Fake Entry: AnimaRO

Started by mster, Mar 11, 2007, 08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mster

The entry at http://www.ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=1107&url_sname=AnimaRO is clearly manipulated by people who are not owning the server:

Server Description:
"Server died along with GM-Debbie (R.I.P.) Do not play here. "

Which should prove that someone hijacked this entry. More foul-play, yay. Server Website, How to Register and Server Features are manipulated too. Last but not least, they also replied to all comments with more junk.

I would appreciate if the RMS.net could look into this, fix it (returning it to the current server owners or deleting it, but not leave it under the control of someone unrelated to the server) and take appropriate actions against the user who hijacked the entry.

Emeralda

Old news. It was known since yesterday. Someone who gained access to an admin account and made the whole mess (read: Calbee) changed it. The problem is that changing it is not up to RMS admins but aRO's admin.

yC

I believe that the entry is signed up by previous gms that no longer work for the server and thus changing the content is NOT a result of hijacking. 

I said this yesterday imformally in the shou t box, and at the time, I already notified the account owner of the situation and the consequence.  He/she has 24 hours to reply to me or update the server information.  However, as of now nothing has been done yet no reply. 

Right now the server listing has been put in suspend mode.  No further action taken.