People spamming bad reports

Started by Aiyoku, Aug 08, 2007, 10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiyoku

I am the owner of KKRO - Asgard. Recently I have banned two players for harassing one of the high GMs. They were calling him unneccisary words and threatening him. Since we IP banned them all they deleted their good reviews and wrote bad ones about things that are untrue about my server. Everytime I comment to their bad review, they just delete it and make a new one. Now they somehow have their friends writing bad reviews about us too. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to handle this, I was just wondering if anything could be done.

utrunks202

This is true.
I am the developer for this particular server as well as a few others.
Hitokiri did indeed disrespect our GM team by calling one of the head admins a profane word on the forums.
This was a direct violation of our server rules, so he was banned.
He now has re-written his review to follow up on a threat he made dictating that if we don't overturn his ban he would do tarnish our reputation.
His friend, Scoped, has done the same thing unfortunately out of spite from his friend's loss.
I don't mind the reviews being there, as they are their personal opinions, however biased it may be.
However I do wish that they be barred from posting any further.
Hitokiri has used a proxy to make multiple accounts already and continue to post other bad reviews under the alias of SuperBad.
I realize also that this is why the GM reply section exists.
There is but a single flaw in this feature, it allows the user to edit their comment yet again, which removes the GM comment.
This guy insists on trolling our page and intentionally removing our comment by adding ( and ) into random places of his posts to remove our explanations and replies.
Please implement some kind of protection against scorned users who wish nothing more than to take out their personal mistakes on the entire server's population by impeding it's growth.

Thank you.

yC

No, they did not remove their bad reviews.  I removed them because some of them are from one person.  I am taking care of it.

utrunks202

Thank you so much.

I appreciate the swift reply ^^

yC

Actually, I am sorry but a player of your server has just brought my attention to this:

http://kgamers.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1315

Screenshot is also sent to my mail.

An official suspension email will follow.