Want a Video Review? Ask here.

Started by Golden, Jun 24, 2010, 03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom~

Quote from: Gankz on Jun 28, 2010, 12:41 PM
Well limitRO is notoriously -terrible-, which is why a video review of a first impression would be hilarious.
I like your way of thinking :)
This is a great idea, and I really enjoyed watching those first impressions. heRO seems really good!

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Golden

Quote from: hsui on Jun 28, 2010, 09:08 AM
I wonder if you could also look on these site's websites? Rate the donation items, forums, general site layout, etc? Take it all into consideration. I feel like looking the npcs/pront/newbie area isn't as revealing about a server

How many new players look at that stuff when they join a server? More than likely they like the rates, make an account, download and then they're in. I'm trying to replicate that with my series. I could go ahead and do more in depth views but that doesn't give a server owner's perspective on a new player's experience.

Gankz

Quote from: Golden on Jun 28, 2010, 01:35 PM
Quote from: hsui on Jun 28, 2010, 09:08 AM
I wonder if you could also look on these site's websites? Rate the donation items, forums, general site layout, etc? Take it all into consideration. I feel like looking the npcs/pront/newbie area isn't as revealing about a server

How many new players look at that stuff when they join a server? More than likely they like the rates, make an account, download and then they're in. I'm trying to replicate that with my series. I could go ahead and do more in depth views but that doesn't give a server owner's perspective on a new player's experience.
First thing I do when I check out a server is look at their specific server settings and their donation items.

Ayu

Quote from: Gankz on Jun 28, 2010, 08:11 PM

First thing I do when I check out a server is look at their specific server settings and their donation items.

Be very surprised that there's so many people joining heRO and then ask what's the rate and immediately do a PC for Doppelganger card.

Questions like these shouldn't be there if everyone reads and check out server settings/donation items like you do. I don't think anyone will PC a mvp card in heRO on their first day considering that it's a low rate and mvp cards aren't available by donation... but these happen once in awhile anyway.

Green

... Wait. Only for PC on Doppel?
We get people flat out ask what the rates are. On main. Ingame.
Then reply with "Oh, okay. I'm new"

Golden

Stay on topic gentlemen.

International Ragnarok Online Private server is being review momentarily.

Green

... He says to two females.

Anyway~

Signify

Where are the goods Golden?

KiraKun

I find myself constantly checking to see if you've posted a new video too.
I like Lady Gaga's music.

Golden

no one has recommended any servers! >:O

Give me one! I'll do it right away!

Gankz

Signify

Quote from: Golden on Jun 30, 2010, 08:11 PM

Also what about

Quote from: Golden

Golden

Quote from: Gankz on Jun 30, 2010, 08:27 PM
Try Lumina or ROfl

Lumina's client failed on me hardore, but I'll give ROfl a shot.

Quote from: Signify on Jun 30, 2010, 09:10 PM
Quote from: Golden on Jun 30, 2010, 08:11 PM

Also what about

Quote from: Golden

I didn't upload that? s***, doing it now.

Green

DeadOwnz

I have a server or two if u don't mind?
EssenceRO - http://www.essencero.com 75x/75x/50x
and one i've always wanted to see get reviewed
intenseRO - http://www.register.intense-ro.net/  150x/150x
Pre-RO