Aion-RO

Started by Kensei, Mar 15, 2011, 04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kensei

So yeah just wanna say something about this server. I was invited there by my friend and decided to jump to their forum before I download the client. But after some day, I started to think this server is shiz (from the forum only I can see already), and I'm glad I haven't jump ingame or inviting more people to join. I also saw that the advertiser also got his topic here deleted twice due to lacking effort on the topic (amirite?). Double shiz.

Aion-RO was announced as a PvP/GvG server and RWC server, but since I'm after the PvP/GvG, I won't talk much about the RWC ones, here's what I'm gonna say about the RWC server :

Topic : http://www.aion-ro.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=5&pid=426&st=0&#entry426

My word : This is so lame nowadays people don't play non-trans, they play trans classes. And giving Lv85/60 is like, asking you to GvG with half-assed character. What's so fun on that? And no duplicate character? If this means dualclient/multi, this is another stupid thing. It should be allowed since dual/multiclienting is much harder. Multi-clienting on such 7v7 is like free kill, why so afraid? Unless it's noobs vs pros.

And about the PvP/GvG, big sigh. The GMs barely know what should be given for guild transfer and maintaining the time, so does the "Ultimate new system" they put on their banner on the main site. What I see is a plain donkey Tierra/Flavius/KvM BG. Seriously, MalevolentRO's BG is way much better.

Topic : http://www.aion-ro.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=185

This one is a suggestion topic on what will be given for guild transfer. Most of the posts were deleted due to some flaming and arguments, but they almost gave one Deviling card (lol). People giving suggestion, the GM doesn't argue and changes without talking with the players first, thus deleting the posts.

And last about the PvP/GvG server, they said international players are welcome, but the WoE times cater Asian all the time (9PM @ GMT +8). When we asked for a change, the GM made it 2 separate WoE for Asian and American people (big lol).

Other forum-based issues :
1. I got final warning from strict posting about WoE suggestions and saying f*ck (lol is it 5 y.o kids server?), so did the others, but one guy did not get warned even he's on the argument, dunno why but maybe he's supporting the server?

2. This server was giving away ingame items for those who write good reviews on RMS about the server. There was a topic on the forum about this but it got deleted because some people warned the admin (delete before RMS spy see it lol), but looks like they are not planning on stopping, instead, doing it secretly. Here's the screenshot of the topic before it got deleted and also I put the file properties (so you know when I took the picture)

And here's the proof that someone's really enthusiastic making reviews : http://www.aion-ro.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=215 (this dude is obviously a loyalist, and the only player in the server)
If the link is deleted, I'll provide SS like above.

So, what do you say? I'm not writing this on Rant and Rave nor Report because I want to discuss it whether this server is still fine or deserve to get on the other section.

MeowyMeow

About time too.

yC

Okay, I feel bad about this because I can't sleep and decided to investigate this further with google cache.

Turns out that history don't lie, http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:v5bhrU5u27MJ:www.aion-ro.com/bbs/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D198%26mode%3Dthreaded+site:aion-ro.com/bbs+review&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.ca

So there isn't much I can do now except to send them the suspension email.  I was considering if action should be taken because first I don't see damage has been done.  There were barely any review made in March.  Second, the ss don't have the url and the date of the ss could be anything regardless of how you show it.  

Well google cache says the cache was taken on March 7th, and the cache says "today".

Why would you report the server after a week (on the 15th) and took screenshot of the "date" of the "forum ss" on the 10th?

Kensei

I reported kinda late because I wanted to give the server a chance to fix themselves, but looks like they are not going anywhere. Can say as good as dead. So, why not make a review here?

If you look at the forum itself, you should see when the latest post is. Yeah, no one barely joins or posts on the forum anymore (so does the GMs). Also, when I thought that the case of giving free items has been closed, a topic of someone asking for the gift appeared, so I think the case is not closed, rather, done secretly.

Well about the damage, if you haven't visit the game, you can't know about it fully. But how about assuming 1 Aion-RO review = items given to player already? For the server age, I think the server has been up since January, but closed and will be reopened on March (seeing the forum members).

As for the SS, no, I did not change anything. I took the SS right after I posted on that topic, and on the next day, GM002 deleted the topic. If only you can revive posts on others forum, you'll know whether I'm being honest or not.

EDIT : I couldnt find the server on the list now, did you delist it?

yC

Did you not read my post  ???

They are suspended.

Kensei

Just to make sure, my dear <3

And thanks for reading.

mickiedeez

If this is a Server report it's in the wrong section, if it's a review then I'd like to ask: Don't you generally have to play a server to accurately review it?

Aside from the report part, the only thing in your review is complaining about stupid crap. You whine about receiving punishment for violating the rules of the server forums, and whine about how bad rewards and items received for using certain functions are. You've never played this server thus you have absolutely no right to say anything about it. IMO this thread should either be deleted or moved to the proper section for reporting servers. The RMS main site review guidelines prohibit reviews for servers you haven't been ingame on, why should the forum reviews be any different?
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

Kensei

Gotta love the quote on yer sig cuz it's so true <3.

If you say I'm the only one who complained, you're dead wrong. There are more than one people who complained and didn't bother playing as well just because we can see from the forum that the server won't last long. And who said I was punished? I still can log on to their forum but I don't feel like wasting any seconds on something that's dead (downloading and playing is out of the option now). Whine about bad rewards? Did you read the posts properly?

As I can say, I don't need to play the server for a LONG time to see how good/bad it is. And I'm sure that some people here do that as well. Why still playing when you know the server obviously suck anyway? Got nothing better to do out there?

And if this one should be moved, it can go to Server Reports section because it's obvious that they were buying reviews for ingame items. Doesn't change the fact that this server needs to be delisted. If you ask for deletion, then you're kinda covering this server eh? Obvious crime is obvious.

P.S : oh did ya think I got warned = punished? no ser. I got warned for saying "f**k" (lol5yokidsserver) and there are more than one person who gets warned just because of that. were the players bad or the GMs are bunch of carebears? (the Thai GM was cool but the Pinoy GM seems to love to show his e-peen)

P.S 2 : I think you need to learn how2read whole topic before replying. Saw your recent posts and you tend to reply when you see something you disagree, then you don't bother reading the other stuffs (which could answer your unnecessary questions). Marine messed yer brain boy? Back to school aye!

Relics