What are the highest population low rate servers?

Started by Azoruk, May 21, 2013, 09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azoruk

Anyone know?

I know there's talon that has a lot. Can't really find many that compare

ecdarreola

Pheonix-RO I guess has one of the highest low-rate server population.

Ragnarok Classic - Bringing you back in time
An Episode 8.2 Ragnarok Server

Playtester

English speaking TalonRO has by far the highest population. (and official servers)

In SEA there are a bunch of larger servers like Phoenix-RO and freelifeRO.

BloodVerge

How about renewal low rates? I've only seen a few servers that had third jobs  /omg

Forbiddenz

Quote from: BloodVerge on May 25, 2013, 11:18 AM
How about renewal low rates? I've only seen a few servers that had third jobs  /omg

This is almost impossible to do,
Most people who played in low rates are the one who doesn't like the renewal changes...

And imagine that, leveling from 1-99 is hard enough, let alone increasing it to renewal... lv. 160...
That'll make the game far to long to play imo  /wah

Stella Cadente

Quote from: BloodVerge on May 25, 2013, 11:18 AM
I think CookieRO is the closest thing to a low rate renewal server even though its a midrate.

Playtester

If you want renewal low rate with many player, then just go iRO. It's much more stable and better implemented renewal than any of the renewal private servers anyway. And more population too.

Roda Frog of Sakray

Quote from: Playtester on Jul 17, 2013, 03:50 AM
If you want renewal low rate with many player, then just go iRO. It's much more stable and better implemented renewal than any of the renewal private servers anyway. And more population too.
Also has tons of bots and cheaters. If you don't mind that then yea, iRO. If you do, try getting yourself into rRO and learning some russian because although there are far fewer players they are all either merchants or real lol. If you can get yourself a korean ID and know how to get yourself into kRO then do that, because it's a million times better than all of the other officials barring maybe jRO......but I doubt jRO's insane grind will be up your alley X.x.....
Triper is really awesome! For real!

Playtester

If someone is willing to have high ping on rRO might as well consider euRO.

Roda Frog of Sakray

Quote from: Playtester on Jul 22, 2013, 06:35 AM

When there is a will there is a way.....and current euRO sucks as bad if not worse than iRO from what I've heard O.o. Also, I have a friend who got himself onto kRO and somehow reduced ping to 0, so it's not impossible. Hell, I tried rRO recently and had less problems with lag than I have on iRO.......which is hosted thousands of miles closer to me lol.

Novus Orbis

Quote from: Playtester on Jul 22, 2013, 06:35 AM
Didn't euRO shut down several years ago? Unless they opened it up again that should be the case. But I would definitely recommend playing on one of the official servers. Yes there are bots and junk on iRO, but it's no different than players you will find on Private servers. The official servers are also the way to go if you want a wonderful renewal experience. Most of the renewal private servers use completely out of date calculators that are NOWHERE close to kRO or iRO's calcs.   
/ene

Karuna-tan

Quote from: Roda Frog of Sakray on Jul 22, 2013, 12:04 PM
When there is a will there is a way.....and current euRO sucks as bad if not worse than iRO from what I've heard O.o. Also, I have a friend who got himself onto kRO and somehow reduced ping to 0, so it's not impossible. Hell, I tried rRO recently and had less problems with lag than I have on iRO.......which is hosted thousands of miles closer to me lol.

At least we don't have thousands of bots on fRO unlike on iRO, where they're still such a huge problem that they've ruined the market for newbies and making it nearly impossible to enjoy leveling on lower levels. As incredible as it sounds, if you see a rogue on fRO, it's usually NOT a bot. *gasps*

Also, agreeing with Novus - officials are pretty much the only way to get the proper renewal experience, because emulators still have screwed up mechanics and such which won't be getting fixed anytime soon. Been there, done that, didn't really like it.
"Howard, you do know I've got a number of ways to poison you. In your sleep. Your food. You don't want that to happen do you?"

Playtester

The new euRO = previously FranceRO (fRO). They added English language to the client and took over many of the old accounts from euRO too as far as I know.

And yes I think it's still better than iRO, more GMs and consequently less bots.

Karuna-tan

There's also german and turkish language support besides english and french.
"Howard, you do know I've got a number of ways to poison you. In your sleep. Your food. You don't want that to happen do you?"

Roda Frog of Sakray

Quote from: Playtester on Jul 25, 2013, 08:03 AM
The new euRO = previously FranceRO (fRO). They added English language to the client and took over many of the old accounts from euRO too as far as I know.

And yes I think it's still better than iRO, more GMs and consequently less bots.

Well, I've never played it, so maybe you know better than me there. I will reiterate, however, that if you want a cheat-free (or as close as possible) WoE experience iRO is NOT your server. I'd seriously go with rRO, euRO, or kRO for that. I should also note that if you have memorized the games start for the most part and are willing to mess around a bet to get where you want to you might not need to learn any russian to play rRO because everyone seems awfully silent (and I'm pretty sure they are not bots O.o). Even if they are xenophobic like jRO if you keep your mouth shut you probably won't have any problems there. If you want to WoE, however, you'll probably need to learn some russian.

However, from the sounds of it euRO is probably your best bet. (I seriously don't think you want to play iRO......unless cheating and botting is right up your alley O.o)