CorruptRO - Spamming bad reviews of other servers

Started by Donkey, Jun 15, 2007, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donkey

Not sure if this is supposed to go here since it was done by a player on the server rather than the owner(s), but...

Someone from CorruptRO had put up bad reviews of several servers along with links to CorruptRO's primary forum. The person claimed to have played on each of those servers for at least one year without giving any reason as to why they gave such bad reviews to those servers.

Screenshots:

Today's listing of reviews

Interesting bit from their forum

Full link to forum topic with that post here.
http://corruptro.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=179&start=0

Caprion

Sounds like "CorruptRO" is a very appropriate name for it.

It's a pity that shameless servers like this one take advantage of this site, which is such a wonderful idea for finding out about servers to play on.

akihito

LOL , if they fuxking dare to advertise in my server i swear i'll DoS them >:3

yC

sigh is it really that hard to get ppl when your server is good?

anyway ... i just don't get ppl ... i always feel the rating system is faulted and not many ppl would use it ... i might rebuild it someday ...

Caprion

The only part I don't agree with is "Guild Competition." The older players will always win WoE, since they've had more time to get the levels and equips needed.

Donkey

And this is just sad... Saw a few posts up this morning which were clearly edited by the GMs. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get screenshots of the morning's posts. Though it's really rather pathetic that they would resort to editing posts just to fail at making themselves look good.

BaNiSHeDHeLL

"CorruptRO" sounds like a rip off of the old server Scryed used to run "KorruptRO" .. Now he just toys around with ScytheRO and SynergyRO and whatever else.

I Am Eternal, Ruler of the Earth and Sky //

BaNiSHeDHeLL - Crusader
KiLLDaY - Wizard
BLooDBaTH - Hunter
MegaDeth - Knight

dook

lol its funny. stunts like this just make a server look much worse, not better. :D

akihito

LOL he edited my post D=

lets DoS them and teach them a lesson >:3

finnith

They coulda at least not called themselves CorruptRO...
S>Rock lol

Play on the Excalibur Network servers.

http://www.excalibur-ro.com/

Johnbad

dookleeto has it right. When a server goes around doing that it makes me think "do I really want to play at a server that needs to spam on other server ratings?" My friends said they didn't like CorruptRO. (idk if they had facts or if it was just personal opinion)

Transcend

The admin did not say GO SPAM OTHER S REVIEWS OLALAL.I think we are all being blind to the true facts just because of the name of this server!

asdfqwerty123

Quote from: Transcend on Jun 25, 2007, 04:14 PM
The admin did not say GO SPAM OTHER S REVIEWS OLALAL.I think we are all being blind to the true facts just because of the name of this server!

"Blind to the true facts," is that suppose to be funny?  Because it wasn't.  The staff members refuse to take responsibility for it and hide behind the idea that since their head admin didn't do it personally that it's suppose to be alright (which it's not).  This server is getting more attention than it deserves by even talking about it.  I'm sure the GM's there like negative attention as much as anything else.

CorruptRO

Hmm I just stumbled across this and this is absolutly crazy... I cant belive they would do this all I requested was to help advertise not flame other servers. Im truly truly sorry and please don't take it out on the name "CorruptRO" the GM who edited the post was NOT me but the player who PMed on my forum who brought this to my attention is greatly aprreciated. Once again im truly very sorry this has happened if a Admin from ratemyserver.net please delete those remarks that my foolish players have said to the victims of this.
Posted on: July 22, 2007, 10:08:57 AM
Quote from: akihito on Jun 16, 2007, 11:25 AM
LOL he edited my post D=

lets DoS them and teach them a lesson >:3
Sorry, that was not me that edited that post, it was a forum GM who tried to protect a friend from being flamed. Truly sorry it was edited I would of wanted to see the real post you have made ^^;.

Weltall

In this situation of posts i think corruptro is goingto CORRUPT...get it?? CORRUPT -_- im so bad at jokes

Descent

If I caught any of my players pulling this garbage they'd be banned so fast their heads would spin.