False reports AviationRO

Started by elicC, Jan 30, 2009, 02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elicC

Maybe their standards are slightly misled.

Link: http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=6771&itv=6&url_sname=Aviation%20RO&page_num=1

Quotes:
Quote from: KendrikkHORRIBLE server. The GMs dont even give you free items they just randomly @doommap and @raise. Constant spam of it isnt good. Also GMs are corrupt and ruin all the events.

Quote from: SciFii agree with Kendrickk 1000% most of the gms fail at there job and 1 of the 3 admin will ban u at the drop of a hat STAY AWAY

On the first quote, free items?!? Are we required to?  And we did give away starter packs... so we did TECHNICALLY give items.  No one @doommaps... we may kill a certain player during an event or something, but nothing completely out of the ordinary.  Ruin all events?!?  I played dice games which were completely fair and summoned some MVPs and all of this is just rounding out to be a load of crap.

On the second quote, since he multiplies the power of the previous quote by 10, the above paragraph in all caps should make equal.  Ban you?  We only banned one person due to the fact of complete server harassment, his disrespect to GMs and players, and insulting everything on the server saying he could do better.

Thanks!~

Cielte

Quote from: The GMs dont even give you free items they just randomly

Sorry, did I read this right? This dude is b**** because GM's won't GIVE items to him(or her)? Wow.....

elicC

Yah, that's what I said.  What's funnier is we do give away a starter pack to every new person we see as a way of greeting them.  Though to be completely like "OMG WTF NO FREE ITEM?!?" is such an SHR thing that it sickens me.  "BLAH BLAH ON SO AND SO RO GAVE FREE ITEM!!!!".  Okay...well....then why didn't you just stay there?  GAH!!

yC

Kendrikk - breaking the rule : unreasonable score. -> deleted

SciFi - breaking the rule : reference to other review. -> deleted.

hking : you tell me ...

already checked, they aren't the same person.

elicC

Umm, I just saw hking.  First off, we don't ever, EVER use a doommap or any killing type unless for an event.  Besides, only high level GMs have that command in the first place.  Immature staff?  Corruption?  I may be on the GM team as well, but I do not turn a blind eye to corruption.  Not original?  Well not ALL that original yet, we have a small number of customs currently.  We are adding 600+ customs soon.  But we do have customs. The community is fairly nice, all of us are conversing fairly well with each other.  Maybe he met one person in the game and just hated him? This post continues to just server bash I suppose out of spite.

Also, the name "hking" is not known by us, and does not have a forum account that we know of.

yC

In this case I suggest you can try to identify the person by IP (pm me please) or reply to the review with the owner reply function.

elicC

UGH more of this?!?

Quote from: SciFia failed ro server if your new to ro stay far away from this server. The gm staff will kill you for no reason at all stay away.... Not all the staff is evil there are great game masters here, But there are evil little kids there to "admin jay: Fu*k with me i ban you"

OKAY, TO SAY FOR THE UPTEENTH TIME, NO ONE IS KILLING ANYONE WITHOUT REASON!  If it happens, it's usually an event!  Everyone says Jay is nice.  If you mess with him, yes, he does react.  Oh, woops, that would be natural wouldn't it?  So if you got banned, it was for a good reason you....UGH I don't feel like insulting people.  Anyways, to sum up, no one is killing anyone with out a reason and this is not some failed RO server.  If you got banned, then you failed.  GAH!!! *frustration*  >:( >:(

Cielte

Quote from: elicC on Feb 03, 2009, 05:52 AM
UGH more of this?!?

Quote from: SciFia failed ro server if your new to ro stay far away from this server. The gm staff will kill you for no reason at all stay away.... Not all the staff is evil there are great game masters here, But there are evil little kids there to "admin jay: Fu*k with me i ban you"

OKAY, TO SAY FOR THE UPTEENTH TIME, NO ONE IS KILLING ANYONE WITHOUT REASON!  If it happens, it's usually an event!  Everyone says Jay is nice.  If you mess with him, yes, he does react.  Oh, woops, that would be natural wouldn't it?  So if you got banned, it was for a good reason you....UGH I don't feel like insulting people.  Anyways, to some up, no one is killing anyone with out a reason and this is not some failed RO server.  If you got banned, then you failed.  GAH!!! *frustration*  >:( >:(

Just ignore em. Problems(Some?) tend to go away when ignored. If you know what I mean. ;o

elicC

Well, hopefully, unlike hking (who we still have 0 idea who he is), will be removed.  Mainly due to this:

QuoteYou will not do any of the following when rating a server: Write libel - Writing fake information out of hatred for the server

GAH, just because he got banned he thinks he can server bash.  *MORE FRUSTRATION*

yC

But ... how are we suppose to tell his side is fake.  You are telling the case in your eyes while the review is the case from the reviewer's eyes.  You could see the killing as event when players see them as abuse.  You aren't a player it's hard to know.

Weighting the issue equally in our case, he's a banned player doesn't make him have less right to us.  At least he played your server and is not happy with it, that is how the review come from.  There's no perfect server that everyone likes.

Off topic but need attention:

What's the rate of Avi RO at this time?  The rms listing says 1000000x/1000000x/5000x but your cp banner says 25k/25k/80%.  It could get you a delist notice for rate mismatch so please correct any information that's outdated.

elicC

Okay, I bring my case forth with this review.

Fail-To be unsuccessful

Success-a state of prosperity or fame

First statement "a failed RO server"

The server is in fact gaining tremendously.  We have attained first page on SHR listings which is a great accomplishment for a just-starting server.  We've existed since around the 20th of January.  This server isn't even a month old, it's success is do to it's players and great GMs.

Second statement "The GM staff will kill you for no reason at all, stay away..."

First argument

We do not kill any one for no reason.  You have to join the event to be a part of it.  So if you die in an event YOU joined, wouldn't that be understandable?

Second Argument

He repeats the statement "stay away" several times.  However, he is just angry from the fact that he was an immature jerk to everyone on the server.  Players and GMs both despised him and his banning was completely necessary.  He WAS a GM in fact, he abused powers tremendously.  If any GM killed anyone without reason, it was probably him.  When I was a player, for the short time I was.  He'd always come up to me "i got gm haxx0rz hahaha" and continued to taunt and anger me and follow me and bother me.  Why didn't I just report him on the server's forums or something?  Well, I discussed with admins and yes, they hated him too.

Thank you.

P.S.: On the note of the control panel, currently, it is not completely functioning.  Well it is, just we are not using it.  Most people register via _M or _F.  The control panel says all our servers are offline, but we have 11 players on.  But officially the server rates are at the 1,000,000 mark.  When we get out of our pseudo-beta, we will have a fully functioning control panel, but right now we are constantly in update and change that we don't necessarily need all the features of a control panel.  Thanks for your concern, if you have any more questions about the CP feel free to PM me.

yC

Okay, I don't know how many times I need to repeat that explaining the case is not what we are looking for. 

Because we don't play the server and we don't want to judge base on your word which is no more importance than the reviewer's. 

We are not interested in knowing your view of the server here.  It's like your daughter is ugly but you will see her as the most beautiful woman in the world because she is your daughter.  Something like that can't find a better example for now.  Worse is that you can't stand it when someone else called her ugly.

Your view of the server is shown in your 100/100 review to it:

"elicC     
Played this server for 6 months    2009-02-04

A great new server with all sorts of new customs being added every moment. New quests and MVP competition. All sorts of neat-o stuff being added every day! The community is nice and the GMs are helpful. I hope to see you all in game!

See Detailed Rating
Rating: 100

Server
Stability: 10
Availability: 10

Community
Friendliness: 10
Eventfulness: 10

Game Masters
Friendliness: 10
Availability: 10
Helpfulness: 10

Game-play
Economy: 10
Guild Competition: 10
Class Balance: 10
"

So you are basically telling me in this report that the server is perfect and anything less than perfect should stay away.  You agree with every positive review but don't have the room for any negative review you get.  Which includes:

"AviationRO is the most entertaining SHR I've ever played"
"The GM team is extremely friendly"

-- Okay wait you just admitted you had an abusive GM.  So how is that possible?

Quote from your review:

"The community is nice and the GMs are helpful."

Quote from your last post:

"He WAS a GM in fact, he abused powers tremendously.  If any GM killed anyone without reason, it was probably him.  When I was a player, for the short time I was.  He'd always come up to me "i got gm haxx0rz hahaha" and continued to taunt and anger me and follow me and bother me."

-- Hmm, so that's how is it?  Your other view of the server? I don't see you mention any of that in your 100/100 review of the server.

I think we need to raise a report on every review that said GM were nice/friendly/helpful based on your last post. 

I am not trying to be a jerk here.  But like everyone want to have negative review removed for whatever reason they can thing of.  Then what will left in the system are good reviews and only good reviews.  What's the point if you just want good review?  You can only safe yourself from bad review if you don't let people review at all.

or just USE THE REPLY FUNCTION to bring up any disagreement you have with the review.  It is even started in the ToS when a server signs up that:

"By signing up to our services, you are agreed to accept both positive and negative feedback on your server(s). We believe every player should have a say on the server he or she played. Reviews that do not break our review guidelines are considered valid. If you or your server(s) are not ready to accept constructive criticism, our service might not be a good fit for you."

Zone

The reviews that are still present break no rules.
It's someone's opinion on the server.
You win some, you lose some.
Get over it.

QuoteReviews are meant to based on that single person's thoughts and feelings about the server it does not reflect what people as a whole think of said server, just what that one individual feels about it.

mmmm cute quote that i think fits......
anyway is this issue over? X.x

elicC

Okay, wow, we banned him over a couple of weeks ago...his issue was dealt within a day and he was gone before any ACTUAL damage was done.  Anything less than perfect?  I'm not expecting everything to be 100 reviews, I understand if you don't like the server.  False information was something you protected against, and in my previous post, I completely went through the false information and server bashing.  I don't know what you want.  I showed you why this isn't a "fail" server, and isn't a server where GMs are killing you for no reason.  Also that, the "stay away" is nothing more than a man trying to server bash because he got banned.

I accept criticism when it has a background.  But it can be easily disproven through a simple definition analysis, so it has no basis what so ever.

Since you are saying this is completely following your TOS, then let me bring arguments regarding that.

You will not do any of the following when rating a server:
Write libel - Writing fake information out of hatred for the server
Flame - Writing fighting words to start fights with other commenters or server

Fake information: Gms will kill you for no reason, it's a fail ro server
Fighting words: stay away, "admin jay: Fu*k with me i ban you"

The fake information has been proven by definition, false.

He may hate Jay, but he hasn't given me a reason to accept the low score.

If there were some "evil little kids" then he could have reported them to us, we would have taken care of the situation.  Instead he decides to continue to harass people and get's banned.  If you harass someone, like Jay, or ANYONE ELSE ALIVE, yah, they'd be mad, and take proper action against you.  Ban, report, anything.  Yet, we don't have a single person reported on our server.  So maybe they aren't so evil <_<.  Maybe his "two day reign" over other players didn't satisfy him.  He hasn't got one good review in his list of server reviews.  Probably because he got BANNED from all the other servers because of his hateful attitude towards players and GMs.

Note: I'm not the server owner.  I'm currently placed as a scripting GM there.  I know all the GM team and they are all nice.  We have disposed of two GMs for being completely abusive.  They weren't even there for an entire week, they didn't affect our server much if they tried to.

My final point:  He tries to say his post is legitimate by not putting down the server uptime/stability.  This doesn't prove anything.  He thinks he can bash our GM team and players because he treated them badly, then got banned for doing it.

I'm not dropping this, this is only an immature player who doesn't deserve to get what he wants.

Yoda

Just a few things....

Quote from: elicC on Feb 08, 2009, 01:57 PM
and isn't a server where GMs are killing you for no reason.  Also that, the "stay away" is nothing more than a man trying to server bash because he got banned.
Proof please...

Fake information: Gms will kill you for no reason, it's a fail ro server
Fighting words: stay away, "admin jay: Fu*k with me i ban you"
Could be a fail server in the writers opinion.  Those aren't fighting words, that's called a quote :-\

If there were some "evil little kids" then he could have reported them to us, we would have taken care of the situation.  Instead he decides to continue to harass people and get's banned.
You said he was a GM.  Why would he report someone?

Quote from: elicC on Feb 08, 2009, 01:57 PMThe fake information has been proven by definition, false.
No it hasn't.  You have provided no proof that GMs do not kill players.  The server could be a failure in the writers eyes.

I'm not dropping this, this is only an immature player who doesn't deserve to get what he wants.
Don't you mean immature GM?
“Foreplay, cuddling - a Jedi craves not these things”

Patapon

I think it's in your best interests too, actually.  If your insistence on removing a negative review is somebody's first impression of a server (like it is mine), it can easilly be seen as a GM who can't take criticism, and they'll probably pass on it (like I am).

Cut your losses.

this image copyright 2009 Patapon