What was your favorite feature of your Favorite RO server

Started by Siren, Aug 05, 2015, 02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siren

Hey guys,  i'm very nostalgic today, so I'm wondering...What do you miss from your most favorite server, and why?

Obviously a lot of people are going to say the community, because that's what Ragnarok really is about, the friends you play with..But what specific feature?

I personally loved EssenceRO's custom card sets that enabled bonuses to specific classes, I thought it was ingenuous!

Len

Hi! My first ever server was FeelRO and my favourite feature was their custom main town, Ostia. I really loved that place and that's where I would travel and explore the most c:

Cheppo

Not my first ever server (I came from iRO) but the private server I enjoyed the most was znRO.

There was nothing special to it, really. In fact iirc, the lack of updates led to its eventual downfall. But I had a lot of friends, and we were close in the way you became close over RO, and it was just a bunch of good times.

Welp, probably going to go post in long lost friends now.

Coming in second would probably be DivinityRO.
Hatred of Cookie aside, I feel like he ran a damn good server, and without having better words to describe it..
It was very neat. As far as I could tell, anyway.

OldeRagnarok

Funny that you say that Len, I played FeelRO for quite some time and was very fond of there main town aswell. I had some very good times there, Still to this day I can't recall why they shut down as far as I remember it was always bumping there... But my all time favourite was RetRO. Definitely one of the best & most accurate pre-trans classic servers that has ever been around. Unfortunately they closed there doors a few years ago and I'm currently trying to remake it and set the bar / live up to GM RetRO's standards. Wish me luck, and or come check us out @ OldeRO <3

Esdese22

My fav features are Hat Maker NPC and Skin Race System.
because i love to collect cute hats
Skin Race System has no effect but i just find it unique /lv

XicoR4

My favorite feature in RO was in a server named SakuraRO, it had an event called contest of champions.
Basically you'd fight 3 waves of monsters from the same element and a MVP at the end. It had 3 difficulties iirc and a custom MVP in the hardest difficulty. It was a ton of fun partying with whoever joined the event and fight tough monsters.

Krossos

I remember class change system on q-ro. When u hit 90/50 u could reborn to 90/25 upper. It was at lowrate server

Vhandel

Yuzo

My favourite feature of all time is definitely BG 2.0. Being able to join in occasionally epic battles with random peers in a WOE SE situation was one of my best experiences in RO. At times I'd even say I enjoyed it more than real WOE. Maybe it was having to gel with absolute randoms and everything relied on team chemistry rather than organisation.
Sadly since it was a way of farming items rather than having fun these modes would often die and become very negative.

Second favourite...
BlackoutRO woe in 2010-11. Most diverse and fun woe for me.

Third...
EssenceRO mvping and moneymaking.

wpcarlos

A server that lasts at least a year. Yeah, that is a feature, and a rare one. I've played on only two private servers (that I liked) which met that criterion: qRO and Frozenglade.

annaquin

VanRO : Sumon Clone from Assassin X ( The server is still up and running )

MrMystery

Quote from: Yuzo on Sep 17, 2015, 02:08 AM
My favourite feature of all time is definitely BG 2.0. Being able to join in occasionally epic battles with random peers in a WOE SE situation was one of my best experiences in RO.

I agree with that sentiment. BG 2.0 gave life to RO again. It's been a while since it's been out so it's become a little stale and people only want to use it for WoE supplies, but it definitely was an amaing feature when I first saw it.

Likewise, autoevents were the same way for me. DreamerRO was the first place that I saw these and I thought it was awesome to be able to join in random events with a bunch of players and no GM intervention required.

Asuka Connell

I don't miss anything from my first server, but here's what I'd miss if my current server ever shuts down:

Stability - I'm sure most of you have gone through something like this: playing one day and the next day you log-in and the server website says "Project Hellraiser is finished." and you go  /omg and you think about the equips you managed to accumulate, and the objectives you were looking forward to achieving  /sob. Then you find a server that's been running for 3 years and counting, never had any roll backs or a single wipe and you are like can this be real  /hmm and then you play there for longer than you have played on Hellraiser and still no signs of shutting down  /... and you realize you can go all out and full speed ahead with your objectives and equip accumulation  /no1 and then you find out, you're in love with the server /lv

Secondary:
PETS cute loyal pets that give you  /kis and stat boosts  /no1
Custom map with custom mobs stronger than any MVP, bullying them is  /gg if you can KoS them first  /pif
Unlimited arrows when I started in Inertia, I stocked up on items to make arrows with, imagine my  /omg and  /swt when I made my first Archer and  /heh at myself because the arrows were inexhaustible /ho

Esdese22

Quote from: Asuka Connell on Sep 23, 2015, 08:35 PM
Stability - I'm sure most of you have gone through something like this: playing one day and the next day you log-in and the server website says "Project Hellraiser is finished."

I feel you  /sob
Experienced this several times with few ps ro. That time when a server was dying then completely dead

Yuzo

Maybe I'll take back what I said before. What I really loved were forums. I miss the days of forums.  /sob

DeadOwnz

I freggin miss FeelRO, If i had all the files i would surely host it for free 24/7 and EssenceRO was my pretty much my whole 7th grade-9th grade life lol
Pre-RO

Neffletics

Ragnarok Frontier (before the wipe) the best close-to-official server!
solacero rip

Duckshooter

favourite feature might be the Main Chat. Its so full of stupidity on most servers but you can have so much fun in there and really help other by answering questions (which I really like to do) without sitting in town all day. I kinda really enjoy that

Yuzo

Quote from: Duckshooter on Oct 31, 2015, 10:08 AM
favourite feature might be the Main Chat. Its so full of stupidity on most servers but you can have so much fun in there and really help other by answering questions (which I really like to do) without sitting in town all day. I kinda really enjoy that
I always enjoyed watching the main chats become abusive and sometimes racist before a GM would step in and ban their asses. Or post-woe with people spamming the broadcaster.

ragnakid

For me its DarkRO Force, GM Maurice and his team got some unique customization like:
Jedi/Sith jobs
talisman scroll (soul link)
-Stalker can strip even with full protect and double the damage of double strafe skill
lhz cards
sinxcard lvl 1 edp
high priest card lvl 1 safetywall
valkyrie set/quest
token quest
but i really hate those police until now haha