IP address resolves to: 70-57-218-XX.eugn.qwest.net
Region:  COLORADO   
City:  EVERGREEN   
ISP: QWEST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION
Forum Displayname: Simply Guy
E-mail: [email protected]

Quote from: Simply Guy********URGENT MESSAGE - READ NOW
Dear Zairik,

I am a very simple man, me and a few other young pioneering hackers in RO back in the good old free beta days of iRO(at this time it was 2001, named hackers, Frost2 - HackdNSlashd - And others from ApezRO Hacking community, do some research if you have a little spare time ApezRO will give you many results on google) had decided to take over cRO servers, utilizing high risk buffer overflow attacks on there webservers, we we're then able to to access their computers hard drives remotely over seas, we had ran shellcode their Operating Systems which literally embedded itself into every orifice in the windows operating system kernel, alas, we we're able to extract the entire AEGIS Database the RO Server you're running on your computer today, that is, if you're the one hosting the AEGIS Server, with the Login Database Character Database Map Database and Item Database(I believe that is all four of them, it has been awhile since I took the time to get a new copy of it)  and Apache 1.3.37 webserver.

If you are not the administrator of the computer operating the SQL Databases I suggest you immediately relay this message to that person and do not repeat it to anyone.

-

You have a nice little community, everyone is happy doing their thing quests and everyone is jolly, I enjoy it myself, I'm a avid player I have two level 999 resets, and a lot of RO communities are getting destroyed now days by people, for no reason. Take a look at AnimaRO, Ahem, I am a culprit in AnimaRO's demise(much due respect, they were making insane amount of money off of a illegally pirated video game). Now, no one has to know about this message, just me and you, or me you and the person that runs the databases, IF you do not want to be the RO server to be literally owned(I'm trying to be real business like and friendly here, but otherwise, PWNX0RZED) then you will listen to my needs.

You probably yourself, or the administrator of the computer running ScytheRO realizes there is multiple exploits that can be executed on your computer, a total of 8 that have came to my apparent attention and there is no real reason to fix it them at all seeing as though it would take money and effort, but as long as you have me on your side, and knowing me, and maybe becoming my friend, I can patch up all that stuff for you via my wisdom and cisco networking academy training skills, but, my friend,  I really do not want to have to unleash juggernaut like power upon ScytheRO alas my demands will be met.

You have until December 7th, 2007 12:00AM to meet my demands listed below,  at which time you have not responded to my treaty of non non malicious action I will proceed to take over your databases(and yes I will have your SQL database user name and password), jump on peoples accounts and and then eventually destroy your hard drive(If you don't like my attitude I hope you regularly back up your server databases) and move on to the next server...

There will be no bargaining either. Either way, if you do not respond to this message subliminally I will become a nuisance, someone with access to your Databases, I will load their user name and password database on to my computer, I will have everyones information and that is something that you can not repair, i will have accounts of unequaled power, with mules of items. Then I will release it to everyone on these forms. Then, I will destroy your computer, because you are operating a spawn of what I created 6 years ago.

I demand that you create me an account with Items, One character, With a specific list of items I want.

Account Name: SimpleGuy13 (If it's not available send me my Account Name in your message back)

Password: whoami23

-

ITEMS:

100 Gold Coins
20000 Mithril Coins
50 Baphomet Cards
250 Turtle General Cards
250 Tao Gunka Cards
300 Paper Cards
10 Of All Customizable Wings
10 ELITE CUSTOM ITEMS WITH ATTRIBUTES THAT WILL MAKE ME HAPPY =)

And that's it.

If you understand everything I just said CIVILLY, and realize by accessing the internet people with loads of more information about computer than you have access to you and everything you don't know to do.

I can help you, Scratch my back and the favors will come endless to you..

Regards,
Simple Guy

--------------------------------

New message:

QuoteHow about... NO;)

You might want to read this:
Wannabe "1337 Hacker" making threats

Heh.

Alright now Zairik, it seems you want war.

Those people are going to have lots of fun with that IP Address, hahaha, for one I don't live in Colorado, so so much for your whois Database, because it IS my IP, just wireless =)

Those imbeciles don't have a f*** chance of getting into my computer. unless you want to have to hack roughly 5 wireless gateways and the try and hack my computer.

WELL if you think your so 1337 with your half A** IP tracker via Forum Board, you've got awhile to go 72.232.35.197 and I suggest you f*** update windows you moron because within 72 hours I'm going to completely obliterate any security in your computer and load your databases on to my computer so have fun you f*** noob.

yC

Jayne Cobb

I lol'd when he said he took Anima down. Obviously a fake wannabe.

MrrgleCaek

Haha...that's like a robber trying to hold up a bank with a banana....and "10 ELITE CUSTOM ITEMS WITH ATTRIBUTES THAT WILL MAKE ME HAPPY =)"? If he was so "1337" why didn't he make his own server and script his own "elite custom items" o.o;.
I guess that's just another kid that wants attention and pixel richeries for himself....

pfja1st

???
Do you(or anybody) really think he/she can take over ScytheRO?
It really seems so bold of him/her to make such actions...
With such demands, seems so candid...
With such detailed personal info, so vulgar...
It really seems so unbelievable but I think let's be cautious!
I'm not used to these things, that's why I am letting these words to go out on my reply...
/hmm
This really makes me think and quite makes me feel shiver...
*shivering*
(T_T)

mikka

Zartik, waht'd you do? all the s*** comes to SchytheRO >.<

anyways , here he's quotes.

[q]You have until December 7th, 2007 12:00AM to meet my demands listed below,  at which time you have not responded to my treaty of non non malicious action I will proceed to take over your databases(and yes I will have your SQL database user name and password), jump on peoples accounts and and then eventually destroy your hard drive(If you don't like my attitude I hope you regularly back up your server databases) and move on to the next server...[/q]

this is a possible, my friend can do such too, he can acess your forums first, take them over, then get your webhost info, then he will get to the ceres cp you are using and see your sql info, then he would get all the acc info, however, he is rong about one thing.

You've got his IP and for such actions your webhost may get him for big time, unless this is a script kiddy, or this may be canadian cow, which I'm not sure of, but he does do kind of things, take a look at SerenityRO for example.

Another thing, he said he took animaRO down, why'd he play it in first place? sotry changes wtf.

Zarik , take longer no more actions, ban his IP from yuor website and forums and banish him forever form accesing your server.

Good Luck.
Foreign wild.

pfja1st

Quote from: mikka on Dec 06, 2007, 02:41 AM
Zartik, waht'd you do? all the s*** comes to SchytheRO >.<

anyways , here he's quotes.

[q]You have until December 7th, 2007 12:00AM to meet my demands listed below,  at which time you have not responded to my treaty of non non malicious action I will proceed to take over your databases(and yes I will have your SQL database user name and password), jump on peoples accounts and and then eventually destroy your hard drive(If you don't like my attitude I hope you regularly back up your server databases) and move on to the next server...[/q]

this is a possible, my friend can do such too, he can acess your forums first, take them over, then get your webhost info, then he will get to the ceres cp you are using and see your sql info, then he would get all the acc info, however, he is rong about one thing.

You've got his IP and for such actions your webhost may get him for big time, unless this is a script kiddy, or this may be canadian cow, which I'm not sure of, but he does do kind of things, take a look at SerenityRO for example.

Another thing, he said he took animaRO down, why'd he play it in first place? sotry changes wtf.

Zarik , take longer no more actions, ban his IP from yuor website and forums and banish him forever form accesing your server.

Good Luck.
i really think she/he is right about the action he/she had suggested.
i really can't suggest anymore thing(s) but to stay with mikka's side!
i wish you all luck with this!
god speed!
(^_^)
you can do it!
/no1

akihito

i loled

well this just like what i get months ago
a so-called E-Mail reply from Gravity LLC

mikka

lmao, I bet its the same guy too.

agoing offtopic: hey Akhito remember me, you wanted to buy AniRO off me XD
Foreign wild.

Zone

Lame donkey, demanding in game items, what the f*** is he smoking?
If I were in his position, I would be demanding USD.
He fails at life.

mikka

har har har, smokey bacon that is XD
Foreign wild.

Ambrose Merle

As a former hacker... I gotta admit... That was well written. Most definetly a bluff, however. I saw nothing truely dangerous about what he said that he could truely back, and even if he carried out anything, what hope would he have of getting anywhere, he completely leeked out the password and everything. In addition the password is so flimsy and weak it'd be like a massacre the instant it would be created. He lacks forethought, actual intuition, and possibly een skill assuming he has any.

Please note, I was a tracking hacker, and knew only a little defensive tricks. I was not a full out-hostile hacker and was even requested certain times to hunt down illegal activities being performed on servers. I'm beyond rusty, seeing as it's been years, so I'm not the best judge of things, but I can still analyze certain data well enough. This hacker is most likely of no real threat, IF they're even a hacker.

To be utmost blunt... It was nothing more than a nice little stitch together of movie lines, ludicrous nonsense, and pathelogical lies. I'd call the bluff, ban the person who threatened you, and follow it up with a little move of checkers. Check his IP, check the similar character names on your server, and ban them if the IP and character name match. The chance it would not be the same person is highly unlikely. One of the hardest things to do is to coverup your IP to match someone elses, which would make this highly unlikely a framing attempt, which clearly means this guy is not very cunning at all, or probably the relative/friend of the individual in question who snuck on their computer. If he snuck on to that persons computer, and their account gets banned, you'll basically ensure him being caught and punished in real life unless the victimized friend is slow-witted.

That's enough of my input, off to the next post in question!

mikka

however, he didnt do anything and no one gave him anything, so we know its a fraud.
Foreign wild.

Ambrose Merle

Precisely my point. It appears to be a weak a bluff, nothing really more.

Zone

akihito

probably some retarded player which jealous about your population and decided to do that lol

er... mikka ?
probably i forget who are you , but i never "buy" other server lol

asdfqwerty123

New message:
QuoteHow about... NO;)

You might want to read this:
Wannabe "1337 Hacker" making threats

Heh.

Quote from: Simply Guy,
Re:How about..., Yesterday, 12:02 AM

Those people are going to have lots of fun with that IP Address, hahaha, for one I don't live in Colorado, so so much for your whois Database, because it IS my IP, just wireless =)

Those imbeciles don't have a f*** chance of getting into my computer. unless you want to have to hack roughly 5 wireless gateways and the try and hack my computer.

WELL if you think your so 1337 with your half A** IP tracker via Forum Board, you've got awhile to go 72.232.35.197 and I suggest you f*** update windows you moron because within 72 hours I'm going to completely obliterate any security in your computer and load your databases on to my computer so have fun you f*** noob.

Ambrose Merle

Quote from: Simply Guy,
Re:How about..., Yesterday, 12:02 AM

I sense a disturbance in the farse... Not impressed. Updating windows wouldn't stop a hacker, if anything it actually potentialy might weaken the defence assuming this guy is also up to date. He's obviously scared, panicing, a member on the forums, and lsot his temper. Simple analysis can be drawn from the first letter to this, showing he's not as detailed, losing some of the facts, and even running over himself.

About hacking him? No, I couldn't, at least not this week. I'd need to relearn how to hack, and extend to offensive hacking, which might literally involve relearning it. Normally my skills don't go this dormant, but it does happen I guess.

Also, his "calculations" are off. There might be five assuming he's in the next state or two. If it's in, or past colorado, we're looking more in the tens, or farther. There is one per town, and one per state, sometimes more. Then, there is ALSO sometimes even minor local servers like for businesses that he might be under. That's all fairly easy to bipass actually assuming you know the right route... I know someone taht could get through them with a few minutes of tests and research in under 10 minutes. I should know, they tried to hack my laptop mid vacation in Florida -.-;; That was the reason I originally started learning to hack as I did! This guy does not know much about hacking, defense systems, or the ilk. At msot, I'm guessing he knows someone who can hack a little, or he probably took an online course... In which case he'll probably frag himself. Rule #1: Don't listen to online courses on how to hack, especially if you're a slow learner and can't think straight. This guy, is definetly not thinking straight at the least -.-;; It pains me to see immature goons with worthless threats... Makes me wish I had the power of a god... I'd make their fans burn out so they would be forced to deal with reality instead of a computer screen and video games all day... -.-; I wonder if he considers hacking to be cracking into sexy beach 3... If so, I'm going to lol at him  ::)

mikka

Tell him to suck a big fat **** , he won't od anything, words with no actions, useless
Foreign wild.

Zone

OOOOOh, scary...imma haxor joo cuz i are 1337!!!11one
Yeah, Ban by IP, accounts.
5 wireless gateways, what an idiot.
I don't f*** with wireless all that much, but I highly doubt you can get a connection routing through 5 wireless connections.
I have no doubt in my mind this guy is full of schnitzel.

mikka

ah, so this is our mystrious hacker or, btw fead , I suggest stfu, stop flaming him with no reasons, its not our fault you walk around like a n00b pretend to hax people, like I said all talk no action, your the key of s***.

please die, I'm sick of earing your comment, Drama Queen  :P

lmao , you can't fool me or my friends, what an idiot  :D
Foreign wild.

MrrgleCaek

Wow, kids these days...certainly got all our attention though o_o
more or less I'm suprised how well fead the "1337" has managed to type in good english in his first demands, now he's throwin' fing this and fing that.
No need to flame back at the poor kid...sounds distressed as is xD.
Wonder why I'm posting...mabye it's due to that it's 3:30 in the morning and lack of sleep....
Anyway, best of luck getting rid of this little troublemaker Zairik, I know as a server owner myself how stressful it is having to deal with people...
and 5 wireless gateways? Doesn't he mean a wireless router with 5 ethernet ports or something? >_>

@mikka: I lol'ed hard at how well you shot mr.1337 down

Ambrose Merle

So the kiddy has shown himself... Beware his computer scrambling cuss words. Uh oh, I think I'm being hacked... OH NOES! alwrhhawihbjnbaeur~------- ... -.- Reality check "fead"! You lost this game of "chess" AGES ago, when you tried to start it. Do you REALLY think Zairik would make that account under ANY threat? Furthermore, do you think he'd let you keep it, OR that the community would for that matter!? In addition, did you seem to miss the point of how much Zairik gets for helping servers, not to mention donations!? If you hack his computer, chances are he could buy a new one to replace it within a week, and I think it's safe to say he has backups of his server data. You're messing with the wrong people, at the wrong place, at the wrong time. Go grow up, learn some ways of insulting without profanity, and if you really want that kind of stuff so bad, go use your "1337" abilities to MAKE a server. If you can hack, making a server will be a walk in the park! The "1337" community is not impressed, and the real hacking community is not impressed. You PHAILED! Next time, think ahead, think logically, but most of all, JUST THINK! Besides, you think I'm afraid if you hack this computer? It's going to die within the year becuase the bearings on its fans are dying, the wiring is old, and so much more. Even if you somehow managed to permanently scrap it, you'd basically only speed up the inevitable by a few months or weeks at best! Plus, I don't even play RO so you'd save me the time of helping others by hacking me.
You. suck. at. this. period.

fead45

Quote from: Ambrosemerle on Dec 08, 2007, 10:19 AM
So the kiddy has shown himself... Beware his computer scrambling cuss words. Uh oh, I think I'm being hacked... OH NOES! alwrhhawihbjnbaeur~------- ... -.- Reality check "fead"! You lost this game of "chess" AGES ago, when you tried to start it. Do you REALLY think Zairik would make that account under ANY threat? Furthermore, do you think he'd let you keep it, OR that the community would for that matter!? In addition, did you seem to miss the point of how much Zairik gets for helping servers, not to mention donations!? If you hack his computer, chances are he could buy a new one to replace it within a week, and I think it's safe to say he has backups of his server data. You're messing with the wrong people, at the wrong place, at the wrong time. Go grow up, learn some ways of insulting without profanity, and if you really want that kind of stuff so bad, go use your "1337" abilities to MAKE a server. If you can hack, making a server will be a walk in the park! The "1337" community is not impressed, and the real hacking community is not impressed. You PHAILED! Next time, think ahead, think logically, but most of all, JUST THINK! Besides, you think I'm afraid if you hack this computer? It's going to die within the year becuase the bearings on its fans are dying, the wiring is old, and so much more. Even if you somehow managed to permanently scrap it, you'd basically only speed up the inevitable by a few months or weeks at best! Plus, I don't even play RO so you'd save me the time of helping others by hacking me.
You. suck. at. this. period.
Please go to My Profile and please check My Recent Posts! I think that goes to everyone who believe in Ambrosemerie's post, which is just quoted above! My posts is my evidence, I hope you can comprehend! This is really a misunderstanding against my side, so please do your homework and let yourself find-out-the-truth! I hope you will and I hope your minds are open enough to learn from a mistaken understanding! Thank you for your time in reading/investigating this matter! Once more, thanks again!

behave please.

asdfqwerty123

This guy reminds me of another loser who was from Latvia (if you're American, there's a 99.9% chance you have no idea where that is because it's a spec on the map).  He couldn't speak English worth a crap, and kept claiming "1337 hacker skills" because he could change his IP (using a program someone cracked for him) after we banned him for botting and countless other things (even making death threats against me, my family, and my staff).  The absolute dumbest thing he did was keep coming back saying "THIS IS WAR!", "UNBAN MY ACCOUNT!", and "YOU LICK A** TO... <random name>".

mikka

dudes, this is not a flame topic, we're all gonna get warned when he gets back , lets just stay out of this, ignore him and like Xeno said , got osmething to say private msg him , dont take it out on RMS forums please.
How do you think players feel about these wars? they ashame our servers. Stop it.
Foreign wild.

Zone

This topic was started by Zairik, to discuss said hacker, and my reply making fun of this said hacker starts a flame war, when really, I am just being corrective and laughing at how this is a heap of schnitzel.
Let's get back to the original topic of discussion now.

This said hacker wants in game items and a 1337 account, but why?
Wouldn't you prefer some of those USD?
I know I sure would.
In the event of any damages done to Zairik's business, Zairik can hunt this individual down, over the internet, screw the 5 wireless gateways, find out about this said hacker, even through his access logs, and then press charges for destruction of private property and or business, and I believe Alan would make further actions as well, IF this event were to occur.

@Zairik
    What do you think about this poster that has been posting this non-sense in your topics?

akihito

Quote from: Zairik on Dec 08, 2007, 03:46 PM
This guy reminds me of another loser who was from Latvia (if you're American, there's a 99.9% chance you have no idea where that is because it's a spec on the map).  He couldn't speak English worth a crap, and kept claiming "1337 hacker skills" because he could change his IP (using a program someone cracked for him) after we banned him for botting and countless other things (even making death threats against me, my family, and my staff).  The absolute dumbest thing he did was keep coming back saying "THIS IS WAR!", "UNBAN MY ACCOUNT!", and "YOU LICK A** TO... <random name>".

haha you reminds me of another loser from Philippine which got banned for botting+scamming and he/she even send death threats letter to my home letterbox.

Rbread

Why do some many topics about "hackers" appear?  By posting this, you are telling us that you're actually feeling insecure and want people to post things that go in favor of your situation.  I see this topic just begging for more drama than amount of drama I can get off of soap.  If all else fails, pull the plug/wireless/power.

Ambrose Merle

Yeah, that's what I did. Then again, some hackers are just obnoxious and keep comming back. Which is why I learned to counter hack way back when. I should probably write a guide on how to handle hackers, but I'm too tired right now and just wrote one on how to write a proper server report.

asdfqwerty123

The objective of this topic was to alert people of this person making idiotic threats.

Who's to say it was ONLY sent to my server?  Parts of the original message sounded generic as if it was a message used more than once.

In example:
QuoteIf you are not the administrator of the computer operating the SQL Databases I suggest you immediately relay this message to that person and do not repeat it to anyone.

From what he said in the original message, I knew the person didn't know what he was talking about.
I was never worried about this person, though it would be stupid to ignore.  It's quite a funny threat.

QuoteNow, no one has to know about this message, just me and you, or me you and the person that runs the databases...

The comment above was why I decided to post it here, simply to draw a lot of attention to scare this person straight.

Zone

That is what made me laugh.
QuoteNow, no one has to know about this message, just me and you, or me you and the person that runs the databases...

Ambrose Merle

Yeaaaaaaaah... about that quote? I think it's pretty well flushed... And hasn't it been 72 hours?

Zone

Yup, servers and Zairik are still here and still strong.

asdfqwerty123

Growing actually, December gave us a spike as far as unique visits. 
I assume it's because more people are inside during the holidays.

Zone

Indeed, that is definitely a good choice of a server now that you got new staff.

Ambrose Merle

well, this means I still know some stuff about hacking, since I sniffed this guy out as being a fraud fairly quickly... I guess being unusual has its benefits, no? Well goodluck Zair, I'm out of this topic for awhile. If I rejoin Ro, you know where I'll be.

mikifujiyama

ha ha...funny read.

out of curiosity...why didnt you just "agree" to his demands...meet his character online then ban him.

It would save the trouble of tracking him down.  He would have to come to you to pick up those items he demanded.

Zone

He wanted them on the account.
Not given to him, but the account made and the items already on the account.