RoadkillRO reviews

Started by PointeDeLac, Jul 20, 2007, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PointeDeLac

I made a review about Roadkill RO that is not bogus and is a fact. It's even too short of what it's supposed to be! Isn't it a free world so I'm allowed to state my own opinion about this private server? I have posted this due to the fact that I've heard from one of the Head Admins (sineas) ingame that "I'LL HAVE THIS BOGUS REGISTRATION AND REVIEW TAKEN OFF". If so, don't you think it's unfair to do that? If all they wanted are praises, I don't think they should have placed the server in ratemyserver.net. It's rating servers and if my review is considered fake and is taken off, I don't know more what to say except that it seems ratemyserver.net will delete any criticisms in private servers let alone one simple review I did.

Thank you for taking time to read this, hopefully you take this for consideration. Just because the server owner or the Head Admin says it's a fake review and isn't true to itself doesn't mean it is.

sineas

Quote from: PointeDeLac on Jul 20, 2007, 01:34 PM
I made a review about Roadkill RO that is not bogus and is a fact. It's even too short of what it's supposed to be! Isn't it a free world so I'm allowed to state my own opinion about this private server? I have posted this due to the fact that I've heard from one of the Head Admins (sineas) ingame that "I'LL HAVE THIS BOGUS REGISTRATION AND REVIEW TAKEN OFF". If so, don't you think it's unfair to do that? If all they wanted are praises, I don't think they should have placed the server in ratemyserver.net. It's rating servers and if my review is considered fake and is taken off, I don't know more what to say except that it seems ratemyserver.net will delete any criticisms in private servers let alone one simple review I did.

Thank you for taking time to read this, hopefully you take this for consideration. Just because the server owner or the Head Admin says it's a fake review and isn't true to itself doesn't mean it is.
I already sent you a PM before you posted this. So read it and post it in the server report or general chat.

Also... and I told you ingame... I don't care what the reviews are, be it bad or not what I care is the bogus registration of my server. and don't take me off context. You know my stand.

So pleas read your PM and don't mess up the Server Advertisement thread.

It's not my fault that you placed your only review on the illegal registration on my server. You can say what You want of my server and I'm all ears. Good to know that critisism arise... It's the only way how to improve one's server when you listen and take mnotes on negative rants.

I would really like to know more... I would appreciate your comments.

BTW, how can you fake a review? there isn't an accurate review of whatsoever... a review is just a review and a review is a good tool to be used by the reviewer and the one reviewed.

Also... wait for the time when I decide to register my server on the RMS ratings... other than that... feel free to use this thread as your thorough review on our server. The negative and weak points I would love to hear most.

thanx
[color=red]RK-RO[/color] - 10k/10k/10k WILD WEST Inspired [color=red]TRUE[/color] Dedicated Server
Unmetered Bandwidth - [color=red]1000 Mbps[/color] ([color=red]1Gb[/color]) Port Uplink - 24/7/365

Cisco Public & Private 10G Networks - Security IDS/IPS/DDoS

PointeDeLac

Quote from: sineas on Jul 20, 2007, 02:41 PM
Just don't mess up the Server Advertisement. It's for advertisement and not for comments or rants.

Actually no, its for players that want to help other players, and we share reviews. Reviews are not comments or rants, but to tell others how an honest player really feels about a server.

By the way, you see the date? Thats AFTER I made this thread. So, what happened to the PM that you supposedly sent me before this thread was made?

Quote from: sineas on Jul 20, 2007, 02:53 PM
Also... wait for the time when I decide to register my server on the RMS ratings... other than that... feel free to use this thread as your thorough review on our server. The negative and weak points I would love to hear most.

Another thing. You already did register it for RMS ratings...Why do think its up there already?
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=2046&url_sname=RoadKill%20RO

Reply there if its so important. I'm just trying to be honest and tell other players how it really is.

sineas

If you soley rely on reviews... I guess your doomed at the start. I don't work that way as I've again and again told you and I won't say it again... just comprehend my views on "reviews"

Just give your thorough review and that's it...

I registered it??? ummm pls reread and comprehend my my post above. LOL if my attention wasn't called about that single review of yours, I wouldn't know that my server has been illegaly registered.

Lastly here's your review that sounded racialy motivated:
QuoteGMs not ready to help,skills & classes unbalanced,overpowered jobs,high after skill delay,pinoy filled server,not nice to non-pinoy players. Only 2 ppl in the team helps non-pinoy players asap. Custom Quests are 4 the rich only (300m/item).
Why is it a negative to have mostly Filipino players??? How many times do you have to mention the word "pinoy"?
btw.. in our server.. we "do quest" not "buy quest" if you buy quest... it's called shopping and not quest.

So don't cry too much about your review... you can always do it again and again and again... nobody's going to stop you.
[color=red]RK-RO[/color] - 10k/10k/10k WILD WEST Inspired [color=red]TRUE[/color] Dedicated Server
Unmetered Bandwidth - [color=red]1000 Mbps[/color] ([color=red]1Gb[/color]) Port Uplink - 24/7/365

PointeDeLac

No if you rely on reviews here, it helps you change the server for the better (as you have stated earlier asking me for more negative criticisms)

It seems that someone that played illegally registered the server. Still it doesn't matter, the review has been posted and thats not the case anymore

As for the review, I was generalizing to the fact that the admins are biased towards Filipinos. To the fact that many of the players are Filipinos, their friends are Filipinos, and they all speak in a different language, despite having rules that state, "Speak in English." What else am I going to refer to them as, besides pinoy's? Something less...favorable?

And as far as I was aware of, the rules clearly state that people were to talk in english. A GM walks by, and they apparently dont care what's going in front of them, despite that the players are all speaking in a different language, out loud, in the main town. The players just dont speak english in the first place, or  just dont understand it at all. If they do speak it, it comes out garbled and barely understandable. They refuse to speak english even though most of them can, and when they are asked politely to speak english, they start cursing at you.

sineas

Why is it so hard to put into your head my views on reviews????
let me qoute myself:
QuoteYou can say what You want of my server and I'm all ears. Good to know that critisism arise... It's the only way how to improve one's server
Like I said if you only rely on reviews... then your doomed. If somebody reviews your server and said something is broken when all along it is not? You'll end up fixing what is not broken. And if somebody tells reviews that this thing is great and awsome when in fact it's not??? you'll end up breaking waht is already fixed. Again I'll tell you coz it seems like it's not registering in your brain... REVIEWS ARE REFERENCES, THEY ARE TOOLS FOR THE REVIEWER AND THE ONE REVIEWED. USE THEM AS TOOLS NOT A GUIDE. It seems to me like you're the type of person who just believes on what you read.

You can not force players to speak english on the maps. They don't need to satisfy you because you prefer the english language. So if my players would be mostly Germans and they don't want to speak English you see that as a NEGATIVE to the server... LOL how amusing.

BTW, what language does GM sineas use to communicate to the server and players again???

PointeDeLac

Your views are your opinion and I already considered that. I simply stated my own opinion and point of view of what reviews are. It shows that a person forcing their opinion as a fact is incapable of seeing other points than his own, or to understand than an opinion is an opinion. It doesn't cost anything, or worth anything to anyone else except by the person who has that view. It just makes you surprisingly thick. 

Another thing, people who usually check for a good server through ratemyserver.net or top200 always looks through the forum and tries it. You can always get people to give your server a better rating, and why get so mad about this thread? I just made it to make sure the review isn't taken off just because you are going to talk to a MOD about it.

A community that doesn't speak English has it's downfalls. It's negative to the sense it's not welcoming to players from different countries, including the way people refuse to speak it when politely asked. As for what you said about your GM, I did not directly accuse anyone, nor did I mention your name. It was a generalization of the fact that most players refuse to speak English and would rather cuss you out when you politely ask.

I'd like to also say to stop editing your post after you see mine. See, I don't like editing mine just because you posted another thing to argue about. If you think that negative criticisms is good for your server and would like to hear mine, your welcome to. But it seems more of an argument since you don't want try and see where I'm going.

sineas

You're talking a bout politely when you yourself doesn't even practice it. You login on the map and first thing that come out of your mouth is what??? Don't you think I'm not watching you??? Your a staff for cryin out loud. You should practice what you preach, instead... you do the otherway round and talks about being polite??? You seem to cry about you not getting credit for what you have done to the server. Do you job well and you'll be credited. Be a role model. If your a police... stick to your job description and do it.

Isn't this supposed to be a review? Coz the it says review on tour topic and yet you have to give one, Make it thorough and propper so I can see how it is.

PointeDeLac

What makes you think I'm a staff member? I played on the server for months because some friends asked me to. From there, I make my review form that experience. If you're referring to a staff member, maybe one of the Police, there are some rude ones, but at the same time, there are nice ones. Both have their way of doing things, so I say, keep up the good work, since the admin's are barely on. I havent seen a single event GM ever, and the events that were done, which I have to say, arent up to par.

I had a review, and I believe you already read it. If you cant make sense of what to do with it, nothing can help it.

sineas

No comment... like you said let's not drag people into the picture and I'm not about to. Anyway, just proceed with your review and it's not ROADKILLRO, not even ROADKILL RAGNAROK... it's RK-RO Online. Just funny how your thread title and the the title given by this somebody who bogusly registered my server as ROADKILL RAGNAROK.

Peace out
RK-RO Online
sineas

yC

I explained in PM with you guys already.  If anyone wonder why the review is missing, it's because now the server listing is gone.  In other words we didn't delete the review made by PointeDeLac.  The server listing wasn't made by the server owner, Sineas, to begin with.  Sineas shown me he is the owner of the site in the server listing and he does not wish his server to be listed, that's all.  So we take the server listing off as he wishes.

Transcend

QuoteGMs not ready to help,skills & classes unbalanced,overpowered jobs,high after skill delay,pinoy filled server,not nice to non-pinoy players. Only 2 ppl in the team helps non-pinoy players asap. Custom Quests are 4 the rich only (300m/item).
[/quote]
You sir are a dumb f*** f*** babidi f*** racist retarded dumbass....
and i won t even try sounding like a stereotype ,telling you that im not pinoy...

Yeah, manners please.

Flame

Revoked: Post already warned

kopono

This is what it looked like for me:

http://surgero.com/RKRO/screenRK-RO000.jpg

http://surgero.com/RKRO/screenRK-RO001.jpg

http://surgero.com/RKRO/screenRK-RO002.jpg

http://surgero.com/RKRO/screenRK-RO003.jpg

http://surgero.com/RKRO/screenRK-RO004.jpg

http://surgero.com/RKRO/screenRK-RO005.jpg

I asked one of your members... "Where is everybody?"... Answer = "I don't know". The real answer = "Everyone's a merchant".

Now let me make this clear to you...

1) It doesn't matter how GOOD the server is, it's how well the game play is. Needless to say, a "Lag-less" server is 100% useless if the gameplay sucks.
2) You don't even have a patcher, how you going to update?
3) All your data is STOLEN from Dark RO. Remove the comments which say "Dark RO" next time you dummy.
4) You brag brag brag, why don't you work a bit harder on your server? The ADMIN of a server is suppose to be working hard not going around arguing with everybody and bragging about how great the lagless boring-donkey server is.
5) Fake Merchant accounts which sell MVP cards and so many other stuff is Bootleg, I can definitely see how great your server is from how many merchants are @at'ed.
6) Make some loading screens or at least a WELCOME screen so it's at least SOMEWHAT presentable.

Check MY server, I work hard I strive to give MY FRIENDS the absolute best... yes, I call my community MY FRIENDS. You know why? Cause they're the most diverse people I've met and I'm glad to have met them.

akihito

haha i agree with kopono

@sineas , you should go to the real High Population Server and look yourself.

@kopono , mind PM me RK-RO's registration ?

sineas

Quote from: akihito on Jul 22, 2007, 03:07 PM

@sineas , you should go to the real High Population Server and look yourself.

@kopono , mind PM me RK-RO's registration ?
point taken on real pop

we do still use the old login

note: my last post on this closed and solved topic.

@kopono:
you're beating a dead horse