What happen?

Started by wtfuxx, Sep 10, 2009, 04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flaku

Whats the point of starting again, get rank 1 and then get another fake report on us resulting on RMS banning us again because they cant look or accept any evidence

Metafalica

Maybe instead of constant flaming and spamming in this topic you should make a formal PM to yC, filled with evidence and stop making this a matter to be handled by spamming the RMS forums. It seems sort of like all you're doing is digging a deeper grave.

If they ignored it before, they will ignore it even if you keep spamming. So make it a formal PM and shut up.

Omi

Quote from: flaku on Sep 11, 2009, 02:44 PM
Whats the point of starting again, get rank 1 and then get another fake report on us resulting on RMS banning us again because they cant look or accept any evidence

Sorry, fake report?  I linked yC to the thread in question, several RMS users saw the thread aswell, and based on everyones judgement, the server got delisted.

Zone

I'm telling you this, as a hacker, you left yourself open.
If there was an exploit in software, then you should have updated.
If it wasn't an exploit, then they brute forced it or obtained passwords in other ways, all would be because YOU didn't secure the server.

You should never have passwords easy to figure out, bruteforce, or guess for something like this.
You say you removed privileges, yet somehow they got in, most likely cause they saw your password in the sql tables.
Again, that's your fault for not changing your password after firing someone.

And yes, I expect you to do that because common sense says if you fire someone like that, they will try to get back at you.
Regardless if you were hacked, I don't give a damn, you left yourself open, you are to blame.

flaku

Quote from: flaku on Sep 11, 2009, 02:44 PM
Maybe instead of constant flaming and spamming in this topic you should make a formal PM to yC, filled with evidence and stop making this a matter to be handled by spamming the RMS forums. It seems sort of like all you're doing is digging a deeper grave.

If they ignored it before, they will ignore it even if you keep spamming. So make it a formal PM and shut up.

[/quote]

Did you not see our Email conversation yesterday? Meaning I tried that already. Its okay though, I already saw a conversation of Nonie with one of my players admitting on an msn conversation that yC has apparently been looking for a reason to delete our server from the rankings. Note i say apparently, going by what I have seen like the RMS staff. Apparently BurnRO and yC are really close? and BurnRO admin is very close to Nonie and information leaked. Anyways no matter what we bring up to the table, no evidence will be taken into consideration

Also now you're actually taking in consideration that it could be a hacker, but even if we got hacked we still loose 9 months of legit work? Seriously? That's how RMS works?

Omi

Hahahahahahahaha.   I'm pretty sure yC doesn't like scars (owner of burnRO) and even then, yC doesn't even play RO, so why would she want to delete your server?

Now you're just being pathetic.

yC

Quote from: Blaze on Sep 11, 2009, 02:27 PM
*facepalm*

Wow, and I thought the staff of RMS had some intelligence and reason....

For your information, ★ ɀⓞϰع ⓞ∀ⓞ ฿ᶤƒᴚⓞ§Ⱦ ★ (zone), omi and Metafalica ARE NOT RMS STAFF.  

A list of the RMS staff can be found here:  http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php?action=staff

I have nothing to express in this topic except those I already posted and those email posted by flaku.

Pixxel

Quote from: Omi on Sep 11, 2009, 02:50 PM
Sorry, fake report?  I linked yC to the thread in question, several RMS users saw the thread aswell, and based on everyones judgement, the server got delisted.
So why didn't you try to write a review to see if you would actually receive those donation credits that were promised?

Because you wouldn't have gotten them.

I think that would have been a more professional way to investigate.

Blaze

Quote from: ★ ɀⓞϰع ⓞ∀ⓞ ฿ᶤƒᴚⓞ§Ⱦ ★ on Sep 11, 2009, 02:52 PM
I'm telling you this, as a hacker, you left yourself open.
If there was an exploit in software, then you should have updated.
If it wasn't an exploit, then they brute forced it or obtained passwords in other ways, all would be because YOU didn't secure the server.

You should never have passwords easy to figure out, bruteforce, or guess for something like this.
You say you removed privileges, yet somehow they got in, most likely cause they saw your password in the sql tables.
Again, that's your fault for not changing your password after firing someone.

And yes, I expect you to do that because common sense says if you fire someone like that, they will try to get back at you.
Regardless if you were hacked, I don't give a damn, you left yourself open, you are to blame.

Wow, that is just the most unintelligent line of reasoning I've heard yet.  It's the servers fault that a ADMIN decided to have an emo moment, get pissy, and attempt to destroy the server?  I'm astounded....

Quote from: Metafalica on Sep 11, 2009, 02:48 PM

Trust me on this one...noone's flaming here.  If you want to see what flaming is, check out the ex-flame topic on our forums.....

Quote from: Omi on Sep 11, 2009, 02:43 PM
Riddle me this, Robin...  if we unsuspend you (it's only two weeks guys, for a server with 900 + players.. why are you complaining about two weeks?) then why should RMS be moderated or why should we punish people?   We're punishing dRO on the grounds of the evidence we saw (and which I reported, so NO ONE of dRO staff could have known about it) and when the server got delisted... the post "magically" changed.

All we're saying is that server drama is beyond RMS's power, and we cannot unsuspend users on on the grounds that players act up or when people don't provide HARD EVIDENCE that it was done by a hacker, which you CANNOT, so stop getting off at our heads because we acted on evidence WE SAW.

I'll say it again.. even after the two weeks is done, you still have your high playerbase, so just... get them all to review?

Quote374 reviews and 9 months

Yet 900 players... shows the loyalty there, mate.

And you act like ppl don't have lives, and just constantly sit in front of their PC's.  You may, don't most of us simply don't have that kind of time to waste.  And 2 weeks is a helluva long time when your trying to recover from a situation like this, and re-build your player base.

Obviously my words have fallen on deaf ears, or people that just don't give a s***.  I'm done...this is just turning into back and forth stupidity.....

flaku

I honestly think RMS did a poor job at investigating (if they even investigated) this case. You banned the #1 server on all listings for the past 4-6 months in a row, if this is how we got to rank 1 im pretty sure everyone on the RO world would have found out about this.

You banned the #1 server because of a screenshot, or supposedly a link to the topic which showed the incentive being given, yet nobody that plays DreamerRO nor the Staff ever saw that part of the topic. Ever. and it was "randomly" edited after the server got de-listed so i never even got to see if this was true or not. So if i go by what i see, My server is getting de-listed without solid reason, or reasoning in behalf of the RMS Staff.

Pixxel

Quote from: flaku on Sep 11, 2009, 03:05 PM
I honestly think RMS did a poor job at investigating (if they even investigated) this case. You banned the #1 server on all listings for the past 4-6 months in a row, if this is how we got to rank 1 im pretty sure everyone on the RO world would have found out about this.

You banned the #1 server because of a screenshot, or supposedly a link to the topic which showed the incentive being given, yet nobody that plays DreamerRO nor the Staff ever saw that part of the topic. Ever. and it was "randomly" edited after the server got de-listed so i never even got to see if this was true or not. So if i go by what i see, My server is getting de-listed without solid reason, or reasoning in behalf of the RMS Staff.

Word.

Like I said above, I think a proper way of investigating would be to actually try if you really receive whatever is promised as incentive.

Anyway, this is pointless, I'm outta here.

Ealasaid

This is not intended as a flame, just to fill you in on what has been said.

Ahh...just the subject that I was waiting for...yC...

Nonie im'ed me with an interesting conversation yesterday..funny how Dreamer disappeared from rms immediately following me ip banning Nonie from our server...but even more funny the conversation that came up behind it..enjoy:

Sala/Nonie/Patchouli says:
we may not be on the same server, but--we are still friends, right?

GM Eala~*Butterfly*~ says:
far as I know...figured you were pissed at me.
*shrugs*

I'm a little hot over the IP ban, but eh'

just did my job

Why offa the LR?

I didnt mess with lr

I wasn't even banned there at all
Hmm

I used the npc in hr

ahh~
You were promoted to 80 then?
<3

no...still 60

Ohh he adjusted the NPC
o.0

I guess

meh~ I was in game leveling my thief
><

you're not welcome on dreamer.

:x
meh~ I'll be back later to play
no one will have my IP then
>:3

so whats up with rms...any idea?

uhh they were deleted as far as I saw

switch and jello said you messaged them when dreamer disappeared off it?

yeah

you know why?

mhmm

how come?

there's a topic yC found on the dreamer forums
where FO was rewarding for RMS reviews.
--thats against the RMS ToS
yC is the admin of RMS
and she has been kinda looking for a fault on dreamer
>.>

why would she be doing that?

she has been for awhile

why?

Hell if I know. yC isn't one of my friends.
http://lr.dreamer-ro.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=9533  is the topic that did it
and the HR being associated by name--was affected
they can put up a new registration in about 2 weeks.

how did you find all this out?

Scars is her best friend.

who's scars?

and he's the admin of BurnRO [competition of the HR]
who also happens to be a friend of mine. :x

ah

yeah I work under him on another project.. Not RO related but a website related like a social networking site.
so we talk

ah

but eh' thats about all I really know about it
Haze is probably going to s*** a brick seeing all 309 reviews gone ><

he already knows its gone

oh

so does ownage

ahh
I assume I was auto blamed

well, you were the one who messaged jello and switch, and it did happen right after you were ip banned...given the past, it was an assumption...remember the forums?

uhh yeah?

I still dont get why you did all that
I dont think I ever will

I didn't touch the game hacking crap
nor did I tell them to hack the server maliciously. ><

meh I'm not going to argue about it. what's done is done

mhmm

it's the past

I think more or less--I lost my temper...the fact I tried here for 9+ months to help, and still on and off do when members message me for tech support, and i never once was ever thanked in any way for anything
it was.. a slap in the face
the other GM's and staff gave appreciation where it was due to one another, but haze never once did..

you yourself told me when you talked to me about becoming a gm that gming is a thankless job.

still.

ah
I can understand that..but at the same time, you didn't hurt him by messing with the forums..you see they just brought up a backup and moved on...the only ones you hurt in all this were the players who trusted and loved you
=/

Realistically all I did was wiped the IP ban list, and made everyone an admin
thats about all I really did
Phoenix and other's did the rest
Oh and I wrote that e-mail

which was illegal...

how so?
o.0

sharing a person's personal information without their permission

ohh
><

that's againt the law
*against

I wouldn't have done it if I knew that
><
either way
I'll be back on dreamer later

lol a lovely song and dance this is gonna be XD
*rolls eyes*

meh~
it'll be fun

As you can see, lil ms. Nonie is accusing yC of searching for a fault in Dreamer, says she has been for a while..whether that is true or not, *shrugs* who's to say, but since this topic has been brought to her attention, I figured yC would like to know that her name is being smeared by this vindictive...person...as well..Nonie is at the root of all this s***...she gets ip banned and rms gets this bs report about HaZe giving out donation credits for reviews...something he has never done, nor had a need to do..hell look at the reviews we had..don't you think that if he was giving out incentives..ALL dreamer reviews would be positive? Common sense, people..common sense. Anyway..happy reading...hope you enjoy it

Blaze

Quote from: Ealasaid on Sep 11, 2009, 03:09 PM
This is not intended as a flame, just to fill you in on what has been said.

Ahh...just the subject that I was waiting for...yC...

Nonie im'ed me with an interesting conversation yesterday..funny how Dreamer disappeared from rms immediately following me ip banning Nonie from our server...but even more funny the conversation that came up behind it..enjoy:

we may not be on the same server, but--we are still friends, right?

far as I know...figured you were pissed at me.
*shrugs*

I'm a little hot over the IP ban, but eh'

just did my job

Why offa the LR?

I didnt mess with lr

I wasn't even banned there at all
Hmm

I used the npc in hr

ahh~
You were promoted to 80 then?
<3

no...still 60

Ohh he adjusted the NPC
o.0

I guess

meh~ I was in game leveling my thief
><

you're not welcome on dreamer.

meh~ I'll be back later to play
no one will have my IP then
>:3

so whats up with rms...any idea?

uhh they were deleted as far as I saw

switch and jello said you messaged them when dreamer disappeared off it?

yeah

you know why?

mhmm

how come?

there's a topic yC found on the dreamer forums
where FO was rewarding for RMS reviews.
--thats against the RMS ToS
yC is the admin of RMS
and she has been kinda looking for a fault on dreamer
>.>

why would she be doing that?

she has been for awhile

why?

Hell if I know. yC isn't one of my friends.
http://lr.dreamer-ro.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=9533  is the topic that did it
and the HR being associated by name--was affected
they can put up a new registration in about 2 weeks.

how did you find all this out?

Scars is her best friend.

who's scars?

and he's the admin of BurnRO [competition of the HR]
who also happens to be a friend of mine. :x

ah

yeah I work under him on another project.. Not RO related but a website related like a social networking site.
so we talk

ah

but eh' thats about all I really know about it
Haze is probably going to s*** a brick seeing all 309 reviews gone ><

he already knows its gone

oh

so does ownage

ahh
I assume I was auto blamed

well, you were the one who messaged jello and switch, and it did happen right after you were ip banned...given the past, it was an assumption...remember the forums?

uhh yeah?

I still dont get why you did all that
I dont think I ever will

I didn't touch the game hacking crap
nor did I tell them to hack the server maliciously. ><

meh I'm not going to argue about it. what's done is done

mhmm

it's the past

I think more or less--I lost my temper...the fact I tried here for 9+ months to help, and still on and off do when members message me for tech support, and i never once was ever thanked in any way for anything
it was.. a slap in the face
the other GM's and staff gave appreciation where it was due to one another, but haze never once did..

you yourself told me when you talked to me about becoming a gm that gming is a thankless job.

still.

ah
I can understand that..but at the same time, you didn't hurt him by messing with the forums..you see they just brought up a backup and moved on...the only ones you hurt in all this were the players who trusted and loved you
=/

Realistically all I did was wiped the IP ban list, and made everyone an admin
thats about all I really did
Phoenix and other's did the rest
Oh and I wrote that e-mail

which was illegal...

how so?
o.0

sharing a person's personal information without their permission

ohh
><

that's againt the law
*against

I wouldn't have done it if I knew that
><
either way
I'll be back on dreamer later

lol a lovely song and dance this is gonna be XD
*rolls eyes*

meh~
it'll be fun

As you can see, lil ms. Nonie is accusing yC of searching for a fault in Dreamer, says she has been for a while..whether that is true or not, *shrugs* who's to say, but since this topic has been brought to her attention, I figured yC would like to know that her name is being smeared by this vindictive...person...as well..Nonie is at the root of all this s***...she gets ip banned and rms gets this bs report about HaZe giving out donation credits for reviews...something he has never done, nor had a need to do..hell look at the reviews we had..don't you think that if he was giving out incentives..ALL dreamer reviews would be positive? Common sense, people..common sense. Anyway..happy reading...hope you enjoy it

Nice try Eala, but they'll find a way that this is our fault too, or that you "edited" the convo.....

yC

No matter you are ranked #1 or ranked #256, we do the same when the server is reported and is found breaking our Terms of Services.  There should be no special treatment given to any server because every server is the same under our Terms of Services.

We simply cannot take your story into consideration because over the years we have heard many many stories after server caught red handed.  It's an unfortunately event happened to you.  We act upon what is presented to us.  I don't see we are doing anything wrong.  Once again, it would be unfair to servers that were previous banned if we accept your story and not theirs.  It wouldn't be fair if we listen to the #1 ranked and not the #256 ranked.  I hope you understand our position here.

It doesn't matter how many people post here that "we never get incentive" because it only take one unknown person to come and post he/she got 5 donation credit and it will be all conflicting with the rest of the unknown people's claim. 

Ealasaid

eh probably...*shrugs* either way...that's what was said.