Suspicious!

Started by DarkKirby, Jan 13, 2007, 05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkKirby

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=1163&url_sname=BrettsRO&page_num=1

Everyone but a couple people gave the server a 100/100 review, and they were all around the same time because if you look on the side you can see that they are far apart since BrettsRO is on there about 5 times. 

Loki FortunaRO

Well... it's entirely possible the server is just pressuring it's players to rate, or even possibly rewarding it.  However, I agree that NO server should get a 100... let alone nearly unanimous 100s!  That seems like skewed voting.

yC

they signed up on  2007-01-12, of course they are going to tell their players to make some reviews, that's normal =/ for servers that are not brand new but newly signed up ... usually players of the server give a near to 100 rate if they like the server, can't do much just hope ppl be honest

llxwarbirdxll

Of course you can expand the staff in ratemyserver
and have some of them play for a few days
on another server and review some of them.

Pandora

Yeah, some of those are probably skewed, but it would be too hard on the RMS staff to decipher that kinda stuff, which ones are legit or not. I just hope they check ip?

I saw a low rate server get 100 on the day of its opening, yeah like guild competition, server's economy and such were 10/10  ::)
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Orguss

If RMS wants to hire me to personally test servers and rate them, I'd be happy to ;p I've only got... say 5 years of RO experience? ;p

Loki FortunaRO

How long has RO even been around?

Pandora

I think beta was like 6 maybe even 7 years ago?

I've been playing for 3 years.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

yC

sometimes i see servers 3 with online player and has 10 reviews ... sigh ... abusing the system isn't a solution and they keep doing it ... keeping me busy checking these and that ...

i always think some ppl could help but bleh what can they do xD even the easiest task, look for dead servers (and remove), i have to do it myself T_T (how bout i make it a community thing, make a sticky topic in support forum and ppl can post there the rms site link of the dead server, it will save me some time to hunt them xD)

Caprion

Is it possible to just run a quick SQL query to run a report on any server that has gone 3 months without a review, then just investigate those to see if they're dead?

dravokivich

Quote from: yC on Jan 17, 2007, 06:29 PM
sometimes i see servers 3 with online player and has 10 reviews ... sigh ... abusing the system isn't a solution and they keep doing it ... keeping me busy checking these and that ...

with just 3 people online at one time doesn't mean that they are the only 3 that play it. there could be another person on a few hours later, or another group of 15 people on during the weekend.

yC

Quote from: Caprion on Jan 18, 2007, 11:57 AM
Is it possible to just run a quick SQL query to run a report on any server that has gone 3 months without a review, then just investigate those to see if they're dead?

i could but heh there are plenty of servers dead without reaching 3 months of life xD

dravokivich: yes i know but it's amazingly cozy if u get 100% of the ppl to write a review.

dravokivich

there are times when players are desperate for others to join so they just click as high as possible for everything because it makes it seem atractive. Then again i dont have access to the logs for checking up who did what with the voting and all that. I was just mentioning another perspective for those who dont have said access.

kopono

Well, like my server... we have 141 reviews, but only have a max of 57 players so far. This is only because we were shut down to financial issues. After 2 months of being down, we started it back up because I decided to spend more money even if I was losing a lot.