Giving away items 4 votes

Started by Type, Jul 11, 2008, 05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Type

MythRO

This wasn't the Admin doing it but the admin was there when he did this...
Its one of his GM's that i think is very corrupt.

[GM]Dan = Admin
Forsaken = GM

Ansuz Isaz

Which server was this to vote for? o.o; "Corrupt" is a loose thing to call this, admittedly. However, if you are given prizes for voting for RMS, I'm pretty sure this is against RMS's policy.

Type

Ansuz Isaz

I guess I didn't word that right. xD Sorry, sorry.

Where do they want you to vote? Is this voting in general, or did they make the suggestion of actually giving a review in RMS will get them the free item? As I said, as far as I know, it's against RMS's policy to allow bribery for their reviews.

Type

Even if it was a diffrent voting site if there bribing there plays with 1 then they are of course doing it with other right? Why wouldn't they?
Posted on: Jul 11, 2008, 01:28 pm
I think he ment the Vote as in this and all the others ones as it shows in the Vote Topic in the forum

yC

For all I care is "review" or "rate", i never consider we are a voting site please do not make me cry by calling rms a voting site though I know a lot of them don't see the different lol.

This is the only "Myth RO" listing on our system:

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=5074&itv=6&url_sname=MythRO&page_num=1

Not a single review for the date the screenshot was taken, false positive I assume.

Thank you for your caring report anyway.

Type

I just put the screenshot out there. Its not false. Its a real screenshot from MythRO.
Its kinda disturbing that your calling it false when i have a screen shot. Even though everyone says stuff like this and you say wheres your screenshot. Heres one right THERE.

Also i don't know how the date thing works on screenshots but im sure it wouldn't always be accurate because of diffrent time zone. I don't care what you guys say Making people vote for prizes is wrong! and your making it seem like your ok with this? Are you? yC?

If RMS aint considered a voting site why is it always with the Voting for ALL the sites.

Notice how all the reviews are 100 not 96,97 its most likely he did bribe them.

yC

I don't consider this is a voting site doesn't mean others have to think the same way as me.  Afterall the mouth and brain of people are not with me, so anyone can claim this is a voting site and I can't do anything about it.  Just like they call you this is fake and that is their brain and mouth nothing can stop them from thinking and talking that way.

Based on your screenshot it's hard to say which site they mean.  If you can provide more screenshots then we can look into each one and see for more details.  Did you not get a screenshot of what he said after that?  Did you not get a screenshot where players voted and is claiming prizes?  If you were there why didn't you make the GM clarify which site he/she means rather than us guessing. 

It's very difficult to act as an evidence with just that one line because it is ambiguous.  More evidence would be appreciated. 

Simply put, if we were to use this screenshot to ban someone.  One can easily counter-argue with "I mean the voting sites only and RMS is not a voting site"  -- which will go into infinite debate into rather RMS is a voting site or not just like now.  Personally, I use the words "rate" or "review" when I refer to the RMS system.  I would never use "vote" because there is nothing to vote on the site.  But as I said it is up to what other people's choice of words.

Do I allow this?  Read what I said, this is NOT a "voting" site to "my knowledge".  Offering incentive for "review" is against our ToS.  I have no control of what the other "voting" sites do with bribing for votes.

It is your job now to make it more clear for us to see what the GM actually mean by showing other screenshots or related material.