place to earn your pet's and homunculus' loyalty. Granted the monotony may get tedious, but the players are friendly and lively chatter will keep you awake, if not rolling in laughter at the things some people say. Depending on time differences, GR activity can swing to either extremes, so if you're a newbie with a 500/200 Sniper, DO NOT miss out on a GR party. There are even GR regulars here who have become adept at multitasking while farming gold. (GR Regulars = well equiped players who still farm gold anyway, must be the gold fever.)

MVP > loots, cards and achievements  /gg
     There are tons of ways to get them other than camping on their natural maps. Naturaly, players tend to camp on MVP's with cards on high demand (Tao Gunka, Pharaoh, Kiel-D01, and the gang; hello Convex Mirror) and the Bounty System is also competitive (Lady Tanee is the biggest pain.) MVP invasions are FFA, but most players are polite enough not to KS, unless you die. So better get your best MVP killer when either the system or a GM announces an invasion. Pori Pori is a different matter though. I always welcome any player assistance whenever I meet this pink, tenacious blob and this sentiment seems to be shared by all. IMO, the best way to farm MvP's is with Bloody and Enchanted Branch, pop a bubblegum in the mix and the chance for cards get marginally higher, you can also rent a house for 30 days (haven't tried that yet)

All in all, I am happy with this server, and being a PvE is quite lucrative. Can't think of anything else to ask for, except for maybe, even more pets #mGrdy

Want to know what the admin has to say about the server? http://forum.ratemyserver.net/super-high-rate/inertiaro/
Here's the RMS server info link: http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=13931&itv=6&url_sname=InertiaRO