Whyyyyy????????????!?!?!

Started by Guest, May 04, 2008, 11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okay so this may go into rant-ish mode a bit but ya... lol anyway onto my topic:

why? why is it that all the low rate servers seem to be turning into mid rates? i mean why does everyone want to play higher rates all of a sudden? what ever happened to the days where people play on 1/1/1's? what ever happened to when everyone would consider 3/3/3 high rates? yet now 25/25/25 seems to be the new "normal" rates?

okay end my rant now XDD

onto my question now: why does it seem like everyone wants higher rates now? does no one want to play good old fashion 1/1/1 rates anymore?

Loki

Because they're lazy and don't like to grind their asses off. That includes me  :D
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

~EXKillA~

bingo kabuki
thats so true...

i had a question long time ago and the players had to vote...

higher rates or multilevling, so guess what they have chosen ^.~ the players nowadays are so lazy ._.
[color=red]ECCHI-RO has been moved

New Domain >>>>>> http://ecchi-rag.com/ <<<<<< New Domain

We also activated our old Forum until we fixed our current one, please check out the Homepage[/color]

T.T their lazyness depresses me Dx

N> a stable, highly populated 1/1/1 rate that i dun have to pay for Y.Y

HuiJun

lol 3J. how many times did you level to 99/70 until you decided to sit in pront as a novice? XD

Quote from: Loki on Nov 11, 2008, 12:01 AM
You're one slick gal, JJJ.

Pandora

I think that's because most players are veteran to RO, they proved they could grind their way to 99/70, and since private servers sometimes shut down they did it multiple times usually. So the same old grinding is not appealing to them, and they turn to midrates.

Maybe also because the RO population has aged a little, from teenagers in high school to young adults in college who have less time to play video game and are seeking a more casual experience.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

AlviN

i h8 x1s...

since x1 servers doesn't guarantee to be open in a long run... it's like u've just finished ure +7 stuffs or 99'ed rebirth in a year and then tomorrow or days later, the servers closing or wiped out... that hurts on your part w/c u didnt even enjoy those very hard earned stuffs to be in use...

somehow in midrates, even u got wiped for 6 mts. or less at least u've enjoyed to use the stuffs u want that u've already got w/in the month since u've joined... less heartaches on your part...

i go for 10x or up...
pack that sheet!

Quote from: hanhuijun on May 05, 2008, 11:31 AM
lol 3J. how many times did you level to 99/70 until you decided to sit in pront as a novice? XD
oh about 500

Quote from: AlviN on May 05, 2008, 02:37 PM
since x1 servers doesn't guarantee to be open in a long run... it's like u've just finished ure +7 stuffs or 99'ed rebirth in a year and then tomorrow or days later, the servers closing or wiped out... that hurts on your part w/c u didnt even enjoy those very hard earned stuffs to be in use...
but come on ppl get bord of 20x and 10x rates so fast they just rush through everything then within a few months they have all they need so they just quit
here as on a low rate it takes ten times that long for them to get everything xD (thats my failure logic)

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Grinding is what's fun in MMORPGs. Obviously there needs to be a balance between grinding and seeing results. For me that balance is 5x.

I agree that there has been lot of 10+ rates lately... people just get eAthena, set rates to 10, throw in job changer/warper/healer the lot, and create McRO - fast food(Not that I am against fast food).

Loki

Quote from: Pandora on May 05, 2008, 01:26 PM

Maybe also because the RO population has aged a little, from teenagers in high school to young adults in college who have less time to play video game and are seeking a more casual experience.

I forgot to put ^. Very true... Even the kids now a days needs to study, or do their assignment...or multiple loads of home work.

HuiJun

what's fun in RO is the endgame. the endgame is MVP, PVP, and WoE. everything else is a path to the endgame.

Quote from: Loki on Nov 11, 2008, 12:01 AM
You're one slick gal, JJJ.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Then play Guild Wars.

Or UT.

bulbasteve

Maybe if you defined "grind". To me grind means "boring pvm, typically solo".

I have no problem saying PvM is what is fun about MMORPGs, but if you mean the constant beating up of 1 million rabbits to get up to level 2 then no...no no no.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Well obviously, all work and no pay is simply discouraging, something that Koreans and Japanese can't simply comprehend apparently.

Loki

^
They work too hard lol. I would rather if we had more action with PvM and get rewarded equally. Usually, mobs would just hit with melee which is boring.

hey i found lvl'ing fun >.>

my fun:
1/4 leveling
1/8 gears
1/8 mvp'ing
1/2 sitting and talking

XD so ya i found lvl'ing accutally fun =o just not hunting XD

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

You found leveling fun on 1x rates?

Loki

I used to like 1x rates. Until trans class comes out which is more grinding and more unbalance. But I like the way trans class sprites look  :D Maybe if someone found a way to make non trans class use trans class sprites, I might join  ;D

Back to topic, depends on peoples condition, if they bring money in everyday without doing anything, I guess they would like to do something that could keep them busy  :D

Fruityla

People don't have that kind of time anymore >_>
Old game is old.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Either Earth's rotation speed increased and I missed the memo or you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Torte de Lini

1/1/1 is a bit extreme to be honest.
Not everyone has the devotion to play on that difficulty.

Ansuz Isaz

xD Standard is a little extreme? Wow. I dunno, I used to love it there.

The extreme is the free version of the game. xD .5 rates. I still want to see if there' any trace of that .3x/.3x/.3x server I saw four years ago just for the sake of it, but I doubt there's any sign of it at this point. xD Especially since I forgot the name of it now.

superja

Yeah that would be crazy. I saw it a while ago on one of those toplists... I think it was a Spanish server of some kind. Anyways, after some searching, I've got nothing. I'm not shocked that it couldn't survive...

Ya know, if nobody figured out how to change experience rates, we'd all be happily grinding away on 1x/1x/1x because we wouldn't know anything else. Honestly, playing higher rates ruins you for a bit.

fluidin

JJJ, I'm pretty sure there are, or at least were, free 1/1/1 official servers out there.

Population is generally better and more numerous in those servers, so why not try them out?
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Dx find me one and i'll kiss u =3

EDIT: lol i should say find me a good one.... and yes i know about the 0.5/0.5/0.5 offical one....

superja

inRO chaos is basically iRO, just behind in updates. They're on Lighthalzen. Rates= 1x/1x/1x. Getting the download can be a bit tricky though.

But if you're looking for population, there's always the horribly overpowered pRO Valk... ("Join the order of the gods... 50% more exp and drops!!!!" "Get your MVP cards today!")