What makes a good server gone bad?

Started by Alexina, Apr 28, 2009, 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverStream~

My god, I don't have perfect english, but there are standards for communication when playing online games =.='

offert pls
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

fluidin

So you think a p.server has a "reasonable pvp system" when compared to RWC. "every other gang fight"~

Ok, good luck :D
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

SilverStream~

Linking to my short rant I made just a few minutes ago.  It's relevant to the thread's original topic.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Descent

Oh hey cool, another incredibly annoying "HR players vs LR players" derailment.

LiteX

Quote from: horo on Jun 04, 2009, 09:19 AM
HOW DO I MINE 4 FISH PLZ!!!

I search for this and don't find an answert -_- please GM??? my server is darksuperbloodRO, help -_- im also bannd.

So you let that statement speak of the rest of HR players?

Quote1) The best way to learn is by slowly grinding and seeing which technic is best during your leveling

That's only best for leveling, plus anyone can poke and spam a monster that basically does the same thing over and over.

Quote2) HRs tend to be overcustomized, which nulls the legit experience for some LR players

That totally depends on the server, RO isn't made for LR players. Every players comes from a different background depending on which server they played first. The only legit experience is from the real RO, the one that Gravity intended us to play. I've seen a lot of LR that have a lot of customs, so saying that HR servers are the only ones that are over customized is ignorant. Every server is different you cannot play the way you did on another server.

Quote3) Fights in LR passing faster than HR? =_=, EDP SB and Asura can kill someone if less than three seconds, if it's not that than it is YggBerry spammage (Ppl carry hundreds of them in HR), and there is protection and potting for increasing fight duration

Little did you know some HR carry a Anti YGG system. Obviously Most Devs and Admins know how stupid it is to carry hundreds of YGGs into battle. It'll be a forever going battle. Just because you hear HR, doesn't mean YGG spammage. This could be avoided in HR as much as they are in LR. Also, EDP and Asura is easily scripted so that it is most reasonable in PvP. EDP SinX cant use consumables, and Asura Capped. Just because you hear HR, doesn't mean we let things go off the way it is. It's a private server and most of the smarts one knows how to manage a reasonable server. Unlike those who just want money.

Quote4) This is why test servers are for, for testing card combos

Yes, because a player is actually gonna go through all that trouble just to test a few cards /sarcasm. Funny thing how you mention that, a player will actually have to duplicate the cards and combos of that specific server their playing. Every server isnt the same, some Devs choose specific ways to script their cards. So making a test server to match the server that their playing on is too much trouble just for card combos and skills testing.

Quote5) Mostly, server veterans who have a high amount of skill,luck and patience are the only ones who get such rare cards, someone who recently joined a server shan't be able to kill a vet

I Lol'd at this statement. So you're saying if I played RO for a few years and just joined a new server, I'm already stupid because I haven't played as along as Vet's on the server? No a person who has no life spends all day hunting cards, it matters how you use "patience". Countless hours of hunting something that drops no more than 1% is patience, Ill give you that, but it's patience wasted. "Time played" should not distinguish player's skills. "Experienced gained" is the proper term. No one cares how long you did it, how fast you did it, as long as you learn something from it, that's all that matters. And I'm telling you guys "Grinding and Hunting" is not the only way to be learn things, there's other ways. Also, I think every player should stand on a same level as any other player on a item basis that is. The outcome of a battle should be skill dependent on how a player can utilize his/her skills to combat the opponent, not by how long you played the server and how long you sat for hours hunting an item. Utilizing skills should be attained on how much experience you gained while playing the server now how long you played the server.

Quote6) Most of these questions are overasked questions, please, the search button exists for a reason, if they just go posting out of the blue without using it then it proves they are somewhat on the wrong spot, of course, they want to learn, but please, how would you like if your worldwide RO discussion forums were filled with questions like "HOW DO I MINE 4 FISH PLZ!!!", "HEY PLZ GM UNBAN ME!!!", honestly, these questions are made by impatient people who really don't know wtf is happening and they just post out of the blues, and what by "You're a moron by not asking questions?", well, simple, I ASK QUESTIONS, usually I test some things out and ask someone who is more knowledgeble than me (Mainly horo) about them if I have any difficulties, the thing is, my questions usually have some though and good spelling on them, not like "PLZ PLZ WHERE I GET STUFF, GUIDE PLX", most of these kinds of questions come from HR players, mainly the big-name ones like ScythRO, XileRO and aeRO

Wow, you obviously have no perspective. Not everyone speaks English,and also the way that kids speak on the internet is somewhat slang. You cannot blame them for speaking like that, especially those who don't know good English. A question is a question, no matter how you put it. A question will ask for knowledge, it doesn't matter if the question has bed spelling error. If anything, you have to be tolerant about it, if you don't understand simply ask for clarification, that's if you have the Patience. In this case, I know you don't.

Obviously it's good to test thing before asking, yet not everyone thinks that way, you shouldn't assume people will test it before asking.

Also, I'm not talking to only, I don't care if you questions have good spelling. The trust and fact is that most people don't speak English. Someone with enough integrity should accept that to be how society is. If you go anal about someone elses spelling, then I can tell you're a hypocrite saying us HR have no patience when you yourself don't have patience to be tolerant to bad grammar.

Quote from: fluidin on Jun 04, 2009, 09:42 AM
lol'd.

Also, that you think LR players have never seen a fight last less than 10 seconds is fail already. It just reinforces my view that further discussion with you regarding that particular aspect is useless :x I also doubt XileRO is decent pvp. Watch RWC vids for decent pvp instead.

I never said that LR players have never seen a fight less than 10 seconds nor did I imply it. Yet if you were to somehow measure the time frame of HR to LR, you will see that HR battles seem to go by faster.

XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Quote from: fluidin on Jun 04, 2009, 09:42 AM
We have knowledge about certain cards even if we don't have them because we plan beforehand. Always curious, always looking for new ways to utilize game mechanics, always playing with the calcs.

And I'm not disagreeing with you that some players already know the effects of certain cards. Obviously anyone who has experience will know the effects. However due to private servers some cards maybe re-scripted to fit the server's specifics. Any server can play with the calc, obviously like I said numerous times before some calcs don't fit the server's customs profile. What you see on the calc may not be what it is on the server, vice versa. The argument I'm trying to pull is that, there are ways to utilize the game mechanics other than "Grinding and Hunting", in this case most HR give players choices to experience the game another way rather than the same old "Grinding and Hunting" like every other MMO. Dont get me wrong I agree that "Grinding and Hunting" works to help newbies learn the games mechanics, but I also agree that there are other ways.

1) Poke and spam? You really are an idiot, HR players are the ones who do that, most LRs and MRs have a sense of changing strats, leveling areas and such, most HR players just stick with the same strat cuz "We kill and don't need improvement", honestly, a man who fights hard for his bread everyday is more experienced and developed than a man who obtains his bread by begging

2) RO not made for LR? puh-leez, MvP cards are NOT supposed to be chugged up on a server on a 9001/day ratio! This is what makes them special!

3) EDP SB and Asura pretty much destroys some points about HR PvP

4) RMS has a free test server, and it is usually the same card script execpt for brokey HRs

5) When I meant by that I meant as "A skilled person should be able to know how to obtain X s***" you misunderstood my post

6) Umm...you are seriously ignoring the critical points, most of the rants are about players nagging to their GMs on RMS, which is very stupid on the first place, not to mention the number of HR ignoramous who start posting idiotic arguements saying "lol my 255 sinx can beat thana 5 seconds and u need party and ten minutes, lol noob" in other words, don't blame us, but try to educate YOUR community

On Topic: Usually, GM Drama can also make players leave
ライテ‐エクス

horo

I'd like to declare that LiteX does neither represent my side of the argument nor LR players and I apologize on his behalf to anyone, especially Jeon, that had to read the incredibly misinformed post above, which resulted from a severe reading disability he has been battling with for a long time  :(

fluidin

You should further reinforce your point by saying "But at least he is still better than most HR players."

lol jk guise.  :-[

Descent

Okay, apparently I was completely ignored.

Here we go! Hopefully this will get you off of your respective soapboxes and down here with the rest of us.

HR players: Annoying bastards who are fickle, complain at the drop of a hat, and throw a hissy-fit when things don't go their way.

LR players: Elitist bastards who are fickle, complain at the drop of a hat, and throw a hissy-fit when things don't go their way.

There, you're all exactly the same, can we settle this and get this back on topic? If not, I'm just going to start slapping you all around with Warns if you don't move on and grow up.

P.S.: RWC is a joke and is sh*t to watch. Want to jump down my throat for it, too?

Jeon

Quote from: horo on Jun 05, 2009, 05:12 AM
I'd like to declare that LiteX does neither represent my side of the argument nor LR players and I apologize on his behalf to anyone, especially Jeon, that had to read the incredibly misinformed post above, which resulted from a severe reading disability he has been battling with for a long time  :(

Thank you, obviously there's an intellectual level when I'm talking you and I like it. With LiteX, I just read the first few words and I can see he's totally talking out of anger, enough for me to disregard his post and just move on.

@Topic

A server is great when the Admin takes in the player's knowledge and suggestions into consideration, then make up an idea with them on his/her terms. Players of the server should have a say, but in the end it's up to the Staff/Admin to make the right choice for them considering the player's voice that is.
"Humans will forever make mistakes, what makes us intelligent is knowing which ones to keep"

Skotlex

Please split topic, a "HR vs LR player quality" is a worthy thread for entertainment (and someday it will make it into the soap opera subforum), but it is definitely out of the scope of the original thread title here.

(RMS reviews)

SilverStream~

There's a huge difference between normal hr players and normal lr players.  The only ones that are the same, are people who have played on both, and played them for a while so they know each sides equally.

We're not the biggest crowd in the world, but we can atleast tell things from both sides.

Descent

Quote from: SilverStream~ on Jun 05, 2009, 04:06 PM
There's a huge difference between normal hr players and normal lr players.  The only ones that are the same, are people who have played on both, and played them for a while so they know each sides equally.

We're not the biggest crowd in the world, but we can atleast tell things from both sides.

I'm in that crowd. :O Hence why I get aggravated when people spark the whole "HR nub" vs "LR Elitist" debate.

SilverStream~

Yeah it's kind of stupid to keep arguing over it.  too bad most low rates are slowly getting less members, and more go to mid rates.

Descent

Quote from: SilverStream~ on Jun 05, 2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah it's kind of stupid to keep arguing over it.  too bad most low rates are slowly getting less members, and more go to mid rates.

I just wish people would keep one key point in mind: You're all playing the same game. Regardless of rates, Customs, server, et cetera, you're all brought together by Ragnarok Online, and the segregation is what's hurting every server out there, currently.

SilverStream~

Imagine how it would be if everyone played the same server.