SpiritusRO bribing player's for Reviews

Started by Mr. Shizzles, Jun 24, 2007, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Shizzles

Today SpiritusRO administrator "GM Jonathan" offered player's a Domino Headgear for a review for SpiritusRO. I checked the server's rating today and all aspects of the server rose by about 1% to 2% and the amount of reviews shot up to 99 from 18 (as of last time I checked). I have sreen shots of GM Jonathan below.

Jayne Cobb

Pandora

Someone from that server came to my server to spam in Prontera about joining their server. Really anoying, pitiful way to try and get players.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

sineas

LOL owned... attitudes like these should be condemed and spamming server invitations while in another server is just bad.

I would love to see a repository of "bad servers" on RMS forum.
[color=red]RK-RO[/color] - 10k/10k/10k WILD WEST Inspired [color=red]TRUE[/color] Dedicated Server
Unmetered Bandwidth - [color=red]1000 Mbps[/color] ([color=red]1Gb[/color]) Port Uplink - 24/7/365

Cisco Public & Private 10G Networks - Security IDS/IPS/DDoS

Syeniel

Old Topic, I know buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut-
I know Jonathan wouldn't approve of someone spamming another server. It might have been done, but Jonathan had no idea about it. Yeah, he did say that. Once. Atleast he wasn't offering MvP cards. I'm not trying to 'defend' him either. Im just saying, it could have been MUCH worse.

Oh and Hai Shizzy.

You and your guild seem to have something against poor baby characters /swt.

I still hate GodsOfValhalla, Shizzy.

~Edge

ZeratulX

First off, i'd like to say thanks for catching this, but also to correct a misunderstanding.

SpiritusRO is separated into 2 servers. One insanely based on donations, if you don't have them you can't win. Period. Its kinda fun for those who don't care about anything but lvling fast. A domino is near meaningless on Asgard aka our HighRate, its simply for looks. No server has ever gotten anywhere without a few bumps here and there, that much i know for sure, this was simply a way to encourage a review being written at all since we had no testimonials written at the time. Notice how he didn't even say it had to be a "good" review and etc. In no way did this upset the economy or gameplay of the HR server.

Midgard is where the pros play. FTW.

No GM in sRO would ever approve of spamming messages in another servers main town to get new players. So for those of you accusing them about "pitiful ways of attracting players" fail at life.

ArcAngelArtemis

I think its you who fails at life my friend. Why are you trying to justify this? "Notice how he didn't even say it had to be a "good" review". You sir are pathetic at trying to make this person look as if he was doing a good thing, Lawl. Failed.

Pandora

I said the way used tro try and attrack new players was pitiful, since you don't approve of this method I can't seem to understand why you don't a) agree and b) appologize. I would be ashamed if any of my players did that. You could also ask me the ip of the offender to figure our who in your server (aside form your gm jonathan) is making such a bad name of your server.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

ZeratulX

Arc=Fail, lolz in no way was i making it seem like a good thing. i said THANKS for catching this. After seeing this i am already poking around sRO's staff team asking about this. Don't even try pulling s***, cause as i've already said. ALL servers have done something like this. Items and events are promised if certain conditions are met. Whether if they reached #1 on gamesites200 or anything and etc. ALL servers Arc, ALL. Including any server you may have played on.

@Pandora, I am only one player, my apologies = nothing. Only a staff of sRO could do this. Besides I wasn't the one giving out stuff.
  If you CAN give me the IP address and a screen shot of whoever is spamming in another servers main town, i'll be happy to submit a report to the sRO staff to have him removed from the server.

yC

this is the reporting section, not exactly server discussion.  The report has been dealt with for ages. Looking at the title of the thread and it keep getting the bump makes the server in the title look bad. don't you think?

ok locking, maybe it can go into pm if you guys wanted to.