What if?

Started by yayapzzz, Dec 27, 2011, 08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yayapzzz

what if? you are playing a server(month old server) then suddenly its not available anymore and you found out that its admin launch a new server but almost same rates.

is it a scam? because i donated.

yC

That is not against our terms of services, report section wouldn't handle it.  There should be a clear rule set out for donation items in case of wipe or closure, usually a valid period where a refund or re-issue of credit should take place within x days/weeks/months.  Of course there are server that simply take your money and run then you are left to deal with PayPal chargeback.  Not much we can do, you should be clear on the terms if you value your donation item / real money.

Triper

Do you know English?

Donation - Act of giving money to someone for a cause without expecting nothing in return

People are just dumbbecause they get items from donations that make their chars IMBA or get q.q when server closes and took your money.
Also if you don't know, donations are the only legal way to people make legal profit with RO pservers if you don't know how this things work.

crysiscore3

To OP, have you asked the admin of the server for a transfer? Some admins are quite nice and accommodating with stuff like that. Some are scammers, but I wouldn't automatically assume he is.
But if he refuses, by all means, yes. Post a review, accuse him of scamming. Because if that's how he rolls, he absolutely is a scammer.
Thinking of making your own RO PServer?
Read this first.

Yukino

^ Good answer.

Basically, the Administrator might have wanted to change the name or whatever with the server. Did he/she not put a notice out for players on the previous server? If not, I guess I know where your assumption is coming from. However, just confirm with the person, and the Administrator may be nice about it and let you start better off on the server (hopefully, in a balanced way).
I hope things turn out well for you =D.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!