Remake account to delete bad reviews

Started by EuphPriest, Mar 02, 2007, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EuphPriest

Is it legal to make new account to get rid of bad reviews?  Tahts what evo do.

yC

It is their servers, it is their choice to keep the current or start new or even hide their listing completely. 

Experience tells me that it doesn't help all that much.

Mewi

I believe EuphPriest is refering to AnimaRO?  Because I have a similar complaint against that,  they are using it to coverup reviews that are based on facts,  well its not going to stop my reviews but it decreases and eliminates other players reviews, work that they placed onto the website.  A server deciding to reset their reviews, should be questioned before they are allowed to do so.

[content removed; don't make this another aro topic]

Becoming a GM means you sacrifice a part of your soul forever, be prepared.

Emeralda

EuphPriest ain't reffering to aRO. aRO's page was changed by anti-Harken movement couple days ago so it was reseted. It's true it didn't had start from the beginning but you know them.

Mewi

You reset the entire AnimaRO page, simply because it had an anti-harken movement against it?  Why?  Cant you simply change passwords or at least save the information? ;\ that would mean ratemyserver removed all the legitiment information of reviews...  it only helps AnimaRO in the coverups ;\

and I dont appreciate my posts being edited when they didnt violate the rules...

Emeralda

1. It was the server owner of aRO that did that.
2. Most likely a new page was created cause they didn't edit the previous one in the given time.
3. Your post was edited cause it didn't add nothing to this topic but makes another aRO topic which is a no no. There is already one, go post there.

yC

ratemyserver provides a service, the user of the service (the server owner in this case) has the choice of continue to use our service or not.  It is really not up to us to make a page stay when the server owner decides to remove their page.

Mewi: In the anima RO case, their server page information has been changed to link to Serenity's site which is NOT a RO server.  That is breaking the rule of our server listing.  It has been reported to me repeatedly by loyal AnimaRO users.  We have to remove the page after contacting the account owner without responses.

No one reset the page actually, as far as I can tell, the current (page id 1467) listing is signed up by the current gm of AnimaRO.  The previous entries has been removed as stated by the reason above.

Mewi

I can understand the rights of a server owner, but when they are using it for abusive means... such as removing the truth... shouldnt this be considered an abusive measure and be dealt with effectively? 

Since I wont mention that other server anymore... I will state that other servers like it, have tried to cover up the truth with the most underhanded schemes they can think of.  Once they remove their account, or whatever.. I think they not have the ability to create another one for the same exact server.

Kurogasa

Youre not going to win a fight against someone whos being payed for "counterintelligence" or in this case to promote...Reguardless how crappy the server is. The end.

Mewi

Quote from: Kurogasa on Mar 27, 2007, 06:44 PM
Youre not going to win a fight against someone whos being payed for "counterintelligence" or in this case to promote...Reguardless how crappy the server is. The end.

What are you atlking about...?  and this thread is like 13 days dead? x.x

Emeralda

Quote from: Kurogasa on Mar 27, 2007, 06:44 PM

And that someone who is payed for 'counterintelligence' is? Cause the only people that responded to Mewi was me and yC. So are you insisting something? Please elaborate~

Kurogasa

Im talking about the person who advertises for anima. People continue to help him advertise over and over by bringing that server up. Its really a waste.

Dais

uhm i believe that the1 who brought up animaro in here is mewi not Yc or emmie.
n btw i think that emmie is anti-aro not pro, n neither Yc or Emmie ever start the topic itself

Emeralda

Nah, I'm pro-drama. I like to correct both sides when one of them is making up things~

Kurogasa

sigh i know that... i never said anything about Yc or Emmie.. The guy who adverts here for their server is being payed for that.. and those who want to spread the word about it being a crap server are of course, not. The website with the convos and the orginal post about their corruption is good but to bring it up in every post possible is Not needed. Anyone who reads these forums by know would know better than to join that server and those who will are being refered by friends and theres no convinceing them. Anyway i was in a bad mood so i said how i felt every time i see that same server come up.

Emeralda

Do you have any proof they are being paid or are you just spreading rumours?

Kurogasa

lol rumor? I think to qualify something as a rumor, there has to be someone on the planet who really cares. Yes im willing to bet my life and the lives of everyone on the internet that the guy is being compensated. If thats only obvious to me then i dont know what to say. But really it doesnt matter. Even if there was proof what would it accomplish? Surely thats not illegal so.. another 8 page attn whore post about it? Youre asking me this question for no real reason but to continue something thats going nowhere. I have no problem with you. Goating me will get you nowhere.