A GM Writing a review?

Started by Newly, Jul 02, 2009, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newly

Isnt it a rule where if you GM for a server you can't write a review?

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=7702&itv=6&url_sname=Ambience&page_num=1 This is the server

Check the Review left by Little Mouse.

Now check these forums.

http://forum.ambiencero.co.uk/

Little mouse is a GM for that server.

A92FL0163

As far as I know, there is no rule about GM reviewing their own server, as far as they give a honest and fair review about it.

yC

Quote from: A92FL0163 on Jul 02, 2009, 09:47 PM
As far as I know, there is no rule about GM reviewing their own server, as far as they give a honest and fair review about it.

In additional to that, each person should only write ONE review for the same server no matter you are gm, admin or player.

Newly

Alright thanks. I thought i heard from some where you couldnt wasnt sure.

yC

It isn't a rule i desirably put on.  In a perfect world i wouldn't prefer to allow gm/admin to write review.  However, it is a relaxed rule because it is hard to enforce the "gm/admin can't write a review" thing.  A server can have a few admins and a few gms, how are we suppose to know the reviewer is a gm/admin when there is only one account holder for a listing.  So when a gm/admin is reported for writing review on his own server, we are supposed to validate the report which is difficult because we don't play the server (and rms username can be anything).  Then for some other server when a gm/admin writes a single review on his own server, nobody reports it.  They got away with it.  In the end we just have to allow everyone to write ONE review of each server to avoid the unfairness and allow better allocation of resources. 

Will clean up topic on those off-topic posts.

Hutchy

Mm, it'd be hard to enforce. Someone could write a review as a regular player and get promoted later on, for example. It'd be a lot of stress and annoyance trying to track down forum posts and harass admins about who might and might not be on staff.

I'm not a fan of staff writing reviews, personally, because it tends to be that glowing 90-100 "this is great, this is amazing, maybesomeofthisherecouldusesomework BUT IT'S SO PERFECT" type thingy.