Which do you prefer? server with 3rd job or without?

Started by Dread-RO, May 20, 2011, 04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you prefer? server with 3rd job or without?

With 3rd job
Without 3rd job

Dread-RO

Which do you prefer? server with 3rd job or without? And why?

leokimah

Not fully updated or even close to completed. Not balanced (some classes are just ridiculous). The rest is just preference.

Dschill

3rd job :)
dunno why, I just like them... Sure, some a overpowered
but you can counter anything ;D

Croissant

Without, generally because I dislike Renewal. I'm fine with the 3rd jobs themselves but they kind of require Renewal to work correctly with the other jobs.

CookieEater

I'm still used to Pre-Renewal Transcendent classes, though I do have a Crusader on iRO but he's still low and hasn't seen much gametime. Once I've tried the 3rd Jobs I'll make an opinion.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Kyomi

I like the 3rd jobs, so long as the server they're on has full working Renewal mechanics, and didn't just toss them in and nerf them to death in an attempt to "balance" them. I also prefer them on LR servers, just my personal preference. They seem to be more balanced that way.

Many server owners make the mistake of just throwing them into their server without really paying attention to the fact they were made with the mechanics in mind, hence why they end up being OP on pre-Renewal servers. :/

Usagimimi

I like them, but they're unbalanced in PvM - it's like in RE V where you can have unlimited ammunition on a Magnum. It's not fun. All you do is OHKO s***.

Wish they'd buff the monsters up, 'cause as of now, it's pathetic.

Mushu

kRO is throwing out a lot of rebalancing patches. Rune Knights, Royal Guards have been nerfed on Sakray, awaiting Genetic and Sura nerfs as they are long overdue. To be honest, I think renewal sped up RO's death. I mean it's a cool concept and it's fun but total mechanic changes usually piss people off. If for instance, a server opened WITH renewal, then it might be successful, but going from Pre to Renewal is like making all the stuff that people hunted in the past near useless, which hurts a lot on low rates. In like two to three years, I bet even the official servers will move from ro1 to ro2 as their player counts drop at a rate where people don't feel that it's still worth playing on them anymore.

Gene

Without. TBH I started hating RO after renewal and 3rds came out. Renewal mech is like copying other online games that you get s*** exp if your level doesn't match. RO was unique, but mehh.

leokimah

Quote from: Mushu on May 20, 2011, 10:34 PM
kRO is throwing out a lot of rebalancing patches. Rune Knights, Royal Guards have been nerfed on Sakray, awaiting Genetic and Sura nerfs as they are long overdue. To be honest, I think renewal sped up RO's death. I mean it's a cool concept and it's fun but total mechanic changes usually piss people off. If for instance, a server opened WITH renewal, then it might be successful, but going from Pre to Renewal is like making all the stuff that people hunted in the past near useless, which hurts a lot on low rates. In like two to three years, I bet even the official servers will move from ro1 to ro2 as their player counts drop at a rate where people don't feel that it's still worth playing on them anymore.

Exactly the introduction itself on the iRO forums completely killed ever playing official servers again for me. Which is why I sold my accounts, items and zeny asap.

LeaLea

Without completely.

It's as if they got 5-6 people in a room, got them drunk and went "OH HELL I KNOW WHAT WE COULD DO". Then by the time they'd sobered up it was too late to go back. Renewal is horrible, they shouldn't have even bothered.

It's like extended classes all over again.

And if we HAVE to have them, they could at least be more balanced. Even on official's they're still trying to get it right.

Leamee

I hate renewal and won't ever try it but you know what, I came back to ro because of renewal. I hate the renewal interface and even if I had a lot of crazy stuff on the serv I just left I hate the new bosses too.
The new monsters are okay, they should have focused on that. We don't need no SM or Nid-something.
Oh and by the way, that's coming from someone who has several dark bashir +5, a +6 proxy, valk armor, valky shield, Darmor, Drings and Dboots.
The new bosses have just made it harder for casual players to fend for themselves in PVP/BG. I really wish they had stopped making imba items after abbey dungeon because wool and tidal was cool before but now it sucks so people just have to find a way to kill bosses or buy donation credits.
Also, variant shoes is the most horrible item ever. Its uses are quite limited in PVP (sorry champs) and it doesn't go with another item plus you can't wear BSB with it. Lady Tanee card if it was easy obtainable would obviously be better. The thing is, it's almost impossible to tank a good asura unless you're an LK/Paladin. I have a friend who has good equips for her champ and she told me that she can OS everybody, even the people who have 67% DH resist and that's true. I doubt that Variant Shoes would save them as they'd lose HP without the BG combo so there you go.

It's as if they're trying to nerf classes that are supposed to OS everybody under right circumstances (Sin X/ Champ) but fail miserably.

Ganondorf

Since I'm generally a SHR server player lately, I like having 3rd jobs around just to **** around on.  If they separate their PvP/WoE then it really doesn't upset balance at all unless you include PvM/MvP which really doesn't play a big role in HR/SHR servers most of the time.

cloudsro

I like to try 3rd jobs, didn't tried it yet. But others keep on discouraging me that they are too imbalance I don't know why might as well try it myself.

Signify

Quote from: Gene on May 20, 2011, 10:44 PM
Without. TBH I started hating RO after renewal and 3rds came out. Renewal mech is like copying other online games that you get s*** exp if your level doesn't match. RO was unique, but mehh.
I agree with you. The moment I saw the new sprites, especially the Royal Guard with a gryphon, part of me just died. I have lost all confidence in Gravity.