EssenceRO & RMS Dispute

Started by Symbiote, Apr 05, 2009, 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinn

Quote from: yC on Apr 05, 2009, 08:36 PM

Like I said, you should direct the problem to the server in question.  Writing a review isn't going to solve it.  If it cause damage to your computer, you can even sue them for $.

When did ANY of your reviews on RMS solved anything? people write OMG THIS SERVER HAS LAG..does that mean it actually solved anything? of course not, why? because this is was one place where players actually had the fking opportunity to tell the players what actually happened in a server they played in.

If it cause damage to your computer, you can even sue them for $.

This isn't about how he/players can sue them, it's about essenceRO & RMS dispute. Read the topic title? so what was your point in that?

JJJ you should delete yC's posts since this is like 10% off topic and according to your deluded modding judgment that's bad and it must be deleteeeted! OH But wait you can't since this is about the all mighty essenseRO  ... ::)

Actually I should ask, where is the virus? what is the virus called.  If it's still there I'll try to get Zone (he said he's pro at it ..) to verify the content.  I mean there are plenty of people that downloaded their client I suppose.  Why nobody else's anti-virus caught it except yours.

He did and yes there is one, read?  http://forums.essencero.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=20387&view=findpost&p=213159  and in regards to why no one else detected it? honestly why does it matter you that no one did, what are you trying to prove here? it was clearly stated by a staff member in there that there WAS one.

You know, when someone reported a virus on a server's website or somewhere.  I will try to verify it and if it will be harmful to our users, I will remove the server until the problem is fixed.  Writing a review about it is not going to help at all.

lol "Writing a review about it is not going to help at all" I think this is more of an opinion from you than anything. In regards to "I will try to verify it and if it will be harmful to our users, I will remove the server until the problem is fixed" o rly? so where were you when this review was posted about the virus? I didn't see you taking any action then? what happened? again if you are so blind to think that "Why nobody else's anti-virus caught it except yours."  I ask you and tell you again, READ that varification from the staff about it since they confirmed that it was there.

Also an additional note, this really shows a lot more to some of us about RMS more clearly now and I would like to send out a personal Thank you to Symbiote.

-Shinn

P.S Raine also wanted to Thank you Symbiote, but she can't do it personally at the moment since she was muted for speaking the truth on RMS forums like you by our ever so loved RMS Staff <3

Do not use the shout box to fight with and insult other forum users.

cause after all the drama, I still slain em.

Need a site done? contact me.

Symbiote

Quote from: Shinn on Apr 05, 2009, 09:28 PMAlso an additional note, this really shows a lot more to some of us about RMS more clearly now and I would like to send out a personal Thank you to Symbiote.

-Shinn

P.S Raine also wanted to Thank you Symbiote, but she can't do it personally at the moment since she was muted for speaking the truth on RMS forums like you by our ever so loved RMS Staff <3

Anytime bud. You too, Raine. ;p Got a nice laugh reading your post.

[Šŷmβĭö†ė] - "There is nothing in this world to believe in."

Zone

http://forums.essencero.com/index.php?showtopic=20387&view=findpost&p=213159
Quote from: AliasesWin32/Daonol.B [CA AV], Rootkit.Win32.Agent.fwt [Kaspersky], Generic AdClicker.b.dll [McAfee], Infostealer [Symantec], Trojan:Win32/Daonol.B [MS OneCare], W32/Rootkit.AZY [F-Prot], W32/Rootkit.ACJF [NORMAN], Troj/Daonol-Fam [Sophos], Rootkit.Win32.Agent.gao [Kaspersky], Generic.dx [McAfee], Hacktool.Rootkit [Symantec], W32/Rootkit.AZZ [F-Prot], W32/Rootkit.ACSM [NORMAN]

Quote from: Files associatedsysaudio.sys
This is not a virus, it would be spyware.
However, the scan that took place was a false positive.
The website contained a script to access a file that could be in their temp folder.
The file it searched for was .pdf file, that is not related to daonol.
Yes, they are noobs at security, but it's not like everyone checks access logs 24/7 to see what is going on.
Until you notice something out of the ordinary and figure it's origin, you don't look for stuff out of order.

Symbiote

Quote from: Zone on Apr 05, 2009, 10:25 PMThis is not a virus, it would be spyware.
The website contained a script to access a file that could be in their temp folder.
Yes, they are noobs at security, but it's not like everyone checks access logs 24/7 to see what is going on.
Until you notice something out of the ordinary and figure it's origin, you don't look for stuff out of order.

Virus or spyware, I refer to it all as a virus in public because it is globally understood by the illiterate and literate that way. PDF files recently had a vulnerability, if you read, which I'm sure you did. The website in which their patcher loaded at each launch did contain script that would attempt to open a .PDF file. The only false positives received were those that complained about "PEPatch," which is normal for patch-related utilities that download from the internet, is it not?

There was a large epidemic in which the large majority of EssenceRO players were infected with a "virus" that would modify driver entries in the registry to point to a file either contained in the Temp folder or the system32 folder. It would cause RO, among many other programs, to malfunction. This is documented throughout a 25+ page thread on Essence forums, to which I have documented some pages incase it magically disappears.

This has all been discussed, however, and the bottom line is, EssenceRO allowed their users to be infected with something, showed little interest in resolving their issues, and took a week to even realize the problem was confined to them.

Mania

I fail to see why Symbiote cannot post a review referencing the Virus that was obtained by patching eRO. The security of the server is an extremely important aspect of choosing a private server. Maybe instead of chastising Symbiote for making a post regarding the security of the server you should look into a way to inform the general public of such problems. I know for years I would look to RMS to find a server, but I wouldn't look into the forums. I would hate to know that a server I chose had all the security problems that eRO has had in the past year. I find security to be much more important than say "Economy". All the private servers have horrible econ, that's just how they are. But not all of them have had security breaches and viruses.

Would it be far for Symbiote to have a review that states:

"The server is fairly stable and has decent game play, but the problem lies with the GM team. They have failed to secure the server more than one time. The most recent event released a virus through the patcher."

That would address why he scored the way he did, it would allow him to state the issues with the server without naming names, and it would would be completely justified.

I understand that yC is the owner of RMS but that shouldn't prevent someone from informing the general public about the issues concerning the server. And just making a forum post won't cut it.

If reviews like this:

"Wow.. just started playing this server and it is very fun! they have custsom cards/headgears/middle headgears/lower headgears and the server is improving every second!" From BlackFireRO, I don't know where on the reviews you rate the headgear. 100/100

and like this:

"wow a very unbalanced server.. there are some of the chars having no casts.. what a nub right?... and look at this. a GM playing in the pvp room and killing all players wtf is that? and a gm playing in a char with a complete set then even killing someone? yea.. its triet and the girl gm.. lol what a nubs" From MastelaRO, name calling and such. 10/100

Can remain, Symbiote's review should remain.

Scars

Since when do we need prove in their reviews? yC everytime you just said "just reply to it" when I see a false report.

How the  does it differ here? I don't see why we not allowed to mention "security breach" which is an important issue.

Base on what I see its all about "Not allowing to mention security breach" in a review, and I do highly trust my judgment to be amongst at least most sane people, so I am sure that's what they're seeing as well. If this is about something else please do say so.

Trust me I don't have any problem with EssenceRO, I would say the same for any other server.

Anyway, as Zone is the person you basically sent,

QuoteThis is not a virus, it would be spyware.

That is your prove now.
Unless you want to press on VIRUS is not SPY WARE.

Well now what?

yC

So let's have a summary.  It won't hurt since we are running in circles anyway.

1) Symbiote wrote that review.  I saw it being the same review I deleted yesterday, I deleted it again.  Then I nicely ask him to do an in depth review with more details on his experience on the server in question including the remarks of him gaining unauthorized access to the server and there was a spyware/virus on the server's patch.  Because he fail to see that the review he made is breaking rule #1 and #2.

2) Symbiote refused my suggestion and insist his review does not break any rules.    While he is fully aware of the consequence that the review will be deleted and his right to review the server will be removed if he continue to act the way he is ignoring the suggestion/warning we gave.  He post the same review the third time. 

3) Symbiote sees my explanation in the forum of how his review broken the rules and changed his review slightly to "bypass" my claim.  Too late, Symbiote third review has been recorded and the consequence follows.

4) Symbiote made SymbioteII to put the same review up.  Now making him a rule breaker and a multi-account holder which violates our Terms of Services.  He openly admits he will proxy register and make his review.

5) I still suggest him to do the in depth review and link it from the main page's review.  Actually there are 330 chars, he could put the forum URL of his in depth review PLUS any other information that the spaces allow him to.  Symbiote refused again claiming only 20% of people will read it which I am not sure how he calculated that amount because I wouldn't know it myself.  Well, if Symbiote truly want to inform people that there are virus in the server's page or the server has security problem.  He could have resolved the issue with reviews like (this should address Mania's concern):

"This server had a virus in their patcher.  Was hacked.  More info: <link to forum URL>"

or

"unauthorized Admin access was leaked.  Virus/Spyware found in patcher.  Read full review at <link to forum URL>"

The way Symbiote insist on using the 330 chars without doing an in depth review and want to get the attention of 100% of the people.  Makes me think he is simply trying to get attention, troll and create hate.  If you truly want to inform people, from the deep of your heart, the example I shown should be good enough.  Anyone interested in reading further will read them.  We talked so long and have yet to see any in depth review topic you make to explain further (Such as how you got admin access, how you found the virus, how GM treated you in game, how is the server community and how is the game play in the server are like based on your experience).  How does that show you actually played the server?  "unauthorized Admin access" and downloading/breaking their patcher isn't exactly considered as "playing a server".  What real in-game experience do you have to tell us?  You must have played the server in order to review it -- is one of the review guideline.

If anyone can take a step back and read the review again.  Look, he is claiming he took unauthorized control of this server at some point in the past.  He also claim that this server spread virus to its players.  Both of these are serious charges.  I do believe it is necessary to present the details of these charges, let the reader to decide if this server is worth their time.  Why would Symbiote refuse to do an in depth review that include all the details to help potential player decides.  Having a bit of preview in the site's review such as those example I mentioned above should get your topic the necessary attention.  There is nothing wrong with linked in depth review, especially his claim can't be explained in 330 chars. 

Now if you want to tell me that you made a suggestion of increasing the char limit, let me ask you how many reviewers do you think, got unauthorized access of the server he or she plays and how many servers have virus in their patchers.  In your case, if I were a reader.  I would appreciate all the details you can provide, from how you joined the server to how you quit the server (just like the other reviews in the review forum).  In your case, so complicated, admin access, virus etc, 330 or 500 or 1000 characters will not do it.  So going with the circle, we are back to the suggestion I made in 1) of the summary above.

Scars / everyone:  This is not about the mention of security breach (excluding password / logins that will be used in a harmful way), though I see someone is pushing it this way to cause drama.  It is his review contain only security breach and nothing else that will make it a valid review.  Otherwise I wouldn't suggest him to do a more detailed review of the server but only delete the review and do nothing else.  The mention of security breach, which is not anywhere related to the available rating categories, does not explain the score given, as explained previously:

Security is not part of the rating categories,
your unauthoerize admin access is not part of the rating categories,
you take control of the server is not part of the rating categories,
Tira and staff = gm not learn their lesson.  On what?  yes, security of the server, which is not part of the rating categories,
virus in patcher is not part of the rating categories.

So after taking the review apart and ignoring those that are not part of the rating categories.
Now what's left in the review is "Corrupt, liar-filled staff".  That is a breaking of rule #1 and possibly #2 if taken as a troll.

and see in his eyes that he is not breaking any rule.  No point to argue, some like to believe in one world and some like to believe in another.

Scars

Symbiote

Quote from: yC on Apr 06, 2009, 12:22 AMSo let's have a summary.  It won't hurt since we are running in circles anyway.

1) Symbiote wrote that review.  I saw it being the same review I deleted yesterday, I deleted it again.  Then I nicely ask him to do an in depth review with more details on his experience on the server in question including the remarks of him gaining unauthorized access to the server and there was a spyware/virus on the server's patch.  Because he fail to see that the review he made is breaking rule #1 and #2.

2) Symbiote refused my suggestion and insist his review does not break any rules.    While he is fully aware of the consequence that the review will be deleted and his right to review the server will be removed if he continue to act the way he is ignoring the suggestion/warning we gave.  He post the same review the third time. 

3) Symbiote sees my explanation in the forum of how his review broken the rules and changed his review slightly to "bypass" my claim.  Too late, Symbiote third review has been recorded and the consequence follows.

4) Symbiote made SymbioteII to put the same review up.  Now making him a rule breaker and a multi-account holder which violates our Terms of Services.  He openly admits he will proxy register and make his review.

Nope. You're still just blabbering and blabbering about s***, yC. Even my initial review did not break any rules, I simply changed it incase some things could be misunderstood as flames, which, you never even mentioned in the first place as a reason for removing my review. The part I removed I replaced with something to make you happier, not something that I wanted to add because the rest of my review "broke the rules." It didn't break the rules at all, as myself, and many others, have informed you at this point.

Quote from: yC on Apr 06, 2009, 12:22 AM5) I still suggest him to do the in depth review and link it from the main page's review.  Actually there are 330 chars, he could put the forum URL of his in depth review PLUS any other information that the spaces allow him to.  Symbiote refused again claiming only 20% of people will read it which I am not sure how he calculated that amount because I wouldn't know it myself.

Can you please explain to me why, exactly, I would have to follow your suggestion when my review, again, followed guidelines perfectly? No, there is no reason I'd have to follow your suggestion. I'd also like to see you come up with a more accurate estimate on how many people would actually bother copy-pasting a URL to their god damn address bar and navigating away to read a review they could've very well read summarized right there in the box, had the idiot-of-an-Admin not removed it.

Quote from: yC on Apr 06, 2009, 12:22 AMWell, if Symbiote truly want to inform people that there are virus in the server's page or the server has security problem.  He could have resolved the issue with reviews like (this should address Mania's concern):

"This server had a virus in their patcher.  Was hacked.  More info: <link to forum URL>"

or

"unauthorized Admin access was leaked.  Virus/Spyware found in patcher.  Read full review at <link to forum URL>"

The way Symbiote insist on using the 330 chars without doing an in depth review and want to get the attention of 100% of the people.  Makes me think he is simply trying to get attention, troll and create hate.  If you truly want to inform people, from the deep of your heart, the example I shown should be good enough.  Anyone interested in reading further will read them.  We talked so long and have yet to see any in depth review topic you make to explain further (Such as how you got admin access, how you found the virus, how GM treated you in game, how is the server community and how is the game play in the server are like based on your experience).  How does that show you actually played the server?  "unauthorized Admin access" and downloading/breaking their patcher isn't exactly considered as "playing a server".  What real in-game experience do you have to tell us?  You must have played the server in order to review it -- is one of the review guideline.

I don't think you quite understand. It doesn't matter if I 'truly want to inform people, from the deep of my heart,' MY REVIEW DOES NOT BREAK THE GUIDELINES. IT FOLLOWS THEM. I fail to see how reviewing honestly is "trying to get attention, troll, and create hate." Which, it isn't. That's just your opinion, something that is irrelevant in matters like this, when rules are set in place for people to follow.

If you read the other god damn thread, where my minireviews link to, you'd see the majority of your above questions answered there. I quite obviously did play the server, and I don't exactly have to prove that I played it. If I do, let's take down RateMyServer right now, because it's consisted of about a million reviews of people that may have or may not have ever played the server they reviewed.

No other reviewer is required to answer such information in 330 characters, I'm sure as hell not going to answer each and every little rating of mine in 330 characters. It's simply impossible, for someone that doesn't want to look like a f*** idiot.

Quote from: yC on Apr 06, 2009, 12:22 AMIf anyone can take a step back and read the review again.  Look, he is claiming he took unauthorized control of this server at some point in the past.  He also claim that this server spread virus to its players.  Both of these are serious charges.  I do believe it is necessary to present the details of these charges, let the reader to decide if this server is worth their time.  Why would Symbiote refuse to do an in depth review that include all the details to help potential player decides.  Having a bit of preview in the site's review such as those example I mentioned above should get your topic the necessary attention.  There is nothing wrong with linked in depth review, especially his claim can't be explained in 330 chars.

I already did. I'm not doing more than I've done, you just need to open your god damn eyes, it seems, and actually read things. I never said that the staff purposely spread a virus, though I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. They claim "unauthorized access," I claim s***. But that's something up for debate. Whether or not they took a week to actually do something about the virus is not. That's a fact, and can be proven simply by following the Essence forum thread I linked to in other posts.

Quote from: yC on Apr 06, 2009, 12:22 AMNow if you want to tell me that you made a suggestion of increasing the char limit, let me ask you how many reviewers do you think, got unauthorized access of the server he or she plays and how many servers have virus in their patchers.  In your case, if I were a reader.  I would appreciate all the details you can provide, from how you joined the server to how you quit the server (just like the other reviews in the review forum).  In your case, so complicated, admin access, virus etc, 330 or 500 or 1000 characters will not do it.  So going with the circle, we are back to the suggestion I made in 1) of the summary above.

No, yC. Let me ask you how it is you believe that only people exactly like myself are ever going to need more than 330 characters to explain what the f*** they have to say about a server. 330 is too small. End of story.

Quote from: yC on Apr 06, 2009, 12:22 AMScars / everyone:  This is not about the mention of security breach (excluding password / logins that will be used in a harmful way), though I see someone is pushing it this way to cause drama.  It is his review contain only security breach and nothing else that will make it a valid review.  Otherwise I wouldn't suggest him to do a more detailed review of the server but only delete the review and do nothing else.  The mention of security breach, which is not anywhere related to the available rating categories, does not explain the score given, as explained previously:

My review does not only mention their lack of security. Why is it so difficult for your poor mind to comprehend, dear? I'm just not understand how it is that an Administrator for such a popular website is so oblivious. My review contains the same, if not more than, at least 70% of the reviews on the website. Security can fall under the server's stability, I'm sorry to let you know.

Quote from: yC on Apr 06, 2009, 12:22 AMand see in his eyes that he is not breaking any rule.  No point to argue, some like to believe in one world and some like to believe in another.

In everyone's eyes except your own, I am not breaking any rule. The guidelines are right there in my screenshot. My review conforms with the rules. You, are incompetent.

sigh instead of this going back in forth why not just do the simple thing of putting a link in there like yc said?

this is just getting tiresome..... if anything people are just digging themselves into bigger and bigger holes

Symbiote

Just proxying by to let everyone know that I appear to have been firewall banned from the server(computer) in which the RMS website is hosted on. That's what happens when you face corruption, guys! ;p

Scars

Well its no longer about the guidelines etc, its about listening to the admin..

You just have to live with it now, you made your point that you think "yC has bad judgement or even bias"

Weather others agree it depends on their own each individual self.

Apart from that there's not much more you can do.

My point is further arguments is worthless.

yC

Quote from: Symbiote on Apr 06, 2009, 01:00 AM
Just proxying by to let everyone know that I appear to have been firewall banned from the server(computer) in which the RMS website is hosted on. That's what happens when you face corruption, guys! ;p

Are you trying to make yourself look stupid or trying to push corruption on me?  I never ban IP server/website wide.  Simply because there are plenty of IPs available out there.

Before the above quote, I was thinking you are only stubborn and would not accept judgment from anyone else.  With a little respect for you.  Now I have to look down on you because you lied in order to cause drama on me. 

Fix your computer and don't let me guess that you will try to do a comeback with forged proof of IP ban.  Period. 

Quote from: Symbiote on Apr 06, 2009, 01:00 AM
and just to inform you:

it would take more then 5 minutes for yc to arrange that
if there was an attempt to ban you, you wouldn't be able to log into that account
and finally, do you really think RMS would bother to take the time to do that? XD

Symbiote

Quote from: Scars on Apr 06, 2009, 01:05 AM
Well its no longer about the guidelines etc, its about listening to the admin..

You just have to live with it now, you made your point that you think "yC has bad judgement or even bias"

Weather others agree it depends on their own each individual self.

Apart from that there's not much more you can do.

My point is further arguments is worthless.

I'm sorry that you're content to sit by and watch an Administrator bend the rules, my friend. That's called corruption. In this case, especially. You agree that yC is out of line, that's all I need. You're only misguided in the sense that you believe it's okay for whatever the Admin says to "go," no matter how wrong they are.

Quote from: yC on Apr 06, 2009, 01:09 AMAre you trying to make yourself look stupid or trying to push corruption on me?  I never ban IP server/website wide.  Simply because there are plenty of IPs available out there.

Before the above quote, I was thinking you are only stubborn and would not accept judgment from anyone else.  With a little respect for you.  Now I have to look down on you because you lied in order to cause drama on me. 

Fix your computer and don't let me guess that you will try to do a comeback with forged proof of IP ban.  Period.

Again, you go off with your inability to read/comprehend the English language. Can you see this?

Quote from: Symbiote on Apr 06, 2009, 01:00 AMlet everyone know that I appear to have been firewall banned

I'm sure that you can. Can you comprehend it? If not, let me point it out for you. It is an assumption, it is stated to be an assumption, it is not a statement. However, fact is, I suddenly cannot connect to RateMyServer.net. This is not the case with any other website. Perhaps you should consult Riotblade? ;p

In any case, yC. You are acting as if you're corrupt, the connection issue aside, as I was never complaining about that regarding you, now, was I? Your willingness to bend the rules even when you're wrong is enough to make brand you with that label.