What happened to ClashRO?

Started by junichiro, Nov 29, 2023, 06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

junichiro

Does anyone know what happened to ClashRO? I can still log in but it seems I'm the only one there. I couldn't find their discord or their facebook page. It just seems strange since they're currently the number 1 mid rate server and yet there's no info anywhere.

Anyone knows any updates what's going on? Where did everyone go?

 /?

yC

Let me know too, their website haven't been working for almost a week (?), other ways of communication (fb / discord) seems to be all wiped off the web.


It is on the edge of delisting.

Fluxion

I think like 99% of mid rate server, closes after 3-4 months of activities until woe guilds leave the server.
Bg to farm gears, WoE during 3-4 months, highlights on youtube and migrating to another mid rate server and repeat the same things each time.
And this server will probably re-open with new name and cash shop, donation and other things like that until new server will die when woe guilds will leave again.

Sairek Ceareste

Quote from: Fluxion on Nov 29, 2023, 10:12 PMI think like 99% of mid rate server, closes after 3-4 months of activities until woe guilds leave the server.
Bg to farm gears, WoE during 3-4 months, highlights on youtube and migrating to another mid rate server and repeat the same things each time.
And this server will probably re-open with new name and cash shop, donation and other things like that until new server will die when woe guilds will leave again.


So basically a pump & dump?

junichiro

Quote from: Fluxion on Nov 29, 2023, 10:12 PMI think like 99% of mid rate server, closes after 3-4 months of activities until woe guilds leave the server.
Bg to farm gears, WoE during 3-4 months, highlights on youtube and migrating to another mid rate server and repeat the same things each time.
And this server will probably re-open with new name and cash shop, donation and other things like that until new server will die when woe guilds will leave again.

That's sad and a bit alarming.

Is there a way to know how to avoid this kind of server when they open a new one again? I do base my decisions on RMS reviews but this server had a bunch of really positive reviews when they started. I'm a bit reluctant now to join new servers.

everythingjuls

Quote from: Fluxion on Nov 29, 2023, 10:12 PMI think like 99% of mid rate server, closes after 3-4 months of activities until woe guilds leave the server.
Bg to farm gears, WoE during 3-4 months, highlights on youtube and migrating to another mid rate server and repeat the same things each time.
And this server will probably re-open with new name and cash shop, donation and other things like that until new server will die when woe guilds will leave again.

Based on my exp, this is true. It has been like this for almost a decade. WoE Guilds will keep repeating this cycle. Servers with high population don't last because WoE Guilds controls the majority of the population of the server even they put a prize money. Also, Classic/Trans server been there for long long years. Players already know what they need to do at a faster rate. WoE Guilds will keep hopping servers wherever the money is (that is why some servers create a money bait (ex. prize pool for the guild of the month etc.). No WoE Guilds = Server Dead eventually

Orange

Website is up showing 50 online atm
:3

2k2

This is nothing new. It's been like this since 2008 when this kind of servers became a thing. It's people's fault to join/play this kind of server in the first place.

Quote from: junichiro on Nov 29, 2023, 11:17 PMIs there a way to know how to avoid this kind of server when they open a new one again?
Yes.

1. Don't trust reviews or go with the hype, especially the hype about "many guilds joining the server", as that is a major redflag for the longevity and stability of a server. The type of players to help a server become more stable, sadly, are casuals, not hardcores joining with their guild, hence why such servers are extremely unstable and close after only 3 or 4 months.

2. They tend to be almost the same in rates, settings and features, making it super easy to know if they gonna last or not: anything around 100x to 500x exp, Battlegrounds, commands (@autoloot, @go, @alootid, @lgp, @hold), high drop rates and specifically higher card drop rate, usually from 1% to 5%, many custom npcs to make the game easier (such as Healer, Warper, Buffer), custom guild hub/save point, tradeable BG gears and currency, cash shop hats and consumables both through BG and $$, "guild pack", starting gears/free BG character.

3. Is it another relaunch? Reused/rebranded Discord server? Does the ADM had any previous midrate in the past? Is this a v2, v3, v4, v5 of a server (WoonRO, for example).

4. The server is heavily (almost exclusively, even) focused on WoE and BG. Their brand and advertising are all aiming towards guilds and competition.

5. They offer money or any time of (direct or indirect) payment for guild leaders or guilds in general.
Find me here:


junichiro

Quote from: Orange on Nov 30, 2023, 12:56 AMWebsite is up showing 50 online atm

Yes but if you try to log in, it will say only 1 is active. When I tried last night the website shows 50 online too.

yC

Quote from: junichiro on Nov 29, 2023, 11:17 PMThat's sad and a bit alarming.

Is there a way to know how to avoid this kind of server when they open a new one again? I do base my decisions on RMS reviews but this server had a bunch of really positive reviews when they started. I'm a bit reluctant now to join new servers.

I think in the bunch of negative reviews, there are mentions that Clash RO is a remade of Space RO which is somewhat related to Spike RO.  I have yet to find out how each servers managed to get bunch of reviews at the start each time, maybe there's some secret group doing the job somewhere but who knows.


Orange

Quote from: 2k2 on Nov 30, 2023, 01:02 AM-snip-

all this is great especially for the guilds, if there's 3 or 4 big guilds on server launch as tempting as it is to play the 'cool new popular server' its going to go the way the other 1,000 servers have. When I last played RO it was a new server every month or 2, almost clones of eachother. Same guilds jumping between. For the discord to just be gone makes me think its related to that

ps Clash had RMT tickets right? That is a major red flag, firstly probably the admin is 100% focused on money and secondly sometimes the server will get hit with something like payment processor blocks their payments and then they just shut it down
:3

junichiro

I'll keep all those points in mind next time. Thank you.

And yes ClashRO had RMT tickets

ForgotMyOldAccount

Quote from: Orange on Nov 30, 2023, 01:39 AMall this is great especially for the guilds, if there's 3 or 4 big guilds on server launch as tempting as it is to play the 'cool new popular server' its going to go the way the other 1,000 servers have. When I last played RO it was a new server every month or 2, almost clones of eachother. Same guilds jumping between. For the discord to just be gone makes me think its related to that

ps Clash had RMT tickets right? That is a major red flag, firstly probably the admin is 100% focused on money and secondly sometimes the server will get hit with something like payment processor blocks their payments and then they just shut it down
What are RMT tickets?

TheOnlyZee

Play Baldr International server is always welcome for y'all, a comeback server of a former owner of a 10yr server IntenseRO. this is not a disposable server for sure. come and join our family.  /kis2

VanishVelvet

Quote from: junichiro on Nov 29, 2023, 11:17 PMThat's sad and a bit alarming.

Is there a way to know how to avoid this kind of server when they open a new one again? I do base my decisions on RMS reviews but this server had a bunch of really positive reviews when they started. I'm a bit reluctant now to join new servers.

Try to get information on who the owner or the people running the server are. Many people have already mentioned that the owner of this server is the same as the previous Space RO.

They said that the server closed because their developer ran away with the money or something similar. In my opinion, a server owner won't close a server unless there are fewer than 10 players still playing on that server. A server owner looking for a long-term running server will keep the server running even if it costs him money. That's exactly what you can find in most long-term running servers.

It's hard to trust reviews, especially for a new server. Some servers usually pay for advertisers and streamers. Most of these streamers, advertisers, and followers are the ones who usually give these reviews. So, it's really hard to get the real status of the server from positive reviews. In fact, you are better off believing negative reviews unless they come from players who got banned on that particular server. If they didn't get banned and it's a negative review, usually those reviews are truthful.

Fluxion

Quote from: Sairek Ceareste on Nov 29, 2023, 10:44 PMSo basically a pump & dump?

Yes, this is the meta of mid rate server.
- Earn a maximum of money during 3-4 months.
- Provide no new contents.
- Wait before guilds get borred.
- Close server and restart with new name.
- Repeat the same steps everytime.

Quote from: junichiro on Nov 29, 2023, 11:17 PMThat's sad and a bit alarming.

Is there a way to know how to avoid this kind of server when they open a new one again? I do base my decisions on RMS reviews but this server had a bunch of really positive reviews when they started. I'm a bit reluctant now to join new servers.

As a server owner myself I always refused the idea to have a cash shop or p2w system.
I can even say my server is more stable than 99% of mid rate server even if they have more players than me.
One day, I've even been insulted because a player liked my server and I refused his donations to support the server.
I can only advise you to avoid this kind of server. Unless that's what you're looking for.

Quote from: everythingjuls on Nov 30, 2023, 12:20 AMBased on my exp, this is true. It has been like this for almost a decade. WoE Guilds will keep repeating this cycle. Servers with high population don't last because WoE Guilds controls the majority of the population of the server even they put a prize money. Also, Classic/Trans server been there for long long years. Players already know what they need to do at a faster rate. WoE Guilds will keep hopping servers wherever the money is (that is why some servers create a money bait (ex. prize pool for the guild of the month etc.). No WoE Guilds = Server Dead eventually

This is sad but true.

Orange

Quote from: ForgotMyOldAccount on Nov 30, 2023, 06:52 AMWhat are RMT tickets?

RMT, real money trading tickets. You can directly pay admins for in-game tickets you can sell for zeny, people that buy them can then give them back to the admins for 90% of the money you paid.

I honestly like the concept but as you can imagine, it attracts the "not good for a community" people like nothing else
:3

junichiro

I guess the server is really about to be gone. The website is already showing error.

Felione

I think the name itself put me off of this server. Clash is a mobile title, and their thumbnail also looked very mobile-like. Judging a book by it's cover has some benefits sometimes. :D

yC

Just checked their website, "account suspended" so they abandoned the ship didn't pay for the hosting at least.  It was a nice website, too bad only used for 3 months.

In this case, we will go ahead and delist them.