Why not iRO?

Started by minhe, Dec 22, 2012, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orewasugoi

Don't know if your looking for pre renewal or renewal.  However, if you want stability I would suggest iRO.  I played too many low rate pservers that just fall apart after 6 months.  I really enjoy the stability that iRO offers.  I don't mind the bots people say there are a lot of them but unless your 99ing on the wolves map this really won't affect you (pre renewal).  The rates aren't that bad.  It was certainly one of the harder adjustment I had to make as a pserver player but the 1x rates (renewal) 1.5x rates (pre renewal) hardly have any affect on the game for me now.

Keep in mind that iRO follows much different mechanics than all private servers.  If you know what your doing or learn the mechanics I think you will find the server quite enjoyable and relatively easy to play.

motherflippin

You think iRO is bad comparing kafra with donations yet you're considering TalonRO which has like MVP cards for $5. ok.

iRO Classic is ok-ish. If you want some kawaii PvM server DivinityRO isn't bad. For comp. WoE you need to look at the spanish/BR/pinoy/etc WoE servers.

lilsword

based on my experiences, i have tried the first 5 servers listed in "Low Rate"

Talon RO -  Good server, populated, but w/ customs, if you are looking for a server with almost the same as iRO, this is not a good server for you, but if you are okay with some customs and some twists then Talon RO is good.

Resurgence Ragnarok Online - good server, nice population (not high but not too low), no customs, almost same as iRO but exp is a bit fast like when you kill a poring at level 10, you gain 60% exp.

Ragnarok Frontier -  good server too, 85% of players are very nice then the rest are Racist or bad players, was a loyal player then quit due to discrimination, the server is balance though, no customs, the server is only good for players from western countries, if you are from Asia, dont plan to join here, you'll end up like me.

iROnic - very dedicated server, small community. the staffs are good, i played this server just for fun, we just want to experience playing in parties with my friend. very close to iRO, less customization. this server will be better if there will be more players.

heRO - good server, but players are not that nice, 75% mute 25% dont know what they are doing. xD 75% of daily server population is vendors. you'll hardly find a newbie party, most of the players are already max levels.

Playtester

Ooooh, seems that there actually are servers with less customs around. Too bad all have such high rates (20x is high for me).

Doesn't Ragnarok Frontier have open PVP? I'd count that as pretty big custom. =p

lilsword

i guess it is, but pvp is not active in Ragnarok Frontier. players just sit in the room but they never fight. lol

Playtester

Hmmm I guess it might not be an issue. But open PVP on almost all maps makes me think I go to anubis to level with my TU priest and then some other players comes and just kills me and I have to all the way to Anubis again, just to be killed again after some minutes. Am I wrong?

lilsword

Quote from: Playtester on Jan 03, 2013, 01:34 PM
Hmmm I guess it might not be an issue. But open PVP on almost all maps makes me think I go to anubis to level with my TU priest and then some other players comes and just kills me and I have to all the way to Anubis again, just to be killed again after some minutes. Am I wrong?
haha. i know how it feel bro. but players has respect for players who are grinding, they dont kill newbies.

nile

Quote from: lilsword on Jan 02, 2013, 04:55 PMResurgence Ragnarok Online - good server, nice population (not high but not too low), no customs, almost same as iRO but exp is a bit fast like when you kill a poring at level 10, you gain 60% exp.

Actually had a funny experience today with this server, during most of WoE everyone had lag spikes constantly and some people had a lot of DCs (seemed like ddos). When my guild took the castle everyone outside of the guild got disconnected. So I guess we won. They've been having lag-problems or something on both servers apparently.