Reporting a review.

Started by Ailinea, Apr 27, 2009, 06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ailinea

First, who cares if he bought a BMW.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the server.

Second, this guy hasn't played in over a year, where a LOT of things have changed.

Third, the detailed rating doesn't match the review at all.

In otherwords, spam by some idiot.  Thanks.  8D
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick donkey.  And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Hutchy

Though Syphon is a big penishead, that really isn't a review of the server... just complaints about past... things.

yC

not a review .. he could have said more about the server less about the bmw.  deleted.

Ailinea

Quote from: Hutchy on Apr 27, 2009, 07:32 PM
Though Syphon is a big penishead

I have no idea what you're talking about. /ho

And thanks, yC.  :)
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick donkey.  And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Symbiote

Quote from: Ailinea on Apr 27, 2009, 06:41 PMFirst, who cares if he bought a BMW.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the server.

I disagree. While the review doesn't suffice and should be deleted (it has been), him buying a BMW with donation money has plenty to do with the server.

[Šŷmβĭö†ė] - "There is nothing in this world to believe in."

SilverStream~

Quote from: Symbiote on Apr 27, 2009, 08:15 PM
Quote from: Ailinea on Apr 27, 2009, 06:41 PMFirst, who cares if he bought a BMW.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the server.

I disagree. While the review doesn't suffice and should be deleted (it has been), him buying a BMW with donation money has plenty to do with the server.

Very much.  Who would want to go to a server where the owner spent the money on a new car for himself instead of keeping the server alive/upgrade it-
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ailinea

He does.  He pays server costs and pays the admins who update the server and add new features every week a monthly salary.  What else do you expect him to do with what's left over?  Let it sit there?  He makes quite a bit of money, and while I may not agree with it, I don't expect him to not spend what he has left over.  Be realistic, people.

Zelos

This is so tiring,hearing the same story over and over. "The Admin/Head GM of blablabla server is using money to buy himself stuff!" Seriously, like Ailinea said, do you really expect anyone to just let this leftover money sit there?

SilverStream~

Upgrade your servers, get more advertisment going, expand.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ailinea

Quote from: SilverStream~ on Apr 27, 2009, 09:30 PM
Upgrade your servers, get more advertisment going, expand.

What rock have you been living under?  Do you even know anything about Rebirth?  lol

We have a s*** ton of advertising that he is, yes, paying for.  We are expanding.  Our servers don't currently need upgrading, but they might in the future, and he'll still be able to afford that and have money left over.  Maybe I'm missing your point?

Symbiote

Quote from: Ailinea on Apr 27, 2009, 09:17 PM
He does.  He pays server costs and pays the admins who update the server and add new features every week a monthly salary.  What else do you expect him to do with what's left over?  Let it sit there?  He makes quite a bit of money, and while I may not agree with it, I don't expect him to not spend what he has left over.  Be realistic, people.

The point of my message wasn't arguing whether or not it were true, it was simply pointing out that you were wrong, and that the argument, true or not, has plenty to do with the server. However, there is absolutely zero reason to spend any of the donation fund on anything except server-related things while the server is still up and running. Which, it is. There can't be money "leftover" from a fund used for ongoing payments. There's always going to be another payment to provide.

Quote from: CyberEyes on Apr 27, 2009, 09:20 PMThis is so tiring,hearing the same story over and over. "The Admin/Head GM of blablabla server is using money to buy himself stuff!" Seriously, like Ailinea said, do you really expect anyone to just let this leftover money sit there?

Read above!

Ailinea

Symbiote, do you live in the real world?  I'm beginning to wonder.  He has a steady inflow of money every single day.  Yes, he bought a car, yes, he bought a house, yes he's remodeling that house, but how do you expect almost a million euros a year to be spent ENTIRELY on server costs?  That would be a pretty big f*** epic server, and it would be completely pointless to upgrade a server to that magnitude when it's not needed.  When it IS needed, he buys it.  It has almost nothing to do with the server because it's not like he squandering the money on things other than Rebirth, because it's getting plenty of attention, even it's by the admins that he's paying for and not him.  Like I said, I don't agree with it, I don't like how he rakes in all this money and does absolutely s*** for it, but I'm not naive enough to think that a young person with tens of thousands of euros coming in weekly NOT to be used for entertainment or life.  He doesn't have a job, he doesn't need a job.  You can't seriously sit back and tell me you wouldn't do the same thing.

Symbiote

Quote from: Ailinea on Apr 27, 2009, 10:28 PM
Symbiote, do you live in the real world?  I'm beginning to wonder.  He has a steady inflow of money every single day.  Yes, he bought a car, yes, he bought a house, yes he's remodeling that house, but how do you expect almost a million euros a year to be spent ENTIRELY on server costs?  That would be a pretty big f*** epic server, and it would be completely pointless to upgrade a server to that magnitude when it's not needed.  When it IS needed, he buys it.  It has almost nothing to do with the server because it's not like he squandering the money on things other than Rebirth, because it's getting plenty of attention, even it's by the admins that he's paying for and not him.  Like I said, I don't agree with it, I don't like how he rakes in all this money and does absolutely s*** for it, but I'm not naive enough to think that a young person with tens of thousands of euros coming in weekly NOT to be used for entertainment or life.  He doesn't have a job, he doesn't need a job.  You can't seriously sit back and tell me you wouldn't do the same thing.

Ailinea, do you have a brain? I'm beginning to wonder. I'm not concerned about his steady income. I'm not concerned about what he's buying, or what he has bought. The guy isn't receiving a million euros per year for Ragnarok Online donations, nor anywhere close, however, if he were, I'd still expect that money to be saved. No matter the amount, it was donated for the server because of the existence of the server. If there server were to close, for whatever reason, then that money would be unlocked for personal use. The improper use of donation money has anything and everything to do with a server, as it has to do with the Administrator, whom happens to have everything to do with the server as well.

Don't get me wrong, though. Of course it isn't surprising that a "young person," whom happens to, clearly, be a bad Administrator, to misuse donation money. It's still wrong, and it will always be wrong. I wouldn't touch a penny of donation money unless I was in a financial crisis. At that point, I'd have to close the server, anyway, if donations were not enough to support both myself and the server. Not everyone is unfit to be an Administrator; a responsible leader. Just the majority.

LemonCrosswalk

When my server actually asks for donations, we take the extra money and donate it according to the largest donator or someone in the server that deserved it. They get to choose who gets it.

Ailinea

Go to the website.  Notice that the link says "Buy."  I also might have a copy of the business license laying around for proof, as well.  They haven't been "donations" on that server for a few years now.

And yes, he is receiving that much (and I said nearly a million, he's about a couple hundred thousand off).  You can choose whether to believe me or not, but as a previous GM and getting bored one day and adding up the purchases made in one day (and YES, I had access to the logs), it was astronomical.  He's making more than that now, I gather, since the population is larger and more items are available.  But like you said, you're not talking about how much he makes... except you kinda just did.