What happened to ROPS?

Started by Satos, Nov 29, 2018, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satos

Been away for a couple weeks with work.  Came home to see ROPS listed in the new server section as "rebuilding"...and only 5 people online.

What the crap happened?  Last I'd logged in there were about 100 online with an additional 100 vendors.

frenchbaguettey

The only 2 woe guilds were dissatisfied with the lack of output in terms of development from the admins and left the server. Daifuku always puts the blame onto nihad saying he's the one in charge of development, yet he's really slow. Their GM team was basically MIA up until woe but the 2 guilds were beyond pissed as they planned and geared for weeks just for a 15 minute woe. Ultimately, daifuku is trying to restart her own project back, doing whatever the player suggests to the best of her ability, on ragnaclan and nihad is now trying to fix the things in ROPS to make it more playable.

Woon

Pretty much what french dude said. Except the blame part, the blame is entirely on me. I had a very hard time delivering the updates since irl stuff just kept happening one after another. So I put the team in a difficult position.
I decided to give the team some space as relying on me keeps putting them in difficult positions , so they will be working on ragnaclan with occasional help from me for big updates. With the understanding that my time is very limited and they should not rely on me.
I will be working on ROPS. ROPS is entirely playable, just not what WoE players want and that's fine with me. I have no intention of working on WoE at the time, I want to make a server fun for casual players. I prefer working with a small community since my time is very limited. Working with a small community is much easier in terms of creating a long lasting server with very few bugs since a smaller community is much more likely to report and help. So it can see steady and considerable progress even if I can only put in 2-3 hours a day and not be there at all on some days.
Those of you that want to play on ROPS should be aware that I will be the in game support as well. This means that I do not tolerate a lot of stuff that other Admins do, so please take that into consideration before deciding to play there.

Oldschooler

Quote from: Woon on Nov 30, 2018, 04:23 AM
Pretty much what french dude said. Except the blame part, the blame is entirely on me. I had a very hard time delivering the updates since irl stuff just kept happening one after another. So I put the team in a difficult position.
I decided to give the team some space as relying on me keeps putting them in difficult positions , so they will be working on ragnaclan with occasional help from me for big updates. With the understanding that my time is very limited and they should not rely on me.
I will be working on ROPS. ROPS is entirely playable, just not what WoE players want and that's fine with me. I have no intention of working on WoE at the time, I want to make a server fun for casual players. I prefer working with a small community since my time is very limited. Working with a small community is much easier in terms of creating a long lasting server with very few bugs since a smaller community is much more likely to report and help. So it can see steady and considerable progress even if I can only put in 2-3 hours a day and not be there at all on some days.
Those of you that want to play on ROPS should be aware that I will be the in game support as well. This means that I do not tolerate a lot of stuff that other Admins do, so please take that into consideration before deciding to play there.

Daifuku doesn't know how to speak with her player base. Not sure why she was put as basically the face of ROPS and Ragnaclan. She's literally useless besides being able to copy the PUBG website.

Nihad is basically mia. The only time i've seen him online was the first week of server launch and a few days ago when there was literally 2 players left online. (1 being himself, 1 being me) He should honestly be put in the Hall of Shame at this point. At least we know what we get into when we play Juvia/Cookie/Yrvine servers. Nihad servers on the other hand....grinded 1.5 months for a 10 minute WoE. Constantly spouting s*** about being busy irl and making the most autistic decisions with the most incapable staff...Shourei said costume maker was "Overpowered."

Honestly, not sure why you still believe you're capable of making a server where players just want to PvM...? Basically you're telling players to join your server knowing there's going to be minimal updates, minimal bug fixes, minimal GM presence, tons of bugs, and no focus on WoE. I'm not sure how many blows you took to the head in your dojo, but you're clearly out of it.

Bue

Whats the difference between ROPS and Ragnaclan?

Woon

The initial difference is that ROPS will focus more towards a more open MR. With a lot less restrictions and bordering HR. Kind of like how MR used to be before everyone started slowing down the game play of MR servers. As for ragnaclan I think their focus will be more towards a MR/LR hybrid as it is now. It also won't be going to the new client since the new client requires a lot more tweaking to get BG and WoE working properly. Which is one of the reasons why the ROPS player base was upset since the WoE tweaks weren't satisfactory.
As for oldschooler I'll see you in game.

Styx

Both are lost in basic since there is no emulator around supporting pre-renewal gameplay anymore, without exception they all have the same repeating bugs for more then 4 years now. It's not the  server owners fault. The newer emulators offer better features to run a server but they suck big deal reverting back to pre-renewal.

Esperite

So ultimately in the end, we should be blaming Gravity. However, for guilds quitting after not being satisfied with certain things, that seems to occur all the time, and then history repeats itself. I do miss a good pre-renewal non-classic/revo low rate though.

Also Nihad's cool in my book since he took the time to fix the many bugs with TK [ranker] classes on Hercules emulator for RagnaClan (it's pretty much fixed on rAthena emulators).

literalwho

Quote from: Esperite on Dec 01, 2018, 10:37 PM
So ultimately in the end, we should be blaming Gravity.
Not really, the shortcomings and lack of care from the server staff has nothing to do with Gravity. I'm heavily hoping that your post is ironic or sarcastic in some way or form, as otherwise this shows how delusional the private server community has become.

Esperite

Quote from: literalwho on Dec 02, 2018, 02:39 AM
Not really, the shortcomings and lack of care from the server staff has nothing to do with Gravity. I'm heavily hoping that your post is ironic or sarcastic in some way or form, as otherwise this shows how delusional the private server community has become.

We should be as they pretty much split the community, which in the end leads to many other things. Obviously the private server issues don't have much to do with Gravity, but in the end I still like to blame them and the WoEing guilds.

Haresh94

So the ragnaclan is not that active in woe now how it used to be? And after this issue, where did all the guilds go ? i mean to which server? I really miss the old WoonRo Woe  /sob

Kris

yrvine if your reading this, it's time to come outta retirement
2k21 Return

Gene

Quote from: Woon on Dec 01, 2018, 01:55 AM
The initial difference is that ROPS will focus more towards a more open MR. With a lot less restrictions and bordering HR. Kind of like how MR used to be before everyone started slowing down the game play of MR servers. As for ragnaclan I think their focus will be more towards a MR/LR hybrid as it is now.

You say that, but you basically had the wrong playerbase filled with LR freaks jumping on MR server.

If you re-read through the suggestions again you will see the same people (LR freaks) denying high-MR supposed features.

It had conflicting playerbase, with people from old woon and ragnaclan/elaria, a bad mix IMO.

Nitrous

Quote from: Oldschooler on Nov 30, 2018, 05:55 PM
She's literally useless besides being able to copy the PUBG website.
Woah, let's be real here. She didn't copy the PUBG website.
She copied Fortnite's.
Even the "Woon Games" and "Epic Games" logos are the same.
http://ragnaclan.com/
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/buy-now/battle-royale

Daifuku.

Haven't replied to these brainless posts on rms for a while. Since y'all seem to know so much about me and care so much about the things I do or if I copy or not copy a website; yes, I liked the website layout so much that I used it, move on. What's wrong with you people having to gossip about literally any s*** I do lol. To those people saying I suck as admin and can't do s***, well suck a **** and play elsewhere, or better open your own server and make it better. I never said I'm amazing but at least I care about my servers more than 80% of the useless admins you server hop on to. None of you know how much I actually did on the servers so why don't you all stfu.

Continue the s*** if you got nothing better in life to do, I'll continue working on Ragnaclan as I've been for the past 1 1/2 years. Thanks and peace  /heh