Which CP do you recommend?

Started by Amayax, Jul 05, 2009, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amayax

Quote from: Brian on Jul 07, 2009, 09:09 PM
It was made by intelligent people and as far as I know it does not have any exploits or it wouldn't be use at all. Don't you think?

That was what I was wondering. Thats one of the reasons why I made this thread. Except I took out the part I posted on eAthena where I asked people to confirm the rumours I was getting about FluxCP. But anyways, its confirmed now. They aren't true.

Yuufa xD!

FluxCP is most deff my favorite CP. :]

I highly recommend it!

Pandora

I've heard only good things about FluxCP before, not to mention from this thread I gather it would actively be worked on if a problem was found, which is more than most CP XD
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Amayax

Thanks =]
Glad to know I can get it ;P

Notorious

FluxCP is the most logical CP out there.

CeresCP is good, but the problem is their password recovery system. In order to enable password recovery you must disable md5 hash which is a huge security risk.

FluxCP has a password reset function which gives you a new random password to your email, which you can then use to gain access back to your CP and change your password yourself in there. This allows you to keep hashing which makes the db much more secure because even if it does get compromised, your account passwords are unreadable (there are ways to crack md5 passwords but it takes time which you could use to warn your users to change their passwords).

Overall, I have not heard of any incidences where a server was hacked due to using FluxCP. FluxCP is a high quality opensource control panel which you should appreciate.

The people who claim that it is insecure should show some proof before opening their big mouths.

Ofcourse a self made CP would be the best option if you are good at php and have the time. FluxCP is also easy to customzie if you make the effort.

SilverStream~

I'm curious, all these "insecurities".  What are they?  How could/would you exploit the system?

I don't know what md5 is(yet), and while on the topic, why does fluxCp not have these things?  How is it coded that it uses something else?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DeePee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_scripting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_injection

MD5 is an encryption method that is mostly used to encrypt passwords for web applications. For a long time it's been unbreakable, but I think lately there have been some discoveries to bruteforce it relatively fast.

Notorious

Yeah, rainbow tables are now an option too..

but if you ask me, its much better than nothing.