What is up with SHRs now?

Started by Melchyor, Mar 31, 2011, 02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Signify

Quote from: kchn1811 on Apr 03, 2011, 02:28 AM
If die on pvp people just called you weak and stuff. And when people calling me some names and such when i die on pvp
This definitely happens, but not just on servers with non-english speakers. I find that many of the remaining Americans playing Ragnarok these days are often the rudest PvP players. I guess everybodys experiences are different.

Yukino

^ I agree, but it's the RO society in general.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Death Prince

yeah and thats why i dont play SHR's anymore im a pinoy but i dont like pinoy server cause if u play pinoy server when u ask something they wont bother talking to you wew i like server's that the main language is english not tagalog >.> almost all pinoy SHR server i played went down :)) and here i am  now still searching for a good server and its been a year or so >.>

Cheese Time

Lol i can imagine, in the phillapeans(im pretty sure i spelled that wrong)  theyre getting a commercials for RO

Death Prince

Quote from: Cheese Time on Apr 29, 2011, 05:52 AM
Lol i can imagine, in the phillapeans(im pretty sure i spelled that wrong)  theyre getting a commercials for RO
nope :)) commercials in tv? no :)) xD

babyextreme31

Cheesetime its Filipinos and no they cant advertise here via commercials or whatnot the thing is RO is the only game that can fit Pinoy PC specs and bw.

Opening on April 30, 2011 -
Click on the banner for more info!

Cheese Time

It was a joke.. and its spelled philippines fyi

Nyub

Offtopic :
I'm a Filipino who's hating on Pinoys. 'nuff said; unless the certain person knows that pride doesn't make him a better person, he'll just be a target of my mouse.

Top reason why they still play RO despite the fact that even the latest MMOs are available (from RO to LoL, including others like RAN, GC, FlyFF, SF, WoW) , is simply most general PCs can handle RO. As the expenses on upgrades, updates and repairs are highly abused.

Why the hate? Simply put is that too much pride on history and they act all "Flipside" due to culture adjustment coming from the States and Korea; mostly due to hormones. *cough*.

But there are jerks all over the world. It just so happens that Pinoys and BRs and sometimes Mexicans shows it way too much online.

On Topic :
SHRs are mostly overloaded with morons who craves the easy way. Since rates are up high, no one would notice if they do 3rd-party programs or even dupe. And sometimes it's just an all out war with unfixed skills and overloads. Meh. No one really goes for the game, it's mostly for the PayPal accounts they hold.

Chojiro

Quote from: baseballGuy on Apr 02, 2011, 12:58 PM
Spoiler
[close]

example of an SHR (just played it this morning).

>Mania RO
>99 level cap
>no OP customs
>i see all kinds of classes in the PvP room

yet they didn't nerf anything... now to me that is SOMEHOW balanced.

though to be honest the 99 level cap doesn't sound SHRish.

MVP cards are so 2008. Time to bring hybrid LKs back into fashion.
beep beep

demonicplayer09

hmm
pinoy-infested server?
that sounds like racism lol
anywho
the only reason why shr suck these days is becauseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:
3rd party program ... no delay
3rd job ..... imba skill *its fine if its LR or MR but for SHR its op*
imba donations ...... costoms that has imba effects
hmm ... thats all i can think off

Subkakashi0

SHR are not really that bad if the server knows what there doing to balance things out and have good security it stop the overpower skills and the WPE/RPE/Marco users shr can be fun at times but it all about the staff and the players.

Myteriouss

Quote from: demonicplayer09 on May 04, 2011, 10:28 AM
hmm
pinoy-infested server?
that sounds like racism lol
anywho
the only reason why shr suck these days is becauseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:
3rd party program ... no delay
3rd job ..... imba skill *its fine if its LR or MR but for SHR its op*
imba donations ...... costoms that has imba effects
hmm ... thats all i can think off

Not really. Players are easily caught who use third party programs because you can tell when they do.

Third jobs are severely OP in LR, MR and HR compared to SHR due to high max stats SHR's provide. Third Job Skills are OP in LR, MR, HR due to low max stats because high stats block out aliments such as burn, constant freezing (found in servers with not such high stats), stone, etc..

Overpowered customs are found in most SHRs, yes, but that's because SHR Administrators don't know how to balance out their customs along with the Jobs.

However, tell me this: A lot of SHRs are found OP and boring to level, etc., yet, people still play those type of SHRs? These types of people are the people who are lazy (no offense) and want everything done for them. Since SHRs have a s*** load of rates, 500k/500k/100%? Damn.. boring. Although, some other SHRs have lower rates such as 10k+ which still give you actual "time" to level and do other stuff.

But, not ALL SHRs are OP, NOT FUN, and Boring.

Nish

There hasn't been a good SHR in such a long time which is a shame because I enjoyed being able to make a char quit and then doing some PVP.. Yeah it's boring but for people who don't want to spend a whole lot of time playing it's alright.

Ragnarok is hugely popular in the philippines seeing you don't need a super computer to run it so even if they didn't need to spend much on a PC they could still play it. There's nothing wrong with filipinos I have met some nice ones but yeah I've met some bad ones.. well alot seeing 20% of them will probably try and scam you heh.

Seriously go play level up games officialy filipino server it's mostly scammers trying to make deals.. I saw my bro in law playing it and wow never seen so many scammers in my life.

Bring back those quality PVP servers D:

Myteriouss

Quote from: Nish on May 09, 2011, 09:05 AM
There hasn't been a good SHR in such a long time which is a shame because I enjoyed being able to make a char quit and then doing some PVP.. Yeah it's boring but for people who don't want to spend a whole lot of time playing it's alright.

Ragnarok is hugely popular in the philippines seeing you don't need a super computer to run it so even if they didn't need to spend much on a PC they could still play it. There's nothing wrong with filipinos I have met some nice ones but yeah I've met some bad ones.. well alot seeing 20% of them will probably try and scam you heh.

Seriously go play level up games officialy filipino server it's mostly scammers trying to make deals.. I saw my bro in law playing it and wow never seen so many scammers in my life.

It is out there, you just gotta find it in the listings ;3

Subkakashi0

Quote from: MoonlightRO on May 09, 2011, 11:51 AM
Quote from: Nish on May 09, 2011, 09:05 AM

It is out there, you just gotta find it in the listings ;3

As lunar said there is alot of them out there and most of them are not in the top 10 some of the most populate server that are number one now a days are lies and things of that sort i know from experience but dont get me wrong there is alot of criticize that just lie about server cause they didn't get a gm spot and the gm didn't favor them and such but if you as a gm know the server is good nothing more to say about it there are good shr but what you should note it is a SHR meant to be fast in lvl fast in gearing to pvp thats why its called SUPER HIGH RATE .