What happened to Dawn of Midgard?

Started by AkQ, May 14, 2016, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zinnia

Quote from: Minabe on May 24, 2016, 07:33 PM
In a dif thread i have already stablished his character

Thank you for admitting it's pure hate. I don't even know what you have against me but please move on, I'm not interested.

Minabe

Doing Tripper's job.

Zinnia

Quote from: Minabe on May 25, 2016, 04:44 PM
Last post from me in this thread so you can go wild /no1 (but you didn't wanted to take part in drama lol).

EDIT: Are you gonna answer the questions or just ignore them and excuse yourself? <- Rhetoric

Or how to go "You don't want to take part of the drama but if you don't answer my questions you're a p u s s y". I feel like in Kindergarten.

Listen. Noone wants to see a 1v1 drama between you and me on this forum. I answered to the topic because I don't like false allegations. If I didn't answer to these questions

Quote from: Minabe on May 24, 2016, 04:20 AM
There's no reason to but my curiosity always gets the better of me, btw what number will this new project be? And why do you talk in plural now?

... it's because I didn't understand them. What number are you referring to ? The number of RO servers I created ? I made only DoM, never got close to a Staff before ggRO and I didn't lead anything there. What plural ? Plural to drama(s) ? Maybe because I'm just referring to dramaSSSSS in general ?

Like really, once again, I like debatting. If you have questions about any of my actions about DoM or my experience on RO in the past I will be glad to answer them, provide you a context and eventually try to convince you that I probably didn't do 99% of the things you seem to accuse me of,  but if you don't want to be convinced I can't do anything else for you.

Nevermind

A low rate server catering to WoE guilds had no chance of lasting. If DoM 2 has the same goal, you're already going to be disappointed. The server was also really a mid-rate, despite being advertised as a low rate. With double battle manuals and the party boost, the rates was closer to 20x. No wonder PvM died so quickly.

I dearly hope this is not the plan for 2.0

Bue

Quote from: Nevermind on May 25, 2016, 07:42 PM
A low rate server catering to WoE guilds had no chance of lasting. If DoM 2 has the same goal, you're already going to be disappointed. The server was also really a mid-rate, despite being advertised as a low rate. With double battle manuals and the party boost, the rates was closer to 20x. No wonder PvM died so quickly.

I dearly hope this is not the plan for 2.0

I don't know. I got the idea that their going to double down on what they had done before.

Because otherwise they would be wrong in their methods and not because they didn't have enough time or were too ambitious.

Though, I am surprise they went down faster than GGRO.

Zinnia

We are not going to use the same formula. However I really can't communicate anything else more than "We are working on it" right now, I'm sorry!

Quote from: Bue on May 26, 2016, 11:35 PM
Though, I am surprise they went down faster than GGRO.

We didn't. ggRO opened On Dec. 22nd and closed in April.
We opened on Dec. 26th and closed in May.

But that's sorta the same anyway :/

Bue

Quote from: Zinnia on May 27, 2016, 07:36 AM
We are not going to use the same formula. However I really can't communicate anything else more than "We are working on it" right now, I'm sorry!

We didn't. ggRO opened On Dec. 22nd and closed in April.
We opened on Dec. 26th and closed in May.

But that's sorta the same anyway :/

Oh, I stand corrected, guess I am just bias because cawi was part of it.

So how are you guys funded? I was under the impression your team all have day-jobs and pool together private funds. Or do you guys depend mainly on donations to survive or as incentive to continue?

Zinnia

Quote from: Bue on May 27, 2016, 05:13 PM
Oh, I stand corrected, guess I am just bias because cawi was part of it.

So how are you guys funded? I was under the impression your team all have day-jobs and pool together private funds. Or do you guys depend mainly on donations to survive or as incentive to continue?

Right now ? Noone is paid, we rely exclusively on the donations. But we're all aware of it! Its fine.

Styx

I you rely on donations, why would you start a server at all? If your target for this is the same group, your lifespan will be 3,4 months as usual with that choice.
Playtester is someone with a lot of dedication but he can't save you to make a Renewal emulator run as Pre-Renewal as it was. He does have the spirit but just one person can't have enough knowledge to change either Rathena or Hercules emulator to the same stage stage as eathena was. Despite all the bugs it had it still was way better for entertainment. Did anyone release a working AI for Homunculus or Mercenary for this emulator for instance? Nope, they won't release a default Mirai with changed ID for Homunculus, they just don't care about pre-renewal. You have to deliver proof to convince them even. Neither Rathena or Hercules do have the same ethic approach as it was with eathena. It will be very difficult to achieve the same lvl of experience as it was back in those days.They hide behind some hidden forum and it is your fault if can't reach them. Just as you are hiding behind discord. The casual player will not connect to you, you have to find them. Your server wasn't bad, not bad at all. Your main problem is you are going too much into problems of protecting against cheating, problems that you eventually did create yourself. You can't, control it, in that view they demolished this game to the bone already. The only ones you are hurting are the legit players, who get just get more disadvantages.
Again, your server wasn't bad, it was mainly just for the current leading WOE guilds. Not many legit player playing searching for entertainment likes to play with them anyway. The WOE scene was always small compared to the players present on a sever.

motherflippin

So which players abused the zenny things?

Because like every farming spot was ultranerfed but some guilds still exploited. Why didn't they get punished?

I do remember all these 'Player 01' spam making the kafra hats.

Blinzer

The enjoyment of this thread is getting to see the same people who were sucking DoM's dong before it opened now trash talking the server.

Playtester

Wait a sec. rAthena supports pre-renewal perfectly well. It has all the features eAthena had plus hundreds of bugfixes that are relevant for pre-renewal. Except for some horrible code mess-ups that some um... less talented devs did, but that I mostly re-fixed, I really don't see why people would think that eAthena is better for pre-re (except if they actually want the bugs that I fixed on rAthena unfixed).

Styx

The bug fix on Lif Mental Charge is a good example how perfect rAthena supports pre-renewal and how their approach is regarding pre-renewal.
Fixing bugs is fine but done from a subjective view it is a disaster.

Playtester

Okay, so basically you're bothered by bugfixes. But this has nothing to do with eAthena / rAthena mentality. eAthena also had a close-to-official rule and would have fixed the bug too if it was reported. The reason why eAthena is "bugged" like that is mostly because players never reported bugs that are to their advantage and Skotlex, the main eAthena dev, didn't even play RO, so he had to rely on player reports.

Styx

Mental Charge had never a cool down time when using teleport in pre-renewal.
It all changed when rAthena start to use the Renewal client claiming it was still possible to switch to pre-renewal with no consequences.
The Mental Charge skill is a very good example for the rAthena mentality. They claimed right away it was actually a bug that Gravity forgot to fix, so they did it afterwards.
This is not a bug that players did hide secretly, it was how game was played.
Many players have reported this but rAthena now claiming they are not aware of it because it never was addressed correctly.
This is going on for years now, rAthena wasn't able or didn't want to change it back but they are aware of it.
Just one example, many things are very different and it got even worse when start to copy Classic also.