False AnthemRO Review

Started by Denia, Apr 03, 2008, 06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denia

A lot of the false reports seem to have been saying that we're unstable and that we have a lot of downtime. However, the only downtime we ever have is during maintenance, which happens maybe 1-2 times a month. It lasts for about 2 hours at most. Other times are maybe quick reboots, but they barely happen if at all :(

There was also a report from player Chellah, who has not played on the server for over a year and has sold her character/gave away her accounts and things. I don't believe it is quite fair for her to judge if she has not even set foot onto the server other than the forums.

Yes, I understand a lot of players don't like Anthem because it was formerly Anima, and was under another person's ownership. However it's a bit different now... The server has been under Talis' care for the past 6 months, and anyone saying that they've been playing under Talis' ownership for longer is talking about Anima. We just really are trying, to break away and be our own server.

Please don't flame u_u

Itakou

Itakou
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

Denia

No, Talis is not Harken. Let's please not start this again. Itakou, I'm not here to bash your server, nor have I ever, and nor has Talis. Please as a GM, keep your opinions about who the server owner is to yourself and not bash us. If you do have proof, please provide it, but Talis is not Harken.

Itakou

~.~ no bashing intended.

Even if they are not the same person physical, the mentality behind it is the same. Harken wanted to be like Debbie, take anima and make it his. Isn't Talis doing the same? Sure, he may have permission from Debbie's mom, but whats the mom going to do about the server if she said no? Not like shes going to run it, she knows nothing of it. Doubt she wants it either. The idea of the mom saying yes simply because she didn't want her son's work to just disappear isn't a far-fetched assumption.

Don't know how you see it, but to me, its like going to your dead friend's mom and asking if you can have all his stuff. Even if your allowed, thats just morally wrong. If anything, the ownership should have been passed to the other GMs. After all, they were elected by Debbie personally to help him take care of the server. Did Debbie even know Talis?

If you wanted a clean server, start your own. Not try to step in and take advantage of a critical situation.

As for opinions, its freedom of speech. If you got something against my server, bash away.

I don't have a grudge against you, Denia, personally. But I have my reasons on anything related to Anima. Just because you changed the name doesn't make it a new server.

Itakou
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

Denia

It isn't love for Debbie, nor love for Debbie's mom. The love is for the server and for the bonds that we have created with a lot of the players on the server. Talis has made a lot of friends on there, and he wanted the server to continue in order for his friends to still exist on a server that they enjoyed and loved to be on. Talis doesn't want to be Harken, nor Debbie. Talis wants to have a server where people can play and have fun. I cannot speak for Harken nor Debbie as I do not know them personally, but that's what Talis' hope is for.

This goes past Debbie, Harken, Black Talon, and the like. We don't want to be associated with it, much like how Black Talon does not want to be associated with it. While he successfully branched away, we still have not.

We are doing our best for the players, and it's for the players. Not for Debbie, not for Debbie's mom, or ourselves. We have jobs IRL as well - but this is something that we wanted to do and keep going so that the player base would not get lost in the depths of cyberspace and lose touch with one another. We have thought about wiping however it did pose a problem here:

If we wipe, the players are upset because they lost everything. They will still blame Talis and they would be more upset at the fact that we wiped. More players will leave and cause the player base to go *boom* which is not what we had wanted. We don't want to lose our friends and cause friendships to be lost (player to player).
If we don't wipe, less players are upset, however there will be players blaming Talis for stealing the database.

It is freedom of speech, but I do not feel that it is right to bash another person like that. It's not right, I'm not one who has the right to judge, the players do. As a GM, I govern my server and do not judge others and wish the same from others (though I realize that may be too idealistic). I still don't understand your grudge against anything Anima, however I am willing to talk with you about it and perhaps clear up any misconceptions you may have against Anthem.

Pandora

Just a thought Denia, if his intentions are so honorable with friendship and the player's fun at heart, why'd he keep the same donation system?
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Denia

If we were to change the whole system, the players who did invest in the old server originally would be upset at the fact that whole system was changed. In fact, majority of the players on the server prefer it to be that way so they can obtain their items if they cannot find a certain item/card. Players don't only have the option of buying the items because they don't drop, but rather there are quests and they can always obtain items from other players as well; We just give them the option of being able to obtain it via "shop."

And there is no more sponsor ad credit so that type of "donation" is all gone. We have only kept paypal up which is enough to pay for 6 top of the line servers and sometimes a little extra give or take, but with the extra it goes to upgrading existing servers or saved to purchase another server (to use for testing etc). It's quite costly @_@

yC

I took at look at the recent negative reviews on your listing.  They are all following the review guidelines.  I deleted only 1 review that was dated in January and was giving a 13/100 for not being reasonable.

Denia

Thank you, much appreciated.

Johnsu89

Best not to fight with the RMS "crew"

Ive had alot of time off this past few weeks and I have seen like, 2 mantiences occur during those times. It must be something to do with the reviewers connection, as I run on Dial Up and havent lagged or d/c'd.
I dont play RO anymore.

Itakou

Quote from: Serenity on Apr 04, 2008, 03:31 AM
I love you Calbee! <33

Everyone aspires to be Debbie, but in my eyes, the only person who's ever come close IS Cliff. <3

I miss you. You should AIM me or MSN me again sometime.

'kay, thanks, and goodnight!

Tynne ~

Denia = Calbee? o_o

Itakou

DeePee

@ Itakou: Serenity is under the impression that you are Calbee, heh.
Btw, from what I know...Talis = Therm = Mid-Bossy *shrug*

Itakou

Seriously, I'm not calbee.

Itakou

Denia

Second review that needs attention:

"First server I played.. had lots of fun here. Though my travels to other servers has made me aware of all the things that are wrong. Donations ruin the server.. economy is highly inflated every time I visit.. ad system isn't fair to all the Euro players. Still great place to meet people.. I go there to chat not to play."

We do not have ad donations anymore (free ads/sponsors) which "isn't fair to euro players." The only donations we have now is via paypal, Anima used to have these, however we do not on Anthem.

Is this grounds at all to remove this review?

(This server hasn't even been up for a year u_u )

yC

Quote from: Denia on Apr 06, 2008, 04:10 PM
We do not have ad donations anymore ...

verified, deleted.

Denia

samsimilian

i love the server.
there was a big mess going around in the last few weeks/month of animaro, so me and most other players where afraid that they would loose all the donation items and the hard work they had done for the last few month/years
but since anthemRo exists, all the players are happy and thankful to the new GMs that they made the server still be online.
fact is that the new GMs do a way better work now and even when it seems for other players and admins from other servers, that they are not faire to the players but only looking for their own benefits, they are wrong.
since i got scammed, i checked out some other servers (more than 4), but couldnt find any of them, where admins and also players ingame were willing to help. special thanks to GM Adrift at this point.
The server isn’t perfect, and there are still some things you GMs could do better. But if you are listing to the critics players have, without taking it personal and not interpretating it in a wrong way, this should be the start of being a better and better server =)

I am still waiting for my support ticket so I can come back to the AnthemRo world where my real homeplace is ,… please take me home =)

Aryia

Quote from: Denia on Apr 03, 2008, 06:04 PM
A lot of the false reports seem to have been saying that we're unstable and that we have a lot of downtime. However, the only downtime we ever have is during maintenance, which happens maybe 1-2 times a month. It lasts for about 2 hours at most. Other times are maybe quick reboots, but they barely happen if at all :(

There was also a report from player Chellah, who has not played on the server for over a year and has sold her character/gave away her accounts and things. I don't believe it is quite fair for her to judge if she has not even set foot onto the server other than the forums.

I agree with this.

QuoteYes, I understand a lot of players don't like Anthem because it was formerly Anima, and was under another person's ownership. However it's a bit different now... The server has been under Talis' care for the past 6 months, and anyone saying that they've been playing under Talis' ownership for longer is talking about Anima. We just really are trying, to break away and be our own server.

Please don't flame u_u

Sorry, but just changing your GM names, the server name, and pretending to be different hardly makes a difference. You want people to praise the server, you have to make a difference. As in, fix the current problems with the server. I would list things down under the feedback/suggestions part of the aRO forums that need to be fixed, but I'll only get banned. This alone is one of the current problems with the server, and the reason why people claim aRO to be corrupt.

Denia

The banning part is a misconception on your part I believe Aryia, you have said many harmful things on those forums, many of which you have never gotten in trouble for, but rather a mere warning. If you post constructive critique, there is never anything wrong with that. It is the blatant, "you guys suck, you can't do s*** right, etc" type of attitude which others display that we do not want there. We just ask, if you have a problem, list why and how we can change it if possible. Same goes for if you like it, if you like it, list why. A lot of what is under feed back has been moved because it is just "u gaiz rock" and we don't want that. We want why. Why does someone like the server, why does someone not like the server, give reasons and proof.

I guess though, we haven't made enough of a difference to you, however a big problem which had been bothering you had been removed - which never happened previously.

Give us a list of what's wrong, let us know what we need to fix, otherwise we will be none the wiser. You can always PM Talis if you are uncomfortable with posting it or Isuzu, or any of the other GMs.

Aryia

Quote from: Denia on Apr 12, 2008, 09:47 PM
The banning part is a misconception on your part I believe Aryia, you have said many harmful things on those forums, many of which you have never gotten in trouble for, but rather a mere warning. If you post constructive critique, there is never anything wrong with that. It is the blatant, "you guys suck, you can't do s*** right, etc" type of attitude which others display that we do not want there. We just ask, if you have a problem, list why and how we can change it if possible. Same goes for if you like it, if you like it, list why. A lot of what is under feed back has been moved because it is just "u gaiz rock" and we don't want that. We want why. Why does someone like the server, why does someone not like the server, give reasons and proof.

So if I suggested _______ dump his +10 gears he made from the server split, which would obviously help in proving the server isn't corrupt, would he do it? Or what if I were to suggest Talis to hire GMs who didn't branch from _______ and _______ guilds? It's pretty silly seeing some people who hold grudges over me because i dropped their castle econ to 0 be my GMs... Nor do I like you doing my tickets after I had a fight with your ________. What if I asked for the reasoning behind allowing the heat glitch to be abused for a few years? Would I get it? Don't even try to deny it, it was abusing a glitch, and the only reason I can think of would be because ________ was part of the valk team. I know a former GM on Anima stole Amelia from me, that's obviously not corrupt... I got it back, but was the whole process even necessary? I know that a GM leaked info to _______. That GM also got banned from doing ______'s support tickets.

You don't want to be considered corrupt? Stop doing things like the above - It's pretty simple. Some more constructive criticism? Get a better GM team. I have no gripes with.. a few of you. Some of you are 100% clean. But some of you are GMs just because you're friends, girlfriends/boyfriends, in the same guild, etc as the others. There is quite a lot of bias, I mean, I was slandered by _______ for joining a guild that _______ didn't like. Some of you show bias in your reports, heck, most of you don't even know what's going on with the community. Everyone and their mother could know _______ got scammed by ______, and you guys could be clueless about it. Some people get banned after 3 strikes, some get many warnings, many bans, etc. Some of the GMs also have temper issues <_<. "OMG you're friends with ______! haet!".. Not a direct quote, but that just about sums it up. I remember when I asked a GM to ask Talis if it were okay if I could have his AIM/MSN, that GM freaked out. I only asked once, and I didn't even ask them to just pass me their AIM/MSN without consent. Been trying to get his contact for like 2 weeks now :P, about these very issues.

Then there's things like your rules. You guys really need to change a few things up, like mute times for example. Those suggestions (which make a lot of sense, btw), get ignored. Heck, even going into the suggestions threads and posting with something on topic will show people you care. You guys should stop looking into each others inboxes, it's hard to contact a specific GM. PvP should be moderated, to an extent. Certain people who are rude, who are only around to flame/troll should get warnings a lot sooner than they did. I have a lot more, more will come to mind later..

QuoteI guess though, we haven't made enough of a difference to you, however a big problem which had been bothering you had been removed - which never happened previously.

Yeah, that's true. It was more than half a year of harassment, I wish you could've seen sooner (well, you did, you just didn't do anything on your GM account)... But I am really thankful that it's finally over.

QuoteGive us a list of what's wrong, let us know what we need to fix, otherwise we will be none the wiser. You can always PM Talis if you are uncomfortable with posting it or Isuzu, or any of the other GMs.

Read the above. What I said is the truth, and that's the constructive criticism you asked for. I took out the names for your sake, but it'd be a start if you guys really did the above. I know a lot of people are behind me on this.

AceJay

Quote from: Itakou on Apr 05, 2008, 08:31 PM
Seriously, I'm not calbee.

Hey sup, I'm not Calbee either.

Quote from: Aryia on Apr 13, 2008, 01:55 AMI know a lot of people are behind me on this.

Seconded. <3

Denia

The thing with your ticket is completely misconstrued, if I could post _____________'s tickets without breaching confidentiality, I would. But a lot of it was backed up with a fair amount of evidence as well. It was such a delicate matter and you weren't happy with the outcome. We couldn't deal with either of you because so much was going on between the two of you. It was just _________ of each other, and pretty much had to wait until one of you slipped up rather than seeing that __________ action negated ________ action - which was the case a lot of the time. It was either that or flat out ban both of you, which we did not want to do since it was not fair. That's why ________ was gone in that fashion. It was brought to my attention, and it was taken care of immediately.

The tickets were done by myself and Isuzu, not by me alone due to the sensitivity of the situation. It was that difficult that we had to stew and sit together and work on. I constantly had to ask Isu what her thoughts were on many of your issues. A lot of it would have been favoritism if we were to side with you. (See: Banning due to ________ in pvp - when our rules clearly state that PVP is pretty much a free for all unless racist/sexual comments start to fly about).

As for hiring, it may appear to you as such, but how are we to trust anyone outside of the guilds if we simply do not get close to others? It's just the nature of things. We hire as we get to know people, we haven't had a hiring on AnthemRO at all. We select those who seem to have qualities which show that they can handle the job well.

A hiring may sound like it would be good, but what about those who may falsify their applications and interviews to make them sound better? What if someone was trying to get on the inside and ruin the economy/server once they rose to power? This is why when we do a hiring, we give input on who we believe might make good GMs, then we give pros and cons about each person and the GMs then decide who might be a good contender. None of them become high GM right away. They are given low GM/mod status for some time until proven that they can do more.

As for the former GM stealing your account, is that something that is our fault? Is that GM on the team still? Has the GM left or are you holding a grudge against someone who was bad from back then?

I know your frustration with that case with ________________ which seems to have been what angers you the most about everything. But believe me when I say, it was an extremely delicate case, in which a lot had to have been thrown out because of ________ action was followed by _______ action of yours and vice versa.

I can say one thing for sure though, I'm doing all that I can to make it better.

Aryia

Quote from: Denia on Apr 13, 2008, 02:26 AM
The thing with your ticket is completely misconstrued, if I could post _____________'s tickets without breaching confidentiality, I would. But a lot of it was backed up with a fair amount of evidence as well. It was such a delicate matter and you weren't happy with the outcome. We couldn't deal with either of you because so much was going on between the two of you. It was just _________ of each other, and pretty much had to wait until one of you slipped up rather than seeing that __________ action negated ________ action - which was the case a lot of the time. It was either that or flat out ban both of you, which we did not want to do since it was not fair. That's why ________ was gone in that fashion. It was brought to my attention, and it was taken care of immediately.

I'd like to say otherwise for most of this, but it'd just be beating a dead horse. I'm glad things are over with.

QuoteThe tickets were done by myself and Isuzu

Was it done by you, or ______? As for Isuzu, I'd prefer her not to do my ticket either, because we're not on good terms. I've tried apologizing many times, for the castle econ thing, for things I don't even remember.. Heck, she made up false claims the other day. You know, I really tried. But just because she's a GM, whatever she says (even if it's wrong) is right.

Quotenot by me alone due to the sensitivity of the situation. It was that difficult that we had to stew and sit together and work on. I constantly had to ask Isu what her thoughts were on many of your issues. A lot of it would have been favoritism if we were to side with you. (See: Banning due to ________ in pvp - when our rules clearly state that PVP is pretty much a free for all unless racist/sexual comments start to fly about).

/swt ... Okay, but honestly, how hard is it to recognize things like this.. That person walks into PvP, starts crap with me, I set them on /ex, and then they start attacking me or whatever. Sure, that's fine. But dealing with that every time I step into PvP, for months? C'mon. Is it that hard to ask someone to stop starting s***?

QuoteAs for hiring, it may appear to you as such, but how are we to trust anyone outside of the guilds if we simply do not get close to others? It's just the nature of things. We hire as we get to know people, we haven't had a hiring on AnthemRO at all. We select those who seem to have qualities which show that they can handle the job well.

A hiring may sound like it would be good, but what about those who may falsify their applications and interviews to make them sound better? What if someone was trying to get on the inside and ruin the economy/server once they rose to power? This is why when we do a hiring, we give input on who we believe might make good GMs, then we give pros and cons about each person and the GMs then decide who might be a good contender. None of them become high GM right away. They are given low GM/mod status for some time until proven that they can do more.

Please, how can you 100% trust someone without putting them through to the test? Even then, one of your friends may backstab you. The fact that people like ________ has a huge temper and that you guys are biased in your statements is point enough.

QuoteAs for the former GM stealing your account, is that something that is our fault? Is that GM on the team still? Has the GM left or are you holding a grudge against someone who was bad from back then?

You tell me. Anyways, my constructive criticism is still there.

QuoteI know your frustration with that case with ________________ which seems to have been what angers you the most about everything. But believe me when I say, it was an extremely delicate case, in which a lot had to have been thrown out because of ________ action was followed by _______ action of yours and vice versa.

Okay. I probably won't respond to the next thing you post, btw.

Denia

We are beating a dead horse :(

The tickets were done by myself and Isuzu like stated :/ I understand your qualms with the pvp issue, but pvp has always just been pvp and that's the guidelines we had set for it, that's why it was not handled the way you had wanted when dealing with pvp. It would have been favoritism otherwise. But it is over with and was ruled in your favor once ________ slipped up.

You can't quite 100% trust anyone to be honest, but I know at least a couple people who were not hired via guilds and affairs such as that (after speaking with Talis again). I didn't know them myself either they were nominated. Once they were nominated, I would stalk their posts/see how they were in game before actually saying that I was OK with the player.

It's a bit self explanatory why Talis' IM wasn't handed out, I'm not sure who you spoke to, but if anyone is to give out his or her IM it should be that person and that person alone unless the person of whom you talked to had cleared it through Talis first.

I don't quite understand what happened with the theft of Amelia... /swt

As for any more responses, you can PM me if you should like to, however, as of right now some of the GM staff seems to think I am stressing a bit much over all of this so I will be taking a little bit of a leave from RMS forums. But the truth is right there and I will respond to what I do know and I will fix what I can.

samsimilian

and Im getting ignored again  :'(
id: 3805

yC

This is supposed to be a report false review topic.  Gonna lock it and case close.

Denia if you have other review you want to report, just pm me.

The rest of the ppl can do as Denia said, pm him/her if you have other issue regarding his/her server that needed to be solved.